1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lovely filter coffee made by our Canteen boy

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Oct 10, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Usually South Indians are famous for filter coffee and any one other than south indian coming to a South Indian house will ask for filter coffee.

Earlier they used to fry the coffee seeds and grind it in coffee machine at home only and make filter coffee.

It was surprising that When I was working, we used to get good filter coffee made by our canteen boy who is a christian. We all used to enjoy his coffee very much.

2. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

What a coincidence, Vijimma. Yesterday only drinking Coffee (I use that instant coffee powder, ehat else :(, I was thinking of asking you/CM thread as to how to make filter coffee???? And I am seeing your blog today!!!

Hope you all are having a great time during Navarathri...

3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Yes Viji Akka
    As you go South the coffee tastes excellent. Once en route from Trichy to Kuttralam we had coffee at Rajapalayam. I have never tasted coffee that good as yet.

4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji amma,

Filter coffee is my favorite too. When I was younger, my mom would send me to the coffee podi shop in my neighborhood to buy coffee podi. I would sit and wait while the man grinds and packs it. The aroma used to be sooooo good. Here too I have filter coffee..... nothing beats it!! Thanks for the lovely post.

Akila

5. vaishnavisri

vaishnavisri Senior IL'ite

ya, filter coffee's aroma is unbeatable. the first item in my list from India is coffee powder (planning to buy 5 kgs if my husband permits).

6. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Viji, sorry for the late FB. I was busy visiting Golu's yesterday. Four houses. nice. I call it Madras Coffee. I love Coffee. ( you all know that) We have very fancy coffee machines to make coffee. But everyday, my DH will say it is not like our Chennai coffee. will drink yours when I visit you. Happy coffee Day!!!!!

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kalyani, Kamala, Coffeelover, Vaishnavi and Akila

Thanks for your fb. Will write later individually as I am busy with golu

love
    viji

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kalyani

Thanks for your first fb and sorry for the late reply.
    For filter coffee you require filter in which there are two parts , on the top part at the base there are holes through which the filtered coffee goes in to the second one. On the top you have to put coffee powder and put boiled water also and in the second part the filtered coffee decotion will be there. which you can mix with milk put sugar and have. Hope you have understood. I dont know to explain properly.

love
    viji

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamala

Good to know you get good coffee at Rajapalayam

viji

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Akila

Glad to know that you also love to have filter coffee. You reminded me of the days when I also used to go to the coffee shop to buy coffee powder when we were in Hyderabad
    viji