Life's Minor Annoyances

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Amica, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

A) People not being professional at work, gossiping about others.
    B) Family and friends being too persistent about getting in touch , it's the landline first, followed by cell phone, then facetime, followed by whatsapp call and ends with a text message or calling multiple times on the cell phone ( back to back). Are people expected to be next to their phones all the time ?
    C)Nosy people at work asking for a specific reason each time I don't show up at work ( maybe I had diarrhea or period cramps , would you like to hear more ?).

Vedhavalli, satchitananda and Amica like this.
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

People mistaking me for a salesperson in shoe stores and apparel stores. Because I put back the clothes and shoes carefully after looking at them. The care I put in seems to make them think I work there! :confused:

3. MaruthiRao

MaruthiRao Silver IL'ite

Percentages never work in terms of sharing responsibilities they are 100% and 100%:)

teenulahari likes this.
  4. aamrapali

aamrapali Gold IL'ite

When someone drops something on the floor and does not pick it up. This is a daily thing for me - change on the floor, gas station receipts on the floor, papers on the floor - I am always the person both at work and home picking things up from the floor.

When someone places plates or utensils in the sink without rinsing them and next morning they are all dried up making it 10x harder to wash.

When someone does not respond and I get silence as a response to emails, texts, voicemails, etc.

5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Enjoying a hanful of roasted peanuts and the last one has to be the rotten one.:hmmm:

Planning to sleep till 6:30 am on Saturday only to wake up at 4 am.

6. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

Wrong items or excess quantities being delivered, while ordering items over phone. Either the person wouldn't hear properly or pick up the wrong items for free home delivery.

Amica likes this.
  7. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Another moment of annoyance- Someone who wants to wake up early puts an alarm on a weekend continues sleeping while someone who wants to catch up good sleep wakes up instead

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  8. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Since topic is on "minor annoyances" - When certain types of threads that I don't think deserve much of a response and/or troll-ish, runs to several pages. I find it a minor annoyance, and sometimes I have a hard time to refrain from asking folks to just stop already, stop postin in those :) But these days I've gotten better at ignoring it, and just letting it run its course.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    satchitananda and Amica like this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

When thread is about life's minor annoyances I was thinking of life outside/beyond IL, but since Ragini has linked IL annoyances to life annoyances, I have to present this minor annoyance with IL:
    Composing a longish post (in a thread that FDA /Ragini would or would not approve of), and then losing it due to any reason like browser not responding. A draft is not always auto-saved.

cheenu123, satchitananda and Amica like this.
  10. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

@Ragini25 asking me to "just stop already, stop postin in those ..."!:roflmao::cool:

satchitananda and Amica like this.