Maid Servant

Discussion in 'Andhra Pradesh' started by shree2010, May 26, 2010.

1. shree2010

shree2010 New IL'ite

One of the biggest problems that I have been facing for several months now is with the maid servants. They seem to be in more demand. The quality of their work has drastically come down, they demand more pay and would like to take vacation (without notification) as per their convinience.

When I was young, we used to have a maid who worked for 14 yrs in our house and we never faced any problems. Nowadays, its difficult to see a maid working for 14 months :).

It looks like a common problem for lot of people. Appreciate if other members can share their opinions and any creative solutions to address this?

2. madhupriya24

madhupriya24 New IL'ite

Yes,Maid servant is the biggest problem everyone is facing.I happened to know of my cousin who stays at NY and she does all the work for herself.I think India also becomes like hat.Even though we r ready to offer them large amount , they are not ready to work and we have to bend to their terms and conditions.

1 person likes this.
  3. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

hi agree with you dear. we pay 1000 rs to the maid and her demands are never ending. the way the clean the house or wash dishes it really irritates me to the core. just because i cannot handle all the work we have maid at home. really a big problem in our life is servants:bonk:bonk:bonk:bonk

4. sunny2009

sunny2009 New IL'ite

Hi
    I too faced many problems with maid servants but I got a good solution now.You may find this solution not acceptable but we dont hav any other way.Its a practical solution,I feel.
    We should prepare ourselves that we hire maid servants for reducing the household chores only half way, i.e., just think that maid servant does only half work and remaining all need to be done by us.Then there wont be any issues if she doesnt do well also.Let me make it clear, my maid servant sweeps the houise and mops the floor, but agian in the evening i sweep the house such that the remaining durt is removed.Motham manam chesukovadam kante sagam pani chesukovadam easy kada :)
    And just like v hav holidays they also ll hav holidays with or without intimation.So assume that we hire maid servants only for 20-24 days a month.That's it.If they dont turn up, then dont bother.I prepared myself for this and I'm very much in peace with my maid servant.
    For the past 4 months I'm managing like this only.
    So stop worrying and make up ur mind then things ll turn positive.:thumbsup

5. shree2010

shree2010 New IL'ite

Good solution Sunny. Being mentally prepared does help a lot. Thanks for sharing.

One solution that I am currently testing - hired 2 maids. One comes in the morning and the other during the eveining. Has worked fine so far (one month). I have hired them to do specific tasks. If both of them come on a given day then no one has any extra work. If one is absent, then the other maid completes all the tasks (including that of the absent maid). Ofcourse I pay extra money for that. Though a little costly solution, it is much more convinient.

6. vayusri

vayusri Senior IL'ite

Ya, its works but a bit difficult to manage for working woman to workout after going home.

7. lini2009

lini2009 New IL'ite

Hi ,

I too face the same problem.So I have asked her if she cannot make on any day then sent someone else who could do the work. Every 2 months they want hike and does not want to work.

8. ra23

ra23 New IL'ite

U R RIGHT. can any one help in getting maid agency in punjab.

9. natashabhan

natashabhan New IL'ite

Hi,

I have an issue with maids too. i get maids.. train them and in less than a month they want to leave... its so annoying... u spend time teaching them work.. paying them well and fore a mere 100 or 200 bucks they will join elsewhere. The issue i am currently facing is that i have a maid who works with me on a 12 hr basis from morning 8 to evening 8. She wanted to be with me for 24hrs and i told her that once you have learnt the work i will hire u for 24 hrs. My cook (who had got her) told her that if ur in need of money look for a job for post 8 pm to 8 am and then head here by 8. Now, the maid has picked up another job without even bothering to inform me and she has been lying. i had a 3 month old baby and after my delivery i get very tired doing all the work by myself. i don't understand shall i just ask her to leave? shall i confront her?? super stressed... pls help!!!

10. Rodrigues

Rodrigues Bronze IL'ite

HI ladies,

When the maid comes,I have leave alll my work,n just keep an eye on them,..I hate this part.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013