1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lost and found

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by nandinimithun, Aug 3, 2011.

1. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

As a child I was talkative, chatter box or whatever you call it, well this character of mine still remains with me :)
    I was just 4 years young and was returning with my mom from uncle’s place, my mom would always insist to hold her hand tightly so that I don’t vanish anywhere like an angel... I remember it was raining heavily and unfortunately we did not have umbrella with us, as it was a shower which was unexpected, yes that’s how it was in Bangalore, and i loved it.

My mother was struggling to hold me in one hand and carrying my brother in her arms, she had a tough time managing both of us, the bus stops was filled by people and there was hardly any shelter for us to protect from the rain, luckily we got our bus and my mother urged me to climb first and she will follow after me, I promptly listened to her and did as she told and to my dismay the bus left before my mom could get in with my little brother in her arms.

I did not know where the bus was taking me or what I should be doing, and I did not even know how to get back to mom, I just went and stood next to the driver, I started hitting him for having left my mom and started showing my anger and vengeance on him. A young man in his early twenties seemed to have understood my situation, came to me held me in his arms and told ‘don’t worry baby you will reach your mom I will help you’. Whatever he told didn’t make any sense to me but I could just understand that I would see my mom soon. This young man held me tight in his arms and took me to a nearby police station and both the policeman and this young man had a talk for a while and he wrote something in a paper and came to me and told’ this uncle will help you to reach your mom, don’t worry and he left’.

Soon the police was asking about my whereabouts and my personal details, I remember replying to them very promptly with my hands folded, the way he was asking me questions reminded me of my teacher at school and without my knowledge my hands were folded and I was sitting straight and giving the reply. My mom on the other hand got into an auto and tried to follow me, but since it was raining heavily, a tree lost its balance and it fell in front of my mom’s auto, obstructing her way and she had to wait for a long time either for a bus or an auto to come that way.My mom later called up my dad and informed everything and it since it was impossible for her to move around with my little brother she reached home with lot of worries in her mind and my thoughts in heart and praying to god that i should be safe.

It was easy for the police to get in touch with my dad since he was also in the same department; I heaved a sigh of relief when I saw my dad in the station to take me back home. I just hugged my dad tightly, the police who was helping me told my dad ‘your daughter is really sweet and smart, any kid in this situation would have cried and wouldn’t t have answered to our questions, but your daughter did not cry...

I didn’t understand that he was complimenting me at that tender age, I just smiled and told’ thank you uncle for helping me’. Guess what my dad took me straight to a sweet shop and we bought lot of sweets and left home, I was so happy to see my mom and baby brother, i just just jumped with joy and gave my mom a big tight hug and kissed her like never before. I was re-united with my parents and this was the way I was lost and found :)

2. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Hi Nandini, a small incident brought out in a very nice manner. I am happy that you joined your parents soon. Regards

3. nandinimithun

hi maalti,

Thank u :) ya i did join my parents the same day i was lost but it was my mother who was very worried about me until i reached home wit my father

4. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

goooood narration nandini.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Oh my nandini that experience was simply terrific and scary to even read. I just can only think of how your mother would have felt...at that time.

You were really super smart like kids of these days and that is really great. How lucky you and your parents were...to have lost and found each other...the same day.

Keep sharing more ....goooood narration nandini.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. nandinimithun

hi sunitha,
    thank u for the lovely comment :) ya we were truly lucky to be reunited on the same day i was lost :)
    sure sunitha will share more in d coming days

7. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai Nandi,

Lovely longlasting incidence in your life. You were bold, beautiful and courage enough to handle the situation. Thanks for sharing. I too appreciate your spontaneous action to get united with your parents.

8. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Wow! That was written too nicely , as though happening before my eyes. Thanks for sharing NandhiniMithun. -rgs

9. nandinimithun

hi sree,
    ya ur ryte, that incident will foreva remain in my heart, i myself duno how i spoke so much with the police and answered everything :)

Hi Rgs,
    Thank u 4 d comment, finally the wonderful story teller has commented for my post :)

10. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Hai Nandini,

What a terriffic experience you had during your childhood.. thank god there was a good person to help you....lastly happily united with family. A good blog..

Shanti