1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Long weekend ....:( what do u do?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Anamika99, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Anamika99

Anamika99 Gold IL'ite

So long weekend is here....

I dread the time at home....we are always together...when i m cooking she comes.
    we eat together....when i m cleaning kitchen she does small things around and be with me...

Then either a couple of hrs of break from them again when she has taken rest she is just aroun, if i want to do extra work, i do not because i do not want her to hang over me and keep givign suggestion,.,...

If i play with my son, she comes around tell how to teach the game....

if we go out, mostly we go all..or always....if we go alone...has to prep lots of things even if she says i do not have to else drama after that,

If i try sending them (because i so want to be alone in the house)...won;t go without me...and if she goes, she wonders and asks what i did

if i m stay in my room..."what were u doing?"

those questions are not meant for like why were u stuck there but like i find it so annoying that she needs to have accounting of my hrs and she wants to knwo even if i was just chiiling....

i hate geez long weekend...what do u do?

seeing those faces for all day kills me

2. Shina

Shina Gold IL'ite

Give them something more interesting to do so their focus is not so much on u all the time . get them hooked to indian serials , some interesting stage plays in regional languages are also now available on cds and u always have religious ones like Mahadev , ramayana and Mahabharata. Some of this saas bahu serials are quite addictive and gripping. Gets them focussing on virtual DILs :). Let them get busy skyping with other relatives if that is an option. I guess it is easier to give options and easier said than done but my two cents anyway. always welcome to come here and vent as well.Good luck.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Anamika, this is a pretty sad situation. Most parents understand that their kids need at least a little bit of alone time. How do your in-laws spend time in India?
    Can you just go out with your son for a few hours? Don't tell them in advance, just matter-of-factly announce and leave.
    It is not the same as being left in peace at home, but at least you will get a small break.

4. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

Today i had a fight with dh abt this only!! How will i handle his mom wn she cms to stay with us n hovers over me all the tym!! :bang
    Im going to kill myself!! :drowning

5. oohlala

oohlala Senior IL'ite

I feel for you ladies. Every woman deserves alone time in her own home. Mil feel as if it is their home and take over, yet we never do the same when we go to their homes.
    OP, you should try to make habit of time when you, your dh, and your child go out ALONE on the weekend and your dh should speak up and say something. Mil does not need to accompany you everywhere. Long weekend is time to enjoy and not be stuck with mil. Good luck!