Lips Pouting Too Much

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by varunarai12, Oct 2, 2016.

1. varunarai12

varunarai12 New IL'ite

I have this strange problem with my lips because of which I faced lot of problems.

Without my intervention, my lips tend to pout a lot and not in a good sense. I have noticed this only recently and I found that it is not good. They tend to pout as if I am asking someone to kiss me. Believe me, the moment I found it out, I felt so embarrassed. And utterly sad.

Also, it is kind of genetic. After a lot of thought, I could recollect that one of my mom's sis and my maternal grandma also had the same problem. While we are talking, the lips are in normal position just like others. But, when we are engrossed in some work, these lips tend to pout themselves. I have no idea how many times I might have pouted my lips in my office, while travelling etc etc. All these thoughts make me more sad and I cry a lot because of this.

Now that I am a little out of the crying stage, I want to rectify this. Consulting a doctor? Yes. But, in the meanwhile, can someone suggest me how do I solve this problem?

N.B : I am using the word pout because I have no idea what other verb can be used here.

2. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

ROFL! Nancy Drew and the case of the pouting lips :thumbup:

3. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

Hoping you are not a troll.

Could be tics. I have seen children having it involuntarily, not sure about adults. As and when you are aware of your 'pout' try and stop in the meanwhile?!

4. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Hi @varunarai12
    Like you said, even I have this problem if you call it a problem.....
    The reason is the reduced anterior lower facial height. I mean from the tip of the nose to highest point on the chin, if the height is more then there won't be folding of upper and lower lips or " pouting" . This happens due to genetics. You can try orthodontic treatment if you are really concerned so much or if curling of lips is too much.
    I am a dentist myself and am really not bothered. Most of the times I have seen my photos where I am unknowingly " over closing " leading to curling of lips or ' pout'.
    People who know you, would know your intentions. So, don't be too much bothered ..... Or just try a consultation with orthodontist.
    Regards.
    Cliona

Sparkle and Itsmeish like this.
  5. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

Nice!

cliona likes this.
  6. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

Hey op, I don't know the actual solution to your problem but just want to tell you one thing. People around us get used to our looks after a while since they see us more often than we see ourselves . For eg, I have problem of excessive facial hair and acne, . Sometimes my face is more clearer , sometimes it's a mess. But When I mention this to my colleagues and friends , they do not perceive a big difference . But when I analyse in the mirror I tend to magnify everything . Don't feel down, research facial exercises which can help

cliona and Sparkle like this.
  7. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Just a suggestion. Does having anything in mouth like a chewing gum help?

Sparkle likes this.
  8. maddysweet

maddysweet Silver IL'ite

You are imagining too much. No one will think that you are asking to kiss . :roflmao:

cliona likes this.