1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

liquid eye liner

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by Traveller, May 25, 2010.

1. parvathysamboo

parvathysamboo New IL'ite

hey i have been using Eliteen eye liner for quite a few years it doesnot smudge or even when u cut onions it does not comeoff i am please with that
    u may try.
    parvathy

2. reena007

reena007 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies...I have been reading this thread..
    To tell you a fact my sister in India had irritation with the liquid eyeliners and she ignored it and went to the doc after couple of days only...the irritation caused her one eye to shrink slightly and she has to use flutivate ointment which i beleive has steriods in it..she has had to stop using any eye make since past 4 yrs....
    My suggestion would be to use herbal based products only...I personally liked Shahnaz Hussains kohl ie kajal stick..i recently found an identical one by biotique...
    I would emphasize the use of eye make up removers...please clean ur eyes with eye make up removers only....especially before u sleep...keep it next to ur tooth brush so u wont forget...I am US and I can tell you I found NO.7 eye make up remover the best..it is oil and water both....in fact for those who can afford to are not able to buy they can actually mix little baby oil with few drops of water and apply on the eyes and then wipe off eyeliners with damp sterilized cotton only...pls dont use cotton other than medicated....u will be surprised about how the cotton waste from hospitals is bleached and bleached and sold in the market again!!pls promote use of medicated cotton, dont buy those cheap cotton ear buds from the street.....pls pls tell ur parents grandparents everyone...
    coming to eye liners...we can choose kohl or liquid based on the weather...if it is windy and warm use kolh stick and if it is cold one may use liquid ...the weather can actually help the kolh spread or not...so we can use the products accordingly...

sorry guys wrote a lot....I am a beautician and cosmetologist...not practising right now thouh:coffee

3. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    Informative thread. I am using eye liner pencil and it is good. It stays long. I want to give it a try to maybelline. If I go for the liquid eye liner
    how long I can use the product? Because I am not using it on daily basis!
    Can I use it for 1 or 2 years?

4. hamsadhvani

hamsadhvani Junior IL'ite

Hi why don't you try shanaz hussain's kajal stick or himalays herbal kajal sick. I am using it and feel very comfortable.

5. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Hi Reena,

Thanks a lot for giving so much of info. Yeah read about these cottons being reused...was quite scary.

Being a beautician & cosmetologist I think you can help us with our day to day doubts on make up and care, if it is not a bother. What do you say?

I do use a cleanisng milk to remove eye makeup. Is it safe?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  6. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vidhya,

You can defintely use for mre than a year but later to that kindly check the quality of the same before using.

7. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Reena,

Thanks for the inputs.I use Biotique Almond Oil cleanser to remove eye makeup!

8. chaaral

chaaral Silver IL'ite

Even i used to use lakme liquid eyeliner, once i started contact lenses the lady in my doc office suggested not to use it. so then i switched over to revlon color stay pencil eyeliners and they are good for the whole day.
    i even use the pencil for lower rim and i dont have any irritation.

9. shaluhr

shaluhr New IL'ite

Hi Latha,

You get a gell based eye liner from Maybelline try that it is too gud. it does not spread. if it works pls do let me know.

regards
    Shalini

10. 1janavi

1janavi Bronze IL'ite

Shahnaz hussain came into beauty business with her famous kajal.Its herbal and yes it does smudge but keeps your eyes cool.You can try brown kajal instead of black to keep it light.