1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

love is ..............

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by manu2345, Oct 13, 2011.

1. manu2345

manu2345 Junior IL'ite

hi
    What do you think about love?
    just wanted to share some thoughts. nothing much specific.
    in my opinion , we ,as indians have so much problems because our marriages are still arrange marriages.Even if you say, we love our spouses, i do not think it is a honest answer. We are forced to love and for our rest of life we keep repeating to ourselves we love our spouses.
    I think , love is very rare but it is there . I know life is not like bollywood movie. but still .....
    I think those are really lucky who find love right time, right place and right age.
    What do you say?

2. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Manu how do u know what you feel for your spouse is NOT love when you are still figuring out what is love?

1 person likes this.
  3. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

I learned a long time back that love is not a feeling. Some people may disagree but I have really experienced this in my close relationships. Our feelings and emotions are fickle...they can be on a high one moment and you can suddenly hit rock bottom before the day ends.

I believe that love is more an "action". It is a conscious choice to forgive one another for faults, arguments, to love someone when we really don't 'feel' like it, and to remain committed through all the storms of life. Love exists and it is simply wonderful!

Carol

4. rosy786

rosy786 IL Hall of Fame

love is nothing but a feeling that you feels

you are safe with that person..

you can trust him to the most..

you will know he will understand even your unspoken words..

then he is your love

5. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

Dear Manu2345

Please don't think those who had love marriage found real love and they are happy. It doesn't matter its love marriage or arrange marriage. It depends on person how caring he/she is. My husband (then boyfriend) was very very loving and caring in initial years of marriage but it changed with time. He has proved me that love between blood relatives (parents, brother, sister) is only true love. no matter how much caring is wife, how much sacrifice she does its not counted anywhere.

2 people like this.
  6. SSC

SSC Platinum IL'ite

Amazing words those!! Wonderfully written!!

7. sahiba234

sahiba234 New IL'ite

I dont believe that arranged marriage is not love marriage in love marriage u choose ur soulmate and in arrangfed marriage god choose ur soulmate it can be one's badluck that if a guy or a gal turns bad but that is not the case everytime ........what matters is love between two people it doesnt depend what u choose it depends what u get ..and how beautifully u can love it we dont get to choose our parents but they our still our first love so it just a mind set up ...u can find love 1000 times but true love just once

8. beerbal

beerbal Silver IL'ite

Love hurts. Love is risky. Love is painful.

Marriages with profile matches, caste, language, region, horoscope matches after sifting thro' the degrees and potential future growth prospects, good family lineage is actually not love but finding likely "compatible companions". It's possible that they develop some bonding and in some cases love after marriage. They are usually bound by common economic interests and children at the minimum.

On the other hand Love is a huge risk. It doesn't have to be lasting esp the love that was carefully targeted after running thro' desirability filters (beauty/education/earnings/assets/future growth prospects etc.).

Love also can happen between some very incompatible people. Love does not automatically mean that they are compatible companions, IMO. But it's so difficult to walk away from marrying someone for who your heart aches. So the risk and the attendant issues...

1 person likes this.
  9. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Love depends on the oneself.. if one gets married thr is a strong bonding which creates love...If u r a loving person u keep giving love without expecting love from the other..
    one exercise i will tell u is try to stay away from ur hubby, u will surely remember him and keep thinking abt him all the time- this is what love is about
    ur love is always with u and none can take away from u..but one dont have to live with the person who doest love u / care for u..

10. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

love is so much overrated IMO.

3 people like this.