LOVE DOESN'T NEED A REASON....do you agree??

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by ambika ananth, Aug 21, 2005.

1. ambika ananth

ambika ananth Bronze IL'ite

Lady : Why do you like me..? Why do you love me?

Man : I can't tell the reason.. but I really like you..

Lady : You can't even tell me the reason... how can you say you like
    me? How can you say you love me?

Man : I really don't know the reason, but I can prove that I love > you.

Lady : Proof? No! I want you to tell me the reason. My friend's > boyfriend can tell her why he loves her but not you!

Man : Ok..ok!!! Erm... because you are beautiful,

because your voice is sweet,

because you are caring,

because you are loving,

because you are thoughtful,

because of your smile,

because of your every movements.

The lady felt very satisfied with the man's answer. Unfortunately, a few days later, the Lady met with an accident and went into the coma stage . The Guy then placed a letter by her side, and here is the content:

Darling,

Because of your sweet voice that I love you..Now can you talk?No!
    Therefore I cannot love you. Because of your care and concern that I
    like you.. Now that you cannot show them, therefore I cannot love you.
    Because of your smile, because of your every movements that I love
    you..Now can you smile? Now can you move? No, therefore , I cannot love you...

If love needs a reason, like now, there is no reason for me to love you anymore. Does love need a reason? "NO!" Therefore, I still love you............ And love doesn't need a reason

With love always,
    Forever yours.

Relationships are hard to handle......might even seem impossible at times. There will be many fights and many quarrels, many disagreements and many tears..... The easiest thing would be to give up. But if we spent half the energy we use in fighting with eachother, and spend that energy in fighting to keep the relationship strong, then that is LOVE...

Remember, in a relationship, giving up is not the solution ..

Disagreements, fights and quarells will always be there.
    But you must always fight harder to stay together.
    Some fights are truly worth fighting !

1 person likes this.

2. durga

durga New IL'ite

a lovely expression about LOVE!

dear ambika,

your expression of love is as sweet as your name...it shows what a loving person you are...spreading your wings of love to one and all...definetely GOD will give you peace, good health and happiness...

love,
    durga

3. ambika ananth

thanks

Dear Durga

Thanks for your warm wishes. This is from an e-mail I received from a friend and I felt like sharing it with all the members. I see that you are a new member, hope you enjoy this open forum fully. Do contribute your ideas and opinions which I am sure will be inspiring and enjoyable....Welcome to our community of lovely ladies

ambika

4. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

If Love Is Based On Reason It is Not Love!

Dear Ambika,
    I was moved to tears on reading about the love of the man for his wife who was in a vegetable state. Such kind of love, very rare to see, is at par with the love of divine. Only God's love has absolutely no reason. He loves us in spite of the fact that we are ugly inside, we do nasty things, we hurt others - the list is endless.

I was even more moved reading the lines of your distilled wisdom:

"Relationships are hard to handle......might even seem impossible at times. There will be many fights and many quarrels, many disagreements and many tears..... The easiest thing would be to give up. But if we spent half the energy we use in fighting with eachother, and spend that energy in fighting to keep the relationship strong, then that is LOVE... "

Ambika, you normally write poems. And this snippet is a beautiful poem in the form of prose. My suggestion is that you write a poem embedding this wisdom and post it too.

I have a similar incident to share regarding the meaning of mercy. Once I was arguing a very difficult case with the Commissioner Of Income Tax. My client had done everything wrong and the clase looked impossible. So when the Commissioner asked "Sridhar, on what are you basing your arguments?" I did not hesitate to say "Purely on your mercy, Your Honour."
    "Your client does not deserve mercy."
    "Sir, if he deserves mercy and then you show mercy, it is not mercy. It is justice. I am pleading for mercy simply because my client does not deserve justice."
    The Commissioner stared at me for a moment and decided the case in my favour - of course issuing a strict warning to my client.
    This incident I read from Napolean's life where a similar retort was given by the mother of a condemned soldier.

I am sure that the same arguments apply to love also, only with a greater force.
    Thanks a lot for bringing out the most significant and the least understood aspect of love. Only you can do it, Ambika.
    sridhar

5. ambika ananth

Thanks

Dear Sridhar

Your words-

Thanks a lot for bringing out the most significant and the least understood aspect of love. Only you can do it, Ambika

prove beyond any doubt, that you are a born Cheerleader, trying to bring out the best in people by saying appreciative and kind words.
    I have a friend, a doctor, who told me once - " In my work, I sometimes have to tell a hard truth, but I don't do it unless I am absolutely ceratin it's meant in a loving way..". I see that very trait in you...always saying loving words ...and I am sure you are making many friends ...God Bless You !!

one American Philosopher said- THE MASS OF MEN LEAD LIVES OF QUIET DESPERATION-- and the answer to counter that is to have genuine and unconditional love for fellowbeings. Sometimes we delude ourselves into thinking we don't need others' love...and that we don't have enough reason to give love to others...but LOVE BY ITSELF IS A REASON.. a reason for life..a reason to live.
    Thanks
    ambika

Last edited: Aug 31, 2005
  6. swku_2000

swku_2000 New IL'ite

Good story but does this really happen?
    I havent seen anyone having such unconditional love.
    there is always a reason.. even if it a small one...
    any comments?
    swati.

7. ambika ananth

love by itself is a reason

Dear Swathi

I agree that there is always a reason behind love. The significance of this piece is to proclaim that " LOVE BY ITSELF IS A REASON.. a reason for life..a reason to live "

If anything is common and usual, it doesn't merit any mention...only when there is something valuable and rare, it will be noticed and cherished.

Just like in this story, I feel sometimes we love someone or something for reasons not known to ourselves..a purely natural reaction, almost an emotional need sprouting from within..you can never pinpoint and say..YES, this is why I love him/her....a most spontaneous occurance. Blessed are those who experience that...

thanks
    ambika

8. swku_2000

swku_2000 New IL'ite

I completely agree Ambika.

9. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Love....definitely doesnt need a reason and what better way to express it than the beautiful piece you shared with us. Actually true love is beyond all things material, physical .Its a pure internal connection and youve got to be blessed to recieve it though you can always try to give it and the more you give the more you recieve,Its the emotion that reaps rich dividends.

Regards,

Devika

10. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear ambika,
    you are one among the exponent writers here, and your topics of empty nest is still ringing in the meaning for me, and now this love yes, we all know we need to work at love sometime even the death does not allow us to forget the person whom we loved when alive, so this is the some of us still keep working at love untill our own death.

i miss your articles here, they are far and wide but they are there, i know a person like you will have so many things to share would love to have you around here among us, don't think i am malathy or something like that but as a friend i want to read more of your articles, kindly write more here, i really really miss u..regards sunkan