Managing stress by Acceptance

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by cheer, Apr 11, 2007.

1. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Sometimes, when we are down, we worry too much, and we don't know what to do. We don't know how to cope with problems. Sometimes we
    have no chance to change anything. We feel that everything in our life is out of our control, out of our own power. We don't know how to cope with uncertainty and overwhelming challenges. We are
    stuck, not knowing where to go and what to do. How do we deal with such a situation? How do we cope?

There is way out of the blues! Our mental response is very powerful tool. If we can not change something, we can change the way we think about it. Understanding what can be done and what can't be done is the only right way to deal with adversity. We have a choice. There is always a choice. A choice to accept reality and uncertainty, or a choice to sit down and worry forever.

We are not able to control everything .The only thing that we can control is our reaction! Our response to what happens to us makes the difference. Don't deny reality. Instead, turn denial into acceptance. Let reality be reality.

Accept, hope and cope!

Acceptance is similar to managing stress. Both affect our body and mind. Accepting reality is the right solution and the right choice. Do you know why? Because emotions don't have anything to do with our will. What can you do with emotions? You can accept them, experience them and express them. By doing that, we will expend a lot of energy. But acceptance releases energy.

I will explain: Whenever we worry, we use a lot of energy. Actually we lose energy. But when we accept reality, we gain our energy back. We really need energy to deal with situations; we need energy to survive. When we accept challenges, we save energy and protect ourselves from being sick by worrying.

Acceptance gives us a "feeling" of dealing with the situation. We get control over our life. Acceptance means: I don't need to fight. I will accept those things I can't change and get to work on those I can. I will accept whatever comes to me on my way through life. I am strong and prepared to understand that life is beautiful, in spite of all challenges. I am in charge of my own life. I am mature!<SCRIPT><!--D(["mb","\u003cspan\>\u003c/span\> \u003cbr\>\u003cbr\>Acceptance is a source of power and serenity. Acceptance is not apathy! By accepting reality, we are taking responsibility for our life. When accepting reality we are gaining - not loosing. Acceptance is a skill that can save our life. Do not forget to accept and love yourself first. Everything starts with you first! As a coping technique, acceptance is not always welcome in Western society! Our society teaches us: Go and fight for it! Do not give up! You can do it! It's worth fighting for.\n\u003cbr\>\u003cbr\>I have no problem with all those statements .I only have a problem with one thing: When should we use this fighting strategy? Who is going to tell us when to fight and when not to fight and accept? Use The Serenity Prayer as guidance: &quot;God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference&quot;. Our inner wisdom will tell us what to choose and what to do.\n\u003c/b\>\u003c/i\>\u003c/span\> \u003cbr\>\u003cbr\>-- \u003cbr\>Manisha \n\u003c/p\>\n \u003c/div\> \n\n \n \u003cspan width\u003d\"1\" style\u003d\"color:white\"\>__._,_.___\u003c/span\>\n \n \u003cdiv\>\n \u003cspan\>\n \u003ca href\u003d\"http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc\u003dX3oDMTM3bmo3ZmsxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzMTI4MzAwBGdycHNwSWQDMTYwMDAxMzYyMARtc2dJZAM0Mzc1MgRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzExNTEzMjk2MTMEdHBjSWQDNDM3NTI-;_ylg\u003d1/SIG\u003d11v80rr6j/**http%3a//groups.yahoo.com/group/dilsedesigroup/message/43752\" target\u003d\"_blank\" onclick\u003d\"return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)\"\>\n Messages in this topic \u003c/a\> (\u003cspan\>1\u003c/span\>)\n \u003c/span\>\n \u003ca href\u003d\"http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc\u003dX3oDMTJyMTZva25tBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzMTI4MzAwBGdycHNwSWQDMTYwMDAxMzYyMARtc2dJZAM0Mzc1MgRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNycGx5BHN0aW1lAzExNTEzMjk2MTM-;_ylg\u003d1/SIG\u003d12lcfc4us/**http%3a//groups.yahoo.com/group/dilsedesigroup/post%3fact\u003dreply%26messageNum\u003d43752\" target\u003d\"_blank\" onclick\u003d\"return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)\"\>\n \u003cspan\>\n Reply \u003c/span\> (via web post)\n \u003c/a\> | \n \u003ca href\u003d\"http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc\u003dX3oDMTJmOWdpOXBtBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzMTI4MzAwBGdycHNwSWQDMTYwMDAxMzYyMARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzExNTEzMjk2MTM-;_ylg\u003d1/SIG\u003d11mt03bmj/**http%3a//groups.yahoo.com/group/dilsedesigroup/post\" target\u003d\"_blank\" onclick\u003d\"return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)\"\>",1]);//--></SCRIPT>

Acceptance is a source of power and serenity. Acceptance is not apathy! By accepting reality, we are taking responsibility for our life. When accepting reality we are gaining - not loosing. Acceptance is a skill that can save our life. Do not forget to accept and love yourself first. Everything starts with you first! As a coping technique, acceptance is not always welcome in Western society! Our society teaches us: Go and fight for it! Do not give up! You can do it! It's worth fighting for.

I have no problem with all those statements .I only have a problem with one thing: When should we use this fighting strategy? Who is going to tell us when to fight and when not to fight and accept? Use The Serenity Prayer as guidance: "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference". Our inner wisdom will tell us what to choose and what to do.

Believe me this will work, so try it today & you will find a difference.

Best of luck:wave

2. kinnu

kinnu New IL'ite

Hi ,very well said. If we cant change things acceptance makes it easier.thanx