1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Long awaited wish fulfilled

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Arunarc, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello SSC hope you will come to this thread. As mentioned inhttp://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...tion/152435-how-i-graduated-maruti-800-a.html thread I have fulfilled it.:biggrin2:

This time I celebrated Dasera in my native place Ranebennurnearly after more than 25 years. When we were young we all use to gather hereand have great fun for 10 days. During my Grandfather’s time we use to be underone roof more than 60 to 70 members. But now all have separated but stillduring festival days we all visit each other’s place.

Dasera is celebrated with great pomp and show. I use toalways speak about this to my son and he too was tempted to see thiscelebration. On Astami day we both went to my native place.

On Astami day we visited all my uncles houses, had niceyummy food. My son was like mummy how much we have to eat. Then I had to tellhim it is not necessary that we need to eat everything that is there just fortaste we can have little bit of everything.
    Ok this is not the most awaited wish……Harhar

My wish that was fulfilled is that I always visited mynative place for some function or the other. I could stay there for a day orso. During this time I just couldn’t gether. She would be loaded and by the time she gets unloaded it could be late forme. Sometimes she will be gone for delivery or something or the other reason Ijust couldn’t get on her.

This time she arrived on Vijaydashami day, but was fullyloaded. I told my nephews to unload her first thing in the morning. :) So next day early morning my nephew asked thedriver to take her to the factory and unload her.
    So sweet of him that they took her to the factory forunloading. It took nearly 3 hours to unload her. As soon as it was done mynephew called me to come to the factory to drive her. Myself, 3 or my othernephews and my son we all went to the factory fully excited and LOL the truckwas ready for me to drive. I drew it in the factory campus itself.

My god what an experience it was. I was so excited, 1[SUP]st[/SUP]time in my life I drew a truck. I am the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] person in my entirefamily of more than 100 members. 1[SUP]st[/SUP] and 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] are my 2nephews. Even my cousin bros did not drive it. ;-)

It was a wonderful experience. You feel like you are on topof the world sitting so high on the truck. Only thing that was difficult was tochange the gears which was very hard. Whenever I wanted to change the gears Iwould tell my nephew to do it. To change gear you need both your hands and thatI couldn’t do it while driving.

From such a long time I was waiting for this opportunity atlast I have done it. I was so happy on that day I almost told everyone in thehouse. One of my cousin wouldn’t believe it, had to show him the video. Good Igot a video done as a proof.
    Underneath is the truck that I drew. I couldn't upload the video let me see if possible later.
    This is the most wildest dream that I got an opportunity to fulfil. :lol:

Here me inside the truck http://www.indusladies.com/forums/album.php?albumid=3902

Hear is the video link https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201325200265939

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
    21 people like this.

2. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Kudos to you Aruna, for your bravery! I wish you from the bottom of my heart, as I can't even drive a two wheeler yet and afraid to drive one even now. -rgs

2 people like this.
  3. Arunarc

Dear Srinivasan

Once you start driving fear will vanish away. Two wheeler I had started before 10th class itself. So at this age I must try a truck...haha
    Thank you for being the 1st one here.

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Aruna, you know what I feel like doing? Giving you a big hug and jumping all round! Imagine, driving a truck!!!!! What fun! I think I am more excited than you. :biggrin2: Here I am still struggling with a piddly car and you have graduated to the next stage. That's it gal. :thumbsup

2 people like this.
  5. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Wow that was great A'

You are right driving the truck is easier than driving the fear :)

3 people like this.
  6. GoldenMist

GoldenMist Silver IL'ite

7. peet1983

peet1983 Silver IL'ite

wow, you have done an amzing taks tht too on Navistar..Great!!

I was just imaging the scene your nephew is not with you and you changing the gear with your two hands while driving :) lol

1 person likes this.
  8. Arunarc

Dear Satchi

Thank you so much for enjoying with me....hehehe I too was jumping around after driving:biggrin2:
    I have added the video you can watch it. I had sent the video to you on Whatsupp too.

1 person likes this.
  9. Arunarc

Dear GG

If there was fear wouldn't have sat behind the wheels too....hehehe

You can watch the video I have added in the above post.

1 person likes this.
  10. Arunarc

Thank you GoldenMist for stepping into here.....