1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Maid OR Mem???

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi
    Oh my God! Such a maid would certainly make me feel highly intimidated! It is not that I have any objection to a female version of Prof.Higgins of Pygmalion working as my maid as long as she ignores all my stupidity and refrain from offering her comments from time to time. But unfortunately, a maid with such active grey cells is bound to be garrulous and I just can't stand it. I deliberately prefer the dumber ones who refer to my working on my PC as 'Aiyya is typing!' It is alright for guys like Bertie Wooster to engage super brainy guys like Jeeves as their 'gentleman's personal gentleman' as Bertie is never out of soup and it is only the super brilliance of Jeeves can pull him out of it every time! But imagine a maid passing some rude comment about a blog of mine while sweeping the floor! Reminds me of a TV ad where the sweeping maid suddenly breaks into an English song stunning her master!

Talking of maids, my wife once read a haiku which goes like this:
    We got a new maid
    The house became clean
    But my mind very dirty!
    (புது வேலைக்காரி வந்தாச்சு
    வீடும் சுத்தமாச்சு
    சுதான் குப்பையாச்சு)

After reading this haiku in a magazine, she always makes it a point to appoint as our maid only someone like the distant cousin of the Hunchback of Notre Dame. Or one of those who could pass off as the Madam Tussaud's wax model of the celebrated witches of Macbeth!
    So I would never get a chance to rave about my maid like you do!
    Sri

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  2. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Lovely piece. Humour and wisdom meshed together. Also, a real eye opener. I am full of respect for Mina. And she reminded me of a verse from Omar Khayyam:

Or, may be, this is not the best quote to describe your relationship with Mina. There is a better analogy. Bertie Wooster vs. Jeeves. You should try an adventure or two and see what tricks Mina has in store for you to win battles against Aunt Agatha. Bertie had once described her in the following terms:

All the best to both Mina and you.

oj-da

P.S. I am adding this postscript because I have no choice. After uploading my fb, I went back and read what Cheeniya had written. To my horror, I discovered that he had thought of Bertie already. But believe me please, both Cheeniya and you, I really thought up the Wooster-Jeeves thing by myself. I don't mind copying Cheeniya, but I am not as stupid as this! I mean repeating his wisdom immediately below his fb!! Cheeniya dear! Tell me please, why the hell are you faster and cleverer than all the rest of us? :drowning

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear Paddu,

Thanks for being here as i can imagine how busy you must be with the new addition...pleasurable it is but you can now justify the need for a full time maid..hope you find one that leaves you with enough time to peep in here regularly:)

my love to little Avyay and his sis:) seeing them together will give you topics for many a blog,i am sure:)

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear shree,

That is a lovely title you have bestowed me with:) and I AM honored

very true, dignity of labour and their professionalism is to be appreciated.

i loved hearing about the greek couple and the proposal...Would make a very good Ad for Instant Bru,No?:biglaugh

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

yes Ami Hats off to her indeed..Anyway she did give me enough material to blog on:)
    thanks for the visit.

6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear susri,

thanks for joining me here and I AM glad that you liked the post.:)

wow,was impressed by your maid too..imagine paying in lacs as admission fees..very true the meaning has changed now..And even the terminology from servant to maid to maybe " She helps me around with the chores" would be more appreciated by them..:)

7. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Dear Mindi,
    My Maid servant also quit all of the sudden , when i had a Leg fracture in the last 2 years back..at that time, i searched a lot.no servant at my home.
    Nowa days, maid servant are very well dressed & keep mobile in the purse..

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear Nat,

Mindi - Great write up.:thumbsup

Sense of humour amazing

thanks buddy...can you see my wide smile?

She is the Maid for Mindi - MAID for Each Other, but too much for a Monday Morning haan?:)

that we do not know yet...too early to say..u know my hubby calls it the honeymoon period when i a m very happy with the new maid..later i start the cribs ,he says :biglaugh

,What a great write up to reveal that you are jobless Chartered Accountant in the end.

No nat,by now everybody knows that I am a jobless CA.The post was about her doing the taxes and me sitting Bekaar on a monday morning.hahahha

But I agree with you,.it is my choice and I am glad that I do have a choice.

The next blog from you, I expect / suspect will be on "BEING A GOOD GHOSTESS".:rotfl

Why is that now,Samjha nahin baba i am not as smart as you:bonk

Mindi, sorry if I am irritating you too much on a Tuesday Afternoon.:bowdown

If you say Nats shut up, I shall. It's a word from the villain from the virtual world.

Nahin,my friend... Mindi doesnt get irritated that easily:).and why do you call yourself a villian..i thought of giving you a more dignified title like " An actor in a comic role" or something.:)

9. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear Jai,

good to see you..:) yes, quite the mem,isnt she?

Oh jai i was :rotfl:rotfl at this maid of yours who finished up all the laddoos and sweets intended for your daughter.thats one thing i have noticed here they are not interested in food at all...of course maybe they do not like our food anyway..

lucky that you have a maid whom you consider a boon.Not many have that luxury.:)

10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear Saras,

great to see you :)

you really made my day with your comments...i agree with you,it IS our mindset and that may not not change ,i feel:)

I have not met anyone like her before so actually rushed here to tell you all about it:biglaugh