1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Makeup tips for Oily Skin

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by Pra, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Pra

Pra New IL'ite

If you have oily skin, before applying make-up first apply astringent lotion and wait for 5 min then do make-up as you like.

Consider makeup that is a shade lighter than your skin. The reason is because makeup tends to turn a shade darker once it mixes with the skin's natural oils. This point even hold true if you are going to spend time outside where you will sweat. Sweat has sebum which again turns foundation dark. (I once used a pink based foundation, by evening I was looking orange - You don't want to do that)

Stick to foundations with a yellow base, even if you have rosy cheeks. Yellow base tends to suit Indian skin better. Besides, you can reclaim the rosy cheeks with a blush, but there is no undoing an entire face that looks like you are dying of a sun-stroke.

Use powder or compact to soak up the oil. A good option is Maybelline's White stay UV Compact or their dream mousee matt foundation (This offers thicker coverage). you can check it out more details on their site whitestayuvzone.com

Hope this is of help frds...do share ur views on this

takecare

2. floryinson

floryinson New IL'ite

Thank you for sharing this points.My friend has a oily skin i will deffinetly share these points with her.

3. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

thanks for the share...

4. brindaarun

brindaarun Silver IL'ite

Thanks for sharing...

5. Lavc

Lavc New IL'ite

Hi Pra, Im a new ILite.. you spoke about astringent.. i know the purpose of it, but how can i get it as a product? does any of the cosmetic brands have this? what is it called? :hiya