1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love and Only Love!!! (Story) - Chapter 1

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by vidchakra, Jul 4, 2011.

1. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Dear Friends,
    Here is another serial story from me. I hope you like it. :)

Chapter 1 - Childhood friends…

The sun was still rising behind the blue hills of Nilgiris. While many in the beautiful city of Ooty were still asleep, Aanya was already awake. She prepared tea for her parents and went to their bedroom.

“Good Morning Mama, Papa”. She greeted them with her lovely smile.

Aanya was a daughter every parent would like to have. Prakash and his wife Sumathi were blessed parents. Usually parents take care of their children, here it was the other way round. Their daughter took care of them. She did all the work at house and never allowed her mother to do anything.

“Aanya, I have told you many times. This is the age to enjoy dear. You leave all this house work for me.” Sumathi always pestered her daughter.
    “Mama, This is what I love I do. I enjoy house work. “. Aanya said giving tea to her parents.
    “But Aanya…”
    “OK, I have lots of work to do”. Aanya said and left the place.

Aanya had completed her graduation. She now stayed at home most of the time. She hardly ventured out. She was a shy and introvert girl. She had very few friends. She met them once in a while. Her parents were her world now. Her father Prakash owned a tea estate and took care of it. Sumathi was a house wife till her daughter took away all her work from her.

The family was sitting at the dining table eating the Idlis prepared by Aanya.
    “Trrrng Trrrng” rang the bell. As usual Aanya ran to the door. When she was around she wanted to do all the work at home and it included even the work of opening the door.

“Hello uncle”. She greeted the person at the door and called him inside. It was Ram Kumar, their neighbour.
    Aanya immediately gave him hot Idlis she had prepared. There was no way Ram could say NO.

“I have good news” Ram started the conversation.
    “Aman is coming back. I and Meera are so happy.”
    “That’s great news Ram.” Prakash was also very delighted on hearing the news.

Aman was son of Ram and Meera. Ram had his own furniture stores in Ooty. He always wanted his son to take up his business. But Aman had other plans. He wanted to be a software engineer like many of his other friends. Aman was in United States of America for two years to do his MS in Computer Science. He had now completed his studies and had a very good job offer in India. He was coming back to India.

Aman and Aanya were very close friends in childhood. They went to the same school. They played together. As days passed and they grew up they became distant and had different group of friends. Aanya was a very active and extrovert kid. But as she blossomed into a young lady she developed a different personality. She transformed into a quiet and serious person. The eye glasses she wore gave her more serious look. She was different from her other friends and wore very simple dresses. Her friends often advised her about fashion. But she liked to be her plain and simple self.

“Aanya, can you get me some tea?” Ram asked. Aanya readily went inside the kitchen.
    “Prakash, I wanted to discuss something.”
    “Yes Ram. Tell me.”
    “Aman will be shifting to Mumbai as he has a job offer there. We are thinking of getting him married.”
    “Oh, good. Of course, he needs some company. He will be alone or else. You and Meera cannot leave your business and go with him.”
    “Yes, we also have a very good girl in our mind.”
    “Who is it?” Sumathi was also very curious to know.
    “Who else? Our Aanya!!!” came the reply from Ram.

Prakash and Sumathi were speechless for few seconds. They had never thought of their daughter’s marriage till now. Sumathi imagined staying without her daughter and her eyes became moist.

“Ram, To be frank we have not thought about Aanya’s marriage yet.”. Prakash broke the silence.
    “Then think about it. I and Meera already discussed and there can be no better match for Aman than our Aanya. Moreover they know each other since childhood. I know even Aman would say YES”.
    “Ok, We will talk to Aanya about this. Her opinion is very important.” Prakash said in a concerned tone.
    “Of course, I will wait for your response.”
    Aanya served them all tea.
    “Ooty’s best tea!!!” Prakash praised his daughter.
    “World’s best tea!!!” Ram added.

Ram took leave of them. Prakash and Sumathi were engaged in their own thoughts. It was first time they were even thinking about Aanya’s marriage.

Aanya had heard everything from the kitchen. She thought about Aman and blushed. She had hardly spoken to Aman. But she had seen him grow from a kid to a young man. She herself had grown seeing him every day. She remembered the last time she saw him.
    Aman was leaving for US. He was in their house to bid them good bye.

“Bye Uncle and Aunty. I will be seeing you only after two years.” He told them. He then came close to Aanya and put his right hand forward.
    “Bye Aanya. Good luck.” He told her.
    Aanya took few moments to stretch her hands forward. They shook hands. It was first time she felt his touch. She squint her eyes and looked at him.
    “He is very handsome”. She had thought to herself.

Aanya came back to present. She heard her parents discussing something in their bedroom. She was sure it was about her. She stood near the door and tried to listen.

“Aanya is really lucky.” Sumathi was telling her husband.
    “Ram and Meera are such good people. We have been seeing Aman since he was born. Aanya will be very happy with him.”
    “Yes Sumathi, but Aanya will have to go away to Mumbai. How will we stay without her?” Prakash already had tears flowing from his eyes.
    “We have to, if its doing good for our daughter.” Sumathi was trying to act brave.
    “Let us talk to Aanya. She will have to take the final decision.”

Aanya was sitting in her room and lost in thoughts again. She was already dreaming about Aman.
    Aanya was day dreaming about how she will take care of Aman and his house. She will cook all his favourite food and pack him lunch box. In the evenings, she will welcome him home back. She had many plans and ideas on what to do after marriage.

Prakash entered the room and disturbed her dreams.
    “Aanya, Ram had brought Aman’s alliance for you.” He started directly.
    “I heard everything Papa.” Aanya was feeling shy to talk to her father about her marriage.
    “Oh! Then Aanya, think well and let us know decision. You can take your time.”

Aanya was also sad that after her marriage she will have to leave her parents and go. She had never stayed without them. It brought tears in her eyes when she thought about it.

Aanya was in a dilemma. She loved her parents so much and could not imagine leaving them alone.

She was also a young girl with her own dreams. She was at an age when people fall in love easily. She had fallen in love with Aman. She felt she always loved Aman but never realized it. She was now waiting for Aman to return. She wanted to have a glimpse of him as soon as possible.

The day Aman arrived there was a big celebration in Ram’s house. Aanya and her family were also invited. Aanya was bit frightened and at the same time she was eagerly looking forward to meet Aman.

2. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai VC,

I am also eagerly waiting for the next episode my dear.Good character narration and i think Aanya humble and simple sweet child of her parents.

3. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Hi dear vidchakra

Beautiful start vid.....Lovely narration....!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

Waiting to read your next episode ....!!!!!!!!!!!!

My most favourite place is Ooty.....I just love everything about it !!!!!!!!!!

4. vidchakra

Thanks sreema for the first feedback here :)
    I am glad you liked it

5. vidchakra

Hey dearie,
    How are you?
    Glad to see you back.. Missed you

Thanks for dropping by with lovely comments and pic as usual...

6. keethi

keethi Silver IL'ite

Hi dear,

Scenes are running in mind while reading your story . Great reading , looking for the updates :)

7. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Nice start Vidu....good storyline...waiting for the next update

8. vidchakra

Thanks keethi for the lovely comments
    Will take some time for me to post next one...
    :)

9. vidchakra

Hi uma,
    Thanks for coming dear!!!
    Glad you liked it

10. shobna

shobna Bronze IL'ite

Nice start Vidchakra! I like Aanya's character.. :) every parent would love to have a daughter like her...