1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for job in H4 status : Expert opinions needed

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by indira, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Hi everybody,

I can certainly understand the frustrations of wives on H4 - I too was one. It is hard to come here and sit around at home while the most productive years (career wise) are wasted waiting for a green card. However the legal implications of working on H4 are pretty serious and can impair your / your husband's green card app. Even if you work without pay, if it is a job that normally would pay a salary, it is illegal. I'm not sure about converting to F1 visa as that is a non immigrant visa so if you file for a green card it may cause problems. I would recommend looking outside the IT sector - my background is in marketing and a credit union sponsored a H1 visa for me. Lots of companies other than IT companies sponsor for H1 and it may be easier to get into one of these companies rather than IT. Also the chances of getting the visa approved may be better. So far I have not had any problems in visa approvals or in the green card process (touchwood).

all the best,

Mythraeyi

2. vidyab123

vidyab123 New IL'ite

Re: Ways to work as H4

--------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, same here. If anybody knows about the H4 jobs please share the information.

3. nini82

nini82 Senior IL'ite

Hi All!
    Same with me.let me know how can i find job on H4 visa!

Cheers!
    NiNi

4. 219Madhu

219Madhu New IL'ite

Hi,

Thanx for loking into this thread.i am also in the same boat like in H4 visa.seeking to do something.If anybody give sujjestions that will be help.

Thanx.

5. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

hi all

we r all sailing in the same boat....

its very boring in home being lonely without doing anything. only cooking cooking.....

actuallly speakig this is a mind breaking job:confused:

pl hepl me also to overcome this situation:bang

regards:wave

6. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

hi jayashrerajan

am a new member of this forrm, joined yesterday....:wave

i hav also come in H4

r u doing volunteer services ? if so pl give me some contacts. Am quite interested. Am in pittsburgh...

awaiting reply!!:)

warm regards

7. deepshikha

deepshikha Senior IL'ite

Yes please someone suggest some ways to start working. I have heard that some stores employ people on H4 ? is it true? I know that cash payment leads to exploitation is it worth the risk? Please someone guige . I'm here for 8 months now and desperately want to get out and work and earn my own bucks. :bang

8. CharuKaur

CharuKaur Senior IL'ite

Hi ladies

working for an Indian job and earning in INR while on H4 is legal.
    However, convincing your employer is the real hassle here :thumbsdown

i have been on H4 for the last 6 months. though i enjoyed the laziness and liberties of being at home initially; now it gets quite boring and dull...
    am thinking of studying for a certification or something like that.. any more ideas of productively utilising this time out??

:redface:
    Charu..

9. puneeta

puneeta New IL'ite

hi everyone

i have joined today this site... i am mca and in us i am on h4 visa... i want to do some work in india i have 2 yrs exp in graphic designer and i have 2 yrs exp in software testing.... can anybody tell me any work from home

thanks
    puneeta

10. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

This is a problem every wife who comes on H4 faces.
    We r all well employed back home and here we stay at home whole day.
    But coming to working on H4,it is illegal,Period.There is on other point on this.
    But if u still want to work,this is what u can do.There r stores like indian groceries,Dunkin doughts,subway etc.If these r owned by indians than u can contact the owners and they may employ u.The average payment maybe around $7 per hr.
    My husband has a friend & that friend's wife is on H4 and she used to work for a Subway.The owner of that subway was a gujrati person.So he employed her and used to get $7 per hr.
    But come to think of the outcomes,if any person who knows u comes to the store u r working & they spread to others in a cheap way "hey such & such's wife is working at the indian groceries billing man!!",it will look cheap for ur husband.That is the reason I didnt accept the Subway job.(1 more reason being I am a veg).
    But the place where we stay now has no indians & the people here r too broad minded.So here I am ready to work in DD,but nobody is ready to give me a job like indians without a permit.So back to square one,I dont have a job yet:redface:.
    Hope my posts helps atleast some of u.
    suji