1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life Stranger than Fiction

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Nov 1, 2015.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Satchi,

When I saw this post of yours with 20 responses, I was wondering how did I miss your post for this long only to find out later that it was posted only today. But it is understandable that a lot of ILites jump at the first opportunity to read such a popular writer's post as quickly as possible especially when we don't see that many snippets from you. Probably, you were busy with your own things in addition to the wedding in Jaipur.

Life is definitely stranger than friction and most unexpected things happen from total strangers. In fact, as far as helping others are concerned, I always feel one should consider that as an opportunity rather than a favor. Every experience happens for a reason which we could never understand. Him coming your way, you stopping to find out what happened to him, you seeing the blood group card in his wallet, you asking a question about whether he could help with O+ blood group and him volunteering to help, etc. are all happening as destined. Even if one of the chain of activities is missed out, this wouldn't have been possible.

Situations like this humbles us a lot. How trivial our identity is in a scheme of things that someone makes happen meticulously? Knowing or unknowingly, we surrender to the will of the divinity. Your sympathetic attitude to check what happened to him, your asking him whether he knows someone with O+ blood group and him ready to help all shows humanity continues to thrive helping each other.

Experiences and lessons we learn out of it are important. The process and quality of living is invaluable than what is perceived by the world as extraordinary. The world unfortunately uses a different barometers rather than character of the individuals. If wealth is lost nothing is lost but when character is lost, everything is lost. The best intentions always produce best results.

Viswa

3 people like this.
  3. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Hey Satchi, thanks for sharing your beautiful experience. Is it Iktefaqi or Iraadi?

Yes, truth is stranger than fiction. If we take an event of our life and look back, there will be other unrelated events that may have happened that helped the current event to occur. If we take away any one of those events, the current event wouldn't have happened. Looks like some one kept the jigsaw puzzle of events in order.

Hope your BH's aunt get well soon.

4. satchitananda

Dear Viswa,

I just measured my leg and one is longer than the other after the leg pulling!!! Yes, I have been more busy of late than I have been over the past few years. Have been getting more classes to teach, so that has kept me out of mischief! :p

You are so right. In fact when one just observes how events happen without our even planning anything, it is absolutely mind boggling. It is humbling and it feels a privilege to be given an opportunity to be part of that chain. That is when the "I am not the doer but an instrument in the hands of the Lord" comes to mind.

Thanks a lot Viswa for the lovely FB.

1 person likes this.
  5. satchitananda

Hi Akanksha,

I guess as far as I was concerned it was ittefaqi, where the greater picture was concerned, it was a grand iraada. :-D

I am praying too, Akanksha. BTW, it is the aunt's daughter who is ill. She is still in her late 40s - pretty young to be going through all this.

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Satchi after reading your snippet I first went and nominated the same. Sorry to know about your aunt's daughter but happy you found someone who can donate blood. I think he was sent by God. also it shows that good people are there andGod is also there and he comes in any form to help good people. YOu come here onc ein a while but come with thought proovking posts which are worthy of nomination

1 person likes this.
  7. satchitananda

Thanks so much Vijima for your kindness and for the lovely FB. Yes, we need such reminders from time to time to keep our faith in humanity alive.

8. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Dear Satch

Trust – I got goosebumps..So you and the young man werethe god sent for your cousin.. You called your enquiry as “Weirdest”.. But I would call it as your basic instinct. . Thanks for sharing. Such information evokes the trust and positivity with the fellowbeing. A big hug to you. Your cousin will be in my prayers . GodBless.

1 person likes this.
  9. gitasharma

gitasharma Gold IL'ite

Satchi
    that was indeed incredible It was Gods way of sending you a Savior .hope things are under control.
    c.u
    love gita

1 person likes this.
  10. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Satchi,
    Everyone is a combination of good, not so good and some very good in every aspect (rare). Sometimes when they make themselves conspicuous with both the traits simultaneously we are awestruck!!!! Yes, many times life is stranger than fiction. Fiction is imagination and life is real.
    Syamala

1 person likes this.