1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life is not a Dream

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ains, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Foundlove

Foundlove Gold IL'ite

Dear OP,
    I think then u should first get to a safe place and then make any decisions. Is there any place u can go? Decide about the baby later. If u are sure u are pregnant. First confirm that.

Be safe before confronting him.

2. TexasRanger

TexasRanger Senior IL'ite

"Will the Guy's parents be treated the same way if they take money?"

Dear OP, no they will not be. Not that you are not aware but this is our system. Son inherits the parents property or debt. He is completely responsible for their well being or to benifit from them. Girls parents give whatever they want to their daughter during marriage. Girls parents are not expected to give anything there after even if they become billionaires after that. When some one has a daughter and a son they are not giving equal to both of their children. They are giving what they want during the girls marriage. There may be exceptions but this is the general practice in society.

I know the law says otherwise but I havent seen any one looking at laws for this. Infact it is an over reach of the law into people's personal matters.

3. TexasRanger

TexasRanger Senior IL'ite

Now that you mention that you are gainfully working, I would think you should be able to do whatever you want to do with atleast some portion of that money.

Now you mentioned that there is violence involved. If it got to this point, I dont know why you are taking it. Especially being financially independent and no kids. If you are in US I dont know how this suicide attempt/violence didnt get to the notice of police. Anyway it appears you are better off without this marriage even if you are pregnant.

What I am still not able to understand is how a person that supported you during infertility/miscarriage and helped your sisters marriage behave as bad as you are describing. It doesnt add up unless something went very wrong in between.

In anycase no body has the right to lay a hand on you or threaten with violence. I think you should report to police or something.

4. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Has this happened to you before? Not arguing, just very curious!

5. ains

ains New IL'ite

Yes society is male-dominated and it is very fair and justified because Son inherits the property he should take care of his parents.

where as the parents who have only Girl child will give their everything when married.And will give their property after they are no more to the Girl....which are equally shared by the son-in-law and his family which is now girl's family.But when Girl's Parents are in need anytime....then its a big thing to help them.They are cursed to be Girl's Parents?When a Girl can accept her husband's family as her own....cant the husband do the same?
    According to what you say......the Girl is Sold when she gets married and her parents should never look up to her for anything.....

6. ains

ains New IL'ite

I want to do all this without causing any suspision to my husband that I am trying to leave and also I want to avoid maximum drama even after that....He threatened that he will send goondas to kill my parents if I get any ideas like that....Thats why I want to know How I can do something to get away without giving him a chance to react...

7. Foundlove

Foundlove Gold IL'ite

Dear ains,
    Don't get worked up with one negative comment. You concentrate on the problem at hand. Let us know if you have a safe place to go. Please do that first.
    You are in my thoughts and prayers.

8. ains

ains New IL'ite

Also if they become billionaires after marriage,I think the son-in -law is sure he will get some.....because parents love their children no matter its a girl or boy.But only a boy can give love back to his parents.
    Girls should never have any feelings of love or responsibility towards her parent...How Fair it is?

9. Foundlove

Foundlove Gold IL'ite

Listen he will give such threats. It's not easy to get goondas. Where are they available? Can we just hire them...no.
    It's empty threat and ur parents will be able to take care of themselves. Call them and inform them that u are going to a safe place. Don't tell them where . Also tell them not to entertain DH's call.if they pick up just to say that they know he tortured u and so u left.
    If u want to do this,there will be drama. Can't be helped. Whichever city u are in,look for south Asian women's shelter. I can help u, just PM me.
    Good luck

10. ains

ains New IL'ite

QUOTE=Foundlove;2358735]Dear ains,
    Don't get worked up with one negative comment. You concentrate on the problem at hand. Let us know if you have a safe place to go. Please do that first.
    You are in my thoughts and prayers.[/QUOTE]

HI...thanks for your kind support ....is there any women protection cell I can go to or calling 911 is the only option?