1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Long Married Couples Look Somewhat Alike ?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Hopikrishnan, Dec 10, 2020.

1. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Yes, I also have heard such comments about me and H.one of nature's amazing laws....and yes...we (I) do fightl like siblings but ..he like like the affectionate eldest bro and me as the youngest spoilt brat sis...:argue:!

deepthyanoop and Hopikrishnan like this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Hopikrishnan

A very interesting discussion point. Facial resemblance is a question of judgment to the human eyes and even facial recognition algorithm is subject to the parameters set in the program. But I have heard in real life, many wondering how a husband and wife could look similar to each other after seeing an older couple. I am poor in facial recognition and hence didn't find any couple who look similar to each other so far. Perhaps, it is because my mind is already conditioned to assume no husband and wife could look alike.

However, I have watched the traits changing for the couples over a period of time due to their prolonged companionship. In some situations, the wife behaves more like the husband and in other situations, the husband changes his character more like his wife. There is an interpretation even in Mahabharatha that both Draupathi and Udhistra changed themselves more towards the qualities of each other. Draupadi became extremely righteous unaffected by the evil actions of Gauravas while Udhistra became more vengeful to settle score with the cousins for the humiliation encountered by his wife. A question may come why she didn't emulate the other four husbands or why the other four husbands didn't practice the qualities of Draupadi? One's traits should have considerable influence for someone to emulate those traits.