1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lost and Found!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by vidchakra, Apr 26, 2011.

1. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Mohan opened the cupboard for the tenth time to search for his watch. He cursed himself.

He thought "How can I be so careless? How can he lose his favorite posession?"

It was the first gift presented to him by Priya. She will be very sad when she knows that he lost it.

The door bell rang and when he opened the door he saw Priya with her evergreen smile.

"Hi Mohan, How was your day?"
    Mohan gave a fake smile "Quite good.. How did your day go today?"

Priya started talking about her day at work. Mohan was lost in his own thoughts. He didnt talk to Priya about his lost watch. He didnt want to break her heart.

Mohan could not sleep at night. He woke up and searched for the watch again. And this time he lost all hope of finding it. He came up with an idea. He thought he will buy a similar watch and will not tell Priya anything about losing it.

The next day he went shopping for the watch. He finally found it after visiting five shops. He was planning to keep the watch in the usual place as soon as he reached home. And Priya will never realize that he had lost it.

When he reached home that day he saw that Priya was already at home. She was cooking in the kitchen.

He immediately went to the bedroom and placed the watch in the usual place.

Later when he was looking for a book on the study table, guess what did he see. He saw the watch he thought he lost. His face lit up with pure joy. He was so glad to have found it. No matter he bought a new watch. He placed the original watch in almirah and hid the new one in his bag.

Mohan had a peaceful sleep that night.

The next morning when he was in bathroom, he saw something glittering in the shelf. When he looked up to see what it is, he was surprised. It was his watch. He was totally confused now. He pulled out all the three watches and stood in front of Priya.

When Priya saw three similar watches in his hand, she could not control her laughter.
    "Mohan, I noticed that something was bothering you past couple of days. I saw you searching for something in almirah in middle of night and next day when I didnt see watch in your hand, I realized that you must have lost it. I knew you were very hurt. So I bought a similar watch and placed it on the study table."

"Oh Priya, I didnt tell you because I didnt want to upset you. So I got a new watch. And now I realize that I never lost the watch. I had kept it in the bathroom and forgotten."

Both Mohan and Priya had a hearty laugh.

2. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Dear vidu..

Wow! that was a beautiful story that brought out the unfathomable love between an understanding couple:)

[​IMG]

In addition to the 3 watches..here's the 4th one!!!!

Great post..keep it up

Saras

3. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

The way you narrated the whole story was excellent !!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

"To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides." - David Viscott

4. vidchakra

Thank you Saras, for your comments the beautiful watch.:)

5. vidchakra

Thanks sunitha for your lovely feedback!!!

6. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

That was a good one - crisp and clear and conveyed the intent clean. Nice to read Vidchakra. Thanks. -rgs

7. vidchakra

Thanks rgs for your wonderful feedback!!!

8. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Wonderful one...

9. vidchakra

Thanks uma!!!

10. shobna

shobna Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vidchakra,
    a similar incident happened to me 2 days back. I thought I had lost the watch my husband gifted me...I was very upset and couldn't find it anywhere...Finally my husband found it on the top shelf of the bathroom, i guess i had kept it there and forgotten..I was so relieved and happy when he showed it to me. Thanks for a nice write up!