1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

'Maa, I Love You...' Mother's Day Contest

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Padmasrinivas, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Mothers Day Competition - IndusLadies"
    Maa, I love you… - Mothers Day Competition - IndusLadies"

.IL_LINK_STYLE { BORDER-RIGHT: transparent 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: transparent 1px solid; DISPLAY: inline! important; BACKGROUND: 0% 50%; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px! important; BORDER-LEFT: transparent 1px solid; CURSOR: pointer! important; COLOR: #009900; BORDER-BOTTOM: transparent 1px solid; POSITION: static! important; TEXT-DECORATION: underline! important}.IL_HOVER_STYLE { BORDER-RIGHT: transparent 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: transparent 1px solid; DISPLAY: inline! important; BACKGROUND: 0% 50%; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px! important; BORDER-LEFT: transparent 1px solid; CURSOR: pointer! important; COLOR: #009900; BORDER-BOTTOM: transparent 1px solid; POSITION: static! important; TEXT-DECORATION: underline! important}.IL_LINK_REL { POSITION: relative! important}

[​IMG]

Dear Maa,

Maa, you brought me into this world because you wanted more than anything to experience the God-given Gift, the miracle of creating a new life… you wanted a pretty girl in whom you could instill all the values of life… who would always be your ‘little girl’, a daughter, a friend, a confidante, a shoulder to lean on in your twilight years…

Maa, you taught me all about compassion and caring, honesty and humility, patience and perseverence, trust and tolerance, laughter and love…

Maa, the best lesson you taught me remains ever-fresh in my mind…

I remember that day so many years ago… We sat together side by side, beside a pond. You took some water in your palm and you told me that this water represented LOVE. I looked wonderingly at you and imagined Love to be as pure and clear as the water in your cupped palm. You held the water easily as one would a ball or some other solid object, you said that this Love would be Eternal, it would endure for ever.

You asked me to take some water in my palm too. I did so and closed my fingers around it so that it would not spill out. But try as I might, drops of water slipped down the gaps between my fingers.

Maa, you said, ‘See, if you try to possess Love, you will only succeed in driving it away. Never demand or expect Love from anyone. Love is meant to be shared, given of one’s free will. Shower boundless Love on all beings. It will come back to you in abundance’.

Maa, this invaluable teaching has helped me in many ways. I have learnt not to cling to my loved ones, they are free, they are not bound by the fetters of my love, instead they return to the familial home and hearth to deepen the bonds of love.

Thank you, Maa!

I Love You Maa!

2. Padmasrinivas

Oops! Wrong place to post the link, how can one delete it?

Thanks,
    Padma

3. Padmasrinivas

4. Phoenixritu

Phoenixritu New IL'ite

5. Padmasrinivas

6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear padma,
    a very good one written as usual in impeccable language and style...all the best dear for the contest
    love
    Mindi

7. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Devatman padma,
    You have said it so well, if we love someone we must give them the freedom to fly about. Love is wish to all the best for the loved one even though we may not be a part of their happiness.
    This is why mothers still love their children, even if the children are not reciprocating it. Similarly is the Divine - HE/SHE loves us so much even though we don't always reciprocate.
    Beautifull.
    Jaya

8. Padmasrinivas

Dear dear Mindi,

Thank you my dear friend, for the morale-boosting fb... i had many doubts before going ahead with the entry!

Love,
    Padma

9. Padmasrinivas

Jaya, my Atma-Sodari,

Love in indeed unconditional, true realisation is never to expect love in return..

Maa, the Earthly one as well as the Divine One is unstinting with Her Love...

Thank you, dear Jaya for always putting your finger on the pulse of the topic, my Atma-Sakhi,

Jai Bhavani Maa!

Love,
    Padma

10. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Ma Chere RS,

Great blog. Love of Ma for kids are always so selfless, pure unadulterated and you have written so very beautifully.

Enjoyed your blog RS..

Jai Bhavani Maa!!

Love n BBhs,
    Devs