Looking for job on H1b-Your experiences,suggetions

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by rajithav, Mar 8, 2007.

1. rajithav

rajithav New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I just joined this site. It was very interesting.
    I got h1b last year and looking for a job in software field. I have posted my resume in dice last week. I didn't get calls yet. I just started this thread to share my experiences on job searching and also wanted to know your experiences, (how you are preparing for the interviews) who already got the job, or who are in h1 now and looking for a job.
    thanks,
    Rajitha.

2. naafiyaparvez

naafiyaparvez New IL'ite

Hi Rajitha

This is Naafiya, the newest memer on the site.......i suggest craigslist.com for ur search ..its really helpful..try ur luck.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2007
  3. Venonimiss

Venonimiss Bronze IL'ite

Hey Rajitha, I have friends who have been in the same boat as u till last week. After many efforts, we found positions for 3 of them in different places in US. Yes, Dice and Craigslists are good. Try Hot gigs also. My advice to you is to work with your consultant, because consultants work with many companies and pay hundreds of bucks for different recriuting and job finding websites every month. If your consultant is not working for you, then you should go search on your own. Here is the email for the company if you want to try - jobs@sgb-group.com. They may place you and give you a good rate also. Check it out and Good Luck!:wave

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2007
  4. anushkrishna

anushkrishna New IL'ite

haii rajitha,
    i am anusha hariharan from san gabriel CA. how do u got ur h1b through any sponsering company. if so can u plse foward me the companies id and their details

5. Venonimiss

Venonimiss Bronze IL'ite

Hi, I think the email to this company is jobs@sgb-group.com. They can give you all the info. Very informative and helpful.

6. anushkrishna

anushkrishna New IL'ite

haiii siri
    what is this sgb company into r thy a consulting comapny?if so whtr it is reliable?.have u know anyboody who has got job through this company.?
    sorry to ask u so many queries.as i am eager to know before taking a step ahead