1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lip stick & lip brush

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by AnithaPartha, Jan 26, 2010.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Ladies,

Am more interested towards lipstick. Have few questions for lipstick experts :) here..

1. When to change lipsticks? I have many old ones with me(2yrs old). Is there any expiry date for lipsticks also? Is it good for lips to use oldones?

2. How to choose colour of lipstick.. I hate very dark and very light colour ones

3. Lip brush - where to get? is it online?

2. cissyboo

cissyboo Silver IL'ite

1-Two years old lipstick is likely no longer good. It is probably dried out and hard, and full of bacteria (particularly if you put it directly on the lips). 12 to 18 months is about as long as a lipstick is good for. If the lipstick smells off-throw it out immediately.
    3- Lip brushes should be available at any good druggist. They usually are retractable, and are fairly small. Online, Sephora has them, as does Sally Beauty. Walmart and Target stock them, too.
    Your second point-colour-is very subjective. I like browns and mauves, but my sister (with my same colouring) prefers reds and plums. Some makeup lines have color selectors on line, where you put in your colouring and it picks "good" colours for your skin tone. You can go to a department store and check out the colours, but don't get pushed into buying something you dislike.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  3. Manaswini08

Manaswini08 Bronze IL'ite

I change my lipsticks every year. But I usually use them up before the year is through though :) The fear is that bacteria may set in more than anything. If you're using a lip brush you have less chance of that happening but still a risk is always there. Plus, old lipstick may dry out your lips rather than moisturizing them.

My best advise came from a lady at the makeup counter at Macy's...no kidding!!! She tried some different shades and found that with my skin tone certain colors were best. Don't buy anything at that time....instead ask them for a sample so you can try it out for a couple of days. Most likely they will oblige. Same thing with blush and foundation. Este Lauder is good at giving samples.

You can get a lip brush at any store, basically. Walmart is the least expensive so try there first. It may come in sets of different sizes.

4. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame