1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Maid OR Mem???

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dEar balajee,

now thats asking for TOO MUCH...yes she may be like one of us but attributing philanthropy is a bit too much :biglaugh i am paying her the going rate here and not more.

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear kamalji,

now I do not yet know if she has a bigger house, bigger car and a better husband than me but isnt she quite a mem??? But see, she made me feel bekaar by just mentioning taxes:)

hahhah i liked your advice..she is surely a topic for blogs and I promise, as i wriote about her i thought about you...if it was kamalji he would have posted her picture too,i thought:biglaugh

3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear cheeniya sir,

Happy to see you here.:)First of all a big :cheers to you and oj da for exactly the same thought that i had...from day one i have been thinking maybe she is too smart for me and nicknamed her"namma jeeves"

she is quite the ladys lady:) isn't she?

! But imagine a maid passing some rude comment about a blog of mine while sweeping the floor!

:rotfl:rotfl: i fear the same too..maybe i will be groping for the correct word while writing a blog and she will come to the rescue,
    or maybe she is soon going to object to me wearing a purple saree or a pink silk churidhar :biglaugh:

After reading this haiku in a magazine, she always makes it a point to appoint as our maid only someone like the distant cousin of the Hunchback of Notre Dame. Or one of those who could pass off as the Madam Tussaud's wax model of the celebrated witches of Macbeth!

of course you are joking but one of my friends here actually objects to her maid wearing short skirts and working in front of her husband(friends husband that is).so you see,many females actually believe in that haiku:)

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear oj da,

thanks for being here.:)I am not at all surprised to see the Bertie jeeves analogy from you...being an ardent fan of wodehouse that is exactly what struck me too.:cheers

As to how inadequate Mina makes me feel, please do read my reply to cheeniya sir above.

You should try an adventure or two and see what tricks Mina has in store for you to win battles against Aunt Agatha.

hahah i may be tempted to try that provided she is as faithful as jeeves To bertie and stays with me for sometime at least..

you are really not very wrong in quoting khayyam too..i am usually in my night dress with my early morning face when in walks Mina looking chic and pretty,...:biglaugh.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear saikripa,

that would have been really terrible...but i too have experienced this.When you really need them they are not there.thanks for stepping in saikripa.

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi,

Ha ha, what an interesting intro to your Mina mam!

Maids looking like models is not news to me.

Today, I am the maid and mam, all rolled into one and only! Somehow, people at home also feel the same way about me :( Or else, maybe they think that the glass on the living room table will grow legs and walk itself to the sink? I am yet to find out and don't dare for all the obvious reasons.

My first tryst with a maid started in England when I became a new mom. Unable to cope with a new baby and housework, I got myself a maid who took a glance at me and my little home and wrote a list of all the cleaning materials to be bought by the next day. Also set rules about a cigarette and a coffee break. I was so in awe of her that I tidied up the house and myself before her arrival!! After taking in a week of her antics, I felt all energized and raring to go clean the house myself!

My experience in Germany was somewhat similar, although not so dramatic. She drove her own Merc and looked well groomed with manicured nails and all. But as her presence and the meticulous cleaning of each room which took the whole day made me restless, I bid farewell to her soon enough.

Now in the US, you can ask for cleaning services, ofcourse, for a price. Not too bad. Only, they prefer to clean only that what I prefer to clean too!! Nooks and corners, top of the cupboards and other difficult to reach spots can stay put, with dust and all!!

So you see, I am not made for maid!

Wish you lots of luck with your enterprising Mina:)

(Hey, sorry that my fbs seem longer than the original posts!!)

L, Kamla

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  7. Rithwika

Rithwika Senior IL'ite

Hi Mindi,

Nice narration. I liked it.

Dont have luxury of having maid at home here. But, I would wish for one. (advanced or conventional.) :rotfl

Radhika

8. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

dear mindi

that was tooo much for anyone for that matter:).
    enjoyed reading very much.

keep posting.

9. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Nice narration Mindi.

Now a days ,even our maids back home are smart,moneyed and choosy.

My maid prefers Preeti mixie to my Sumeet(azhagaa irukkuma!)and has one.

She has a 29' TV +a Kalaignar donated free 14"tv!

3 members of their family earn 15 K plus...

She goes on tourist bus holidays(thats what she calls them-visits 10-12 places of interest every year!

Buys gold for Akshaya Thritaya...and what not!

No wonder she hardly cares for hand me down dresses or fridge fresh rasams!(Better I cook what I just need:bonk)

10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear kamla,

good to see you here :) was nice to read about your experiences..

I was so in awe of her that I tidied up the house and myself before her arrival!! After taking in a week of her antics, I felt all energized and raring to go clean the house myself!

hahah that had me :biglaugh:biglaugh

My mIna does give me a lot of amusement...listen to the latest kams,i had hosted a dinner on friday and she was great cleaning up and all but now will not come on monday because " her old man (thats what she calls her sardar husband) wants to unwind himself,la" and so they are going to thailand for a holiday..:biglaugh you know where i will be coming to unwind after doing all that work,next week? to IL of course hahahha

(Hey, sorry that my fbs seem longer than the original posts!!)

no need to apologize,i always enjoy your comments:)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010