1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love In Our Eyes..

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Jan 2, 2022.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Friends, I am truly beholden to all who sent me their warm greetings for the New Year that has made me a year older. When I was young, I used to consider old age as a big curse. I even wrote a blog on how it would be if we could start ageing on the reverse and getting younger and younger when we reached old age. But the inevitable ageing process has chastened me a lot.

I now realise what a bliss old age is. We are not part of any rat race anymore. I need not do anything to prove my worth anymore. People do not respect me expecting anything from me anymore.
    I often wonder why King Yayathi traded his old age with his son Puru's youth. Did he not get frustrated with his second youth and gave it back to his son?

The dignity of old age is unparalleled. Our mind gets anchored to the finest thoughts ever. We wake up with love in our eyes and go back to sleep with peace in our heart. This is the quintessence of a good life. It has taken me eight decades to realise it.
    Thanks again for your good wishes which I truly cherish

Metamorphic, hrastro, Rihana and 8 others like this.

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

You having love in your eyes when you start the day and peace in your heart before you go to bed is because of your inherent nature and a testament to how your mom raised you. Yes. Not having a competition makes old age feel more peaceful and happier. I am teaching the children to bring that mindset even before they get to 18 so that they can feel it for a prolonged period of time. I am suggesting them to bench mark themselves to the previous years of their lives.

But for the niggles in health which makes somedays a little unpleasant, the mind and heart flourishes when one gets old. We work less on equanimity when we get older is my view. Detachment and lack of desire makes life much easier to live. If I were to be born again, I would beg for the mindset of an old even if my body remains younger.

Metamorphic, hrastro, Mistt and 5 others like this.
  3. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

I can relate to both the above posts very well. Yes, i have never thought of getting older or old age as something to fear and dislike. After i voluntarily resigned from my well paying job with nearly 10 years of service left - my mindset was the same. When I found that my family could run without the additional income , i decided to resign and spend my time doing things i liked and enjoyed, with no regrets to this date.
    As Viswa says, it is the health issues that slowly start showing that makes us to exercise caution and regulate our activities accordingly. It is understandable that when there are major health issues, maintaining a positive and cheerful outlook would be very difficult. We therefore pray for good health to be able to manage ourselves without trouble to others as far as possible.
    Feels good to read positive notes from most seniors here in IL. Heres wishing everybody in IL a very happy, prosperous happy new year.

Mistt, Viswamitra, Rihana and 3 others like this.
  4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir,
    Height of positivity in every situation!!!!! Seeing the bright side of life always instead of grumbling. To have the kind of mindset....we have to learn a lot from you.
    Syamala

joylokhi, Viswamitra and Cheeniya like this.
  5. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Wow! What a lovely state of mind! (Touchwood)
    Uncle, As I said earlier you are a Sthitapragya.
    I want some gyan on this. Is that possible to not to think of wellbeing of our loved ones? Isn't it affect our peace of mind If they are suffering?

6. NOW

NOW Gold IL'ite

This post simply made my day and I may now look forward to mid life bliss (everyone calls it midlife crisis.. lol ) and then old age eventually ..

joylokhi, Viswamitra and Cheeniya like this.