1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life's most piquant situations!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Aug 19, 2007.

1. So Sure

So Sure Senior IL'ite

hi Chinna aiah,
    my two cents..
    When you sit down to eat, after cooking for 2 hrs and feeding the whole family, the little one wants to go to the restroom. Put the loaded plate down and help her on to the toilet seat and wait... wait... wait..! Hubby comes along and says he will take care of the little one. Give him a big hug, go back and start eating the lunch. Half way thru the lunch, you hear "Mom, I'm done!!". You lookout for hubby and he is on an "urgent call from his client" with his ear stuck to his cell phone, puts on a pleading face and murmurs " can you take care of her? please! " GGrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :mad:

When you are in a hurry, printing a boarding pass at home to save time at air-port check-in, the printer is disconnected. Ok, now connect the printer and print, the printer has no paper. Open a new bundle of paper and load, it gets jammed. Clear the jammed paper and print, the ink is so light you can hardly see the bar code! Search for an ink cartridge or stand in the Check-in line? :bangcomp:

Regards,
    Sharada

2. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sir,
    This is a great thread ! I I have countless number of such incidences where Murphy's law has played it's role in my life :evil: 2 of them for now ...
    When i got married and my SIL was visiting me for the first time, I wanted to show off my culinary skills and decided to make stuffed capsicum and grilled chicken in the Microwave. All preps done and it's time now to switch on the MW. POWER WENT OFF :mad: It never happpened when I made all these things for me and hubby :idontgetit: All my dreams were shattered !!!!
    What about this one... I am at home alone, nothing to do and getting bored and there is no other option but to watch TV and DAMN!!! the cable connection is cut. This one happens with me everytime with no exception!
    WHY GOD WHY ME :bang

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathy
    I could easily make out from your writing that you were narrating a real incident. There cant be so much agitation if you are just spinning a yarn!
    Secondly, having been going through such incidents for 64 years, I know how each story will end. I was surprised that you did not mention that the auto ran out of fuel in your first response!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  4. Cheeniya

Dear Sharada
    What is essential while eating is peace and tranquility and when a combination of forces shatter them, what can anyone say in consolation? If Murphy were to write a law about it, I am sure he would do so with his eyes brimming with tears!
    The second experience is a riot and I am sure any one who goes through such an experience can hardly remain sane!
    Sri

5. Cheeniya

Dear Monsi
    This is the second time I am hearing about the villainous role of a Microwave! It is time someone writes a script about a Microwave joining hands with a scheming MIL to make the life of a new bahoo utterly miserable!
    About the second one, I would consider myself lucky if there is a power failure at the cable network office. What if you switch on the TV and find that every channel is telecasting some programme that you have seen a dozen times before? Or maybe a channel like CNN for want of anything better is breaking news about a cow giving birth to a triplet!
    Sri

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sri,

HAHAHA.You are not 64, but 34.I have never laughed so much.Here are a few ones from my side.

1) In the party u are dressed to kill,and u tell a joke,and everyone laughs more loudly than the joke deserves.only to realise they are laughing as yr zipper has broken, and well ?

2) There is a pretty female in the Garden who i like for her loojks.I meet a gentleman and we become friends,and i tell him that female looks great.Turned out she is his wife.

there are so may embarassing moments Sri, wait let me catch them, and put them on paper.they happen so many times.

No i donmt want the reward , jus the idea behind the blog is good enough.

Thanks and regards.kamal

7. Cheeniya

Dear Kamalji
    I wish I was 34 as you think! The tragedy was that these communication channels were not available when I was that young!
    The two piquant situations have happened to me too and the second one more often!
    Sri

8. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir
    great thread and nice to read . thanks. i'm hoping this incidence will also qualify for Murphy's law.
    I'm trying to exercise everyday regularly and desperately trying to lose weight. Ofcourse i now have a leg sprain, hand sprain ?? cold, sinus slightttt fever and i'm sure some more will come along the way to prevent consistently exercising.:tongue
    regards
    anandchitra

9. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hello Cheeniya

My piquant situations:

I have called up an acting driver to drive my car for that all important ILites meeting. I am all dressed up and set to go when the driver calls up and informs his unavailability as he is stuck in the traffic jam. Taking an auto and landing up in the meeting late is yet another story.

My school teacher always picks me up to recite the memory poem which I have not yet memorised. Me stumbling in front of the whole class is yet another story.

In an exam, it so happens that always questions come from the chapters I have omitted.

I would have planned for a Sunday movie and dinner when dear Hubby tells me of his other engagements.

Well there are lots more but I would stop here and catch you all later.

10. Cheeniya

Dear Anandchitra
    You are absolutely right there! Nothing gladdens a regular exerciser's heart than an early morning rain because that would help him to take a break from his workout without any feeling of guilt! But the damn thing would invariably start only when we are midway through our walk.
    Sri