1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Look At This Strange Number ..!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by MULLAI62, Dec 8, 2020.

1. MULLAI62

MULLAI62 Platinum IL'ite

The number 2520》 looks like a normal number like other numbers, but it is not like that. It is a strange number and is rarely found between numbers and has puzzled mathematics geniuses to this day .. !!
    The strange thing is that it is divisible by numbers from 1 to 10, whether these numbers are odd or even !!
    It is known that it is difficult or even impossible to find a number that does that !!
    And when we say the division is accepted, we mean without any fractions remaining after the division process ... !!

* Follow the practical application:

2520 ÷ 1 = 2520
    2520 ÷ 2 = 1260
    2520 ÷ 3 = 840
    2520 ÷ 4 = 630
    2520 ÷ 5 = 504
    2520 ÷ 6 = 420
    2520 ÷ 7 = 360
    2520 ÷ 8 = 315
    2520 ÷ 9 = 280
    2520 ÷ 10 = 252

And after mathematicians were confused about finding a convincing mathematical relationship that would make one number divisible in this strange way, they discovered that this number is the product of the numbers: 《7 x 30 x 12》 that may appear at first glance to be random numbers, but it is not !!
    So the surprise that made them more confused than their first was that this number 2520 is a multiplication:
    Days of the week 7 x days of the month 30 x months of the year 12.

umaakumar and Thyagarajan like this.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:That is nice. You love mathematics & number theory in particular. Thanks for your post that lead me to quora Where I found lots of information about 2520.
    The number is product of days in week, days in month & days in months in a year. Great.
    The middle of this “secret number” contains number 52 represents week in a year. This is my discovery about to be patented!

In ancient days Greeks had given 360 days to a year. 360 divides the above secret number exactly by seven which is again number of days in a week. Why secret is associated with this number is not clear. One may call it magic number as we do for 9.

As a corollary one can examine for any such magic number by taking products whose products are elements of numbers forming dates of Ekadasi , Ammavasya, full moon, blue moon, moonrampirai, et al.

A student of tuition once orally asked me the highest power in the expansion of (x-a) (x-b)(x-c).........(x-z). I said twenty six. He delightedly said I was wrong. Op might know why!
    Thanks and Regards.