List out your fav eating joints in Bangalore

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Bangalore' started by hemchi, May 14, 2008.

1. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

Can I revive this thread?
    We can add to the list of nice food joints.

My favourites:
    Little Italy - Veg Italian Food, Indiranagar 100ft road
    Flambe - Cool flambes and sizzlers, Near Iblur Sarjapur road Junction.
    Chung Wah - Chineese, Koramangala near HDFC Bank

2. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi Bangalore,

We were in Bangalore for Five years, i moved to bangalore after my marriage and i consider it to be the Best place for Food lovers. Though we being vegeterians and prefer only veg restaurants ..... we had such a gala time eating out.

I miss allthose eating outs in US, and i have my own list to visit when i visit Bangalore next time.....

my fav are:-

1. Brindavan MG Road.... i like their Lunch...Simple spread, affordable price and clean Ambience. Nothing very Hi-fi about it... but love that place. Also their Rava Dosa and that spicy kurma is very tasty in the evenings.

2. Kamat - Majestic Wow i like their North Kanara Food.... We have been there many days and weekends and ending comming back home totally stuffed.

3. There is one chat house near that Sukhsagar(majestic station)...its in the small lanes ... don't remember the name... u get Excellent Chats and Gujurati Farsan and Papdi there with Green chillie chutney... wow i m drolling.

4. Pai Comforts....Jayanagar, There Buffet is so very good.... Though little expensive... but very tasty and good Ambienece too.

5. Krishna Cafe- Koramangla.... wow there Tiffins are really very nice and very homely food. My husband likes their meals too but i will vouch for their evening tiffins.

6. Kranti Sweets... Indiranagar for there Parathas and Panipuris....Panipuri is real yummy there.

7. AnnaPoorna..Cambridge Layout(Ulsoor) very good homely Southindian Food .... but little Pricey and qty is less.

i will update more as i recollect.... very intresting thread, have got good new options too....

vaidehi

3. ranjoose

ranjoose Bronze IL'ite

Reading this thread has made me soooo hungry..Im missing Bangalore so much..
    My favourite places are-
    Gramin- Koramangala
    Upahara Darshini- Gandibazar
    Halli Thindi- Bull temple road

There is this place near BMS college for women where you get awesome bajji,bonda vade etc in the evenings..yummmmm and this bhel puri gaadi behind bmscw..ahhh the tomato chat is soo yummm..

And Poonam Sweets in BSK BDA complex- samosas and hot jalebis...

Im craving for these now..

4. hemchi

hemchi Silver IL'ite

Thanks Syama for reviving this thread!!! I actually wanted to come here and post a few updates!
    I like another snack joint... this is in Wilson garden. I guess its a total eating joint. Hotel Janata is good there....good masala dosas.
    We had recently been to a restaurant called 'Thames' near Jayanagar 5th block. [near the Bairsta where we recently had our Ilites meet]...I just loved this place. They have a good ambience...and evenings they make it a dimly lit place...and the outside glass has water flowing on it....which gives a total feeling as if its raining outside and you are having a candle light dinner. The taste was also good. Although it was a multicusine....we tasted only the North Indian food...we being veggies!

Ranjoose: My heart goes out to you....I can very well understand your cravings for all these food. Wish we could help you in anyway! Take care and all the very best. Do you plan to have your delivery in Bangalore...if you have such plans, let me know...will arrange a meetup here to treat you!!!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  5. Bujji

Bujji Bronze IL'ite

I love so many restaurants in Bangalore and here are few which made me glutton.

Krishna Cafe, Koramangla
    Mushroom, Koramangla
    Chandni Chowk, Koramangla
    Angeethi (BJN Group), MG Road
    Adyar Ananda Bavan
    Bay Leaf, Raheja Arcade

Too good food !! :))

6. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

Oooh Bujji! Wow Chandini Chowk, mmm I love that place too. I also like their branch in Mahadevapura called Jalsa. Its Mughal food there..

7. manjulapathy

manjulapathy Senior IL'ite

Hey! bangalore ILItes!!!:hiya
    I am also giving few places to eat
    Angeeti in Church street
    Hotel Samarkand in Infantry Road,
    Foodcamp in Malleswaram,
    Adigas in malleswaram
    Why dont you all plan one more meet??? I am new ILite and would like to meet you all!:cheers
    Manjulapathy

8. shaliniranjith

shaliniranjith New IL'ite

few good one's

Hi ILites,

:-( :shock: :confused2:....no new post in this thread for soooooooooooo many days.

Let me add my list.I like buffets and my favourite places for buffets are

Cafe Masala(BJN Group)- EVA Mall
    Barbeque -JP Nagar,Koramangla(service is very good)
    The Nawab(The Solitaire group) - Crescent Road.

Than you have to visit Kudla(Ramanashree Group),you have to taste neer dosa,crabs and chicken ghee roast here.they are .....:hatsoff.

when ever we have gusets,MTR is a must visit for us .Now maiyas in jayanagar.

VV Puram is awesome,chilli american corn,idli,dosa,chilli bajji,gulcand.....the list never ends.Apart from food the place amazes me a lot, a small street,yet the business done there exceeds many fine restaurants.

Waiting for some more lists from you guys...

9. CLakshmi

CLakshmi New IL'ite

Hi,

We have been to so many restaurants in Bangalore. But these are my Favorites.

1. Serengeti - Madiwala Total Mall - Ambience is very nice
    2. Infinitea - Cunningam Road - You can enjoy the real taste of Tea and Pastas
    3. Samarkand - Infantry Road - Afghan Style
    4. Barbeque Nation - Indira Nagar
    5. Catch Marine - Indira Nagar

Cheers!!!
    Lakshmi

10. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Hello all,
    Just wanted to share my 2 cents!!
    Krishna cafe- Kormangala - excellent lunch - we ordere food for our guests who came for our gruha pravesham.....everybody still remember its taste.

Godavarai - kormangala - again excellent lunch ....used to go there on every weekend with a batch of freinds.

Nandini - Indira nagar - superb starters........Nandini is alltime food joint for me.
    There is another restaurant on the way to Jayanagar 4th block........a big veg restaurant.....I forgot the name..............its always very good!!!