Lost passport

Discussion in 'Travel' started by srilak, Jan 13, 2008.

1. srilak

srilak Senior IL'ite

One bad thing happened to me yesterday that I lost my passport in a college. After writing my exam in the college I lost my passport accidentally.......I didn' t exactly remember where I lost it.

Do anyone live in San luis obispo, california............So I can take their help?

If it permently lost....What I sould do to get a new passport? Anyone had this bad experience?

Please help.

Thank you
    srilak.

2. srilak

srilak Senior IL'ite

I got the passport after oneday of loosing it with GOD's grace. It was a painful experience and no one could have that.

After loosing my passport, I came to know how importent is that piece of document.

If u loose the passport, the steps u have to take:..........after some research I came to know all.

1)report the incident to police and file FIR.

2) Fill the application forum for new passport.

3)You have to submit your Birth certificate, Degree certificates, driver's licence, work permit or green card while applying.

4)Pay the fee of $125.

5)It will come with in a month or so........if your documents are very good then they will issue passport with in a week to two weeks.

" one importent thing now I like to do is staple my home address in the passport"
    In that way if I looset it, I hope not, somebody can post me.

Regards
    srilak.

3. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

hi Srilak,

Good that u got it back.....It must have been terrible losing it....anyway :party now......

4. Reenae

Reenae Bronze IL'ite

Always keep some spare copies of your passport. This helps in obtaining a new one and keeps your identity until you get the new one. I always take copies, especially when I am travelling abroad.