1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Lunar Eclipse..Is anyone taking any precautions??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sheel, Dec 9, 2011.

1. sheel

sheel Bronze IL'ite

Hi ladies..

SInce there is a lunar eclipse tomorrow in india..Is anyone taking any precaution?

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

In Canada too I was advised not to go out between 8:00 AM (EST) and 11:30 AM. I am not sure if there is a scientific reasoning behind this but out of respect for elders words, I intend NOT to go out during those hours.

3. lochu

lochu Gold IL'ite

Yes MOm told me to drape the blinds and stay indoors from 6 to 7 PM PST tomorrow .Whether I believe it or not I am doing doing it for my Mommy dear .

4. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

I dont really believe in this. DH & I had to attend childbirth class at our hospital in the evening. So went out, and once it was over we went for a movie and then dinner at a restaurant. It all went well.

5. lalli30

lalli30 Senior IL'ite

I think it has an influence on our bodies, definitely!

How can you explain that we get our menstruations on no moon nights / changing moon nights/// that more babies come to the world under such moon... etc....

For my part, I played it safe...Didint cost me much and made DH very relaxed ahahaha ( though he says he s NOT superstitious !) ahahahah

6. mybaby1

mybaby1 Gold IL'ite

i personally dont believe in all this so dont go fr it...

i tell you on incidence.i had by baby last march he had a cleft lip(cut on his lip by birth) everyone who stepped in said that it was becoz of the eclipse i must have walked out or used some knife or sharp thing during that time.while i know that at that time i was sitting with my husband just watching television as suggested by my MIL n my husband is a mamas boy n so i was also made to do that.

when i went to india i met my relative she also had the same cut with her son n she told that when she was 2 mnth her gyne told her that her son was having this cut on lip called cleft lip.at that time her MIL was also with her n this eclipse falled a long after when she was 5 mnth pregnant. and after birth she also got the sam ethings that she must hv gone out or cut something n all that stupid things...

here teling this long story i just wanted to tell that nothing happens of this eclipse its just a natural phenomenon.these all r stone age things when humans were not knowing much abt sun n moon n earth n science...

7. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

I agree with mybaby1.