Mandatory Amount In Figures And Words

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by Thyagarajan, Mar 7, 2024.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

MANDATORY
    AMOUNT IN FIGURES AND WORDS​

Why is it mandatory in the banks to write on cheques the amount of money in both- words and figure...

At 4.00 pm, when the bank was closed for the day, the branch manager received a phone call from a woman in a very sweet, melodious voice. From the other end of the phone, the lady murmured like a cascading fall, "Sir, I desperately need one lakh in cash. I'll get to you with the cheque in few minutes, would you please wait for me?"

Taken in by her honeyed voice , the lascivious branch manager was only eager to look at the customer.

He ordered the cashier to keep the cash ready. The cashier got upset with utter annoyance, but started getting ready to pay one lakh.

Meanwhile, a huge, fat, looking woman knocked at the glass door of the branch manager's chamber and opened a little said in a soft voice, " may I come in, sir?"

For so long, the manager had imagined the face of a slim tall coquettish
    woman...but when he saw this woman, he was rendered speechless for a while. But he regained his senses quickly and said, "Sorry, madam, the cash is closed today. Come tomorrow."

"You could have said that over the phone!"- the woman walked out of his chamber with a bang.

The cashier, who was waiting ready to pay, said tad angrily to the manager, "If you were not to pay, why did you hold me back?"

The manager said- You also must know the international rule of banks-
    "If words and FIGURE do not match, payment will be declined."

The cashier fainted

Viswamitra likes this.