1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life is a Treasure Hunt,my dear!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mithila kannan, Apr 29, 2008.

1. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

Most of us would have played Treasure Hunt the ever popular game particularly in children’s birthday celebrations.Once the game starts the enthusiasm catches the adults also.
    Things are hidden in various places within a specified area,sometimes clues are given and you have to search for the items and find them out.The person who finds out the maximum number of hidden things,I think,is the winner.
    Life is also a tresure hunt ,my dear.God has chosen to play with us.He has hidden happiness in every individual’s life in many places.It is up to every one of us to search for ,locate and get hold of that happiness.God has not been partial at all.He has happiness to each and every one of us,only thing is playful that he is, he has hidden a vast amount of happiness,different different kinds in many places in our lives Let us also rise up to the occasion,play the game with him,find out the happiness, where ever it is and emerge the winner.
    I believe that nobody will hand over happiness and success in life to you on a golden platter.It is up to you to make yourself and people around you happy.Life is not instant noodle or instant coffee.You have to put the ingredients in right amounts and work out a recipe to have wholesome happiness in life.
    Patience,Tolerance,Love,Respect for fellow human beings ,Magnanimity,Generosity ,Being faithful,being trustworthy and a zest for life are according to me the ingredients required to cook the wonderful meal of happiness for you to distribute and to relish.
    Do you think I am mushy,mushy?Do you think I am beating round the bush and not coming out with some valid recipes for happiness?Do you think I am repeating myself and am myself confused?
    I don’t know,my friends.While going thro’ some of the threads in Inlaws’ page these thoughts came to me.When I am talking ot you people ,Iam not at all self conscious Iam my normal self.
    Please do let me know whether what I have written makes any sense at all.Don’t hesitate to give me your critical comment.

sindmani likes this.

2. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mithila mam,

Your words are true.Life is the precious thing we get.We have to live our life to the fullest.The main thing is respect and love the fellow people.This people may be of any kind may be poor , rich or anything.

Each and every difficulty Witsend we face in our life is the greatest experience and should learn from that experience.Time ll change everything whatever it may be,good or bad.
    Nothing is permanent in this world.So take every moment as a gift and enjoy that moment.

This what I feel every time.Whatever thing we do,we should give our hundred percent involvement.Rest will be taken care by the superior.The famous quotes in tamil says,"Kadamayai sei palanai edir paradhey"............So do all the good things and live happily.

3. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear M Mami,

What you are saying is 100% true and you have brought it out so beautifully. And hope your doubts are cleared.

God has been toooooooooo generous to give us everything but it depends on us as to how we take it. Even in times of difficulty there is always a blessing in disguise and light at the end of the tunnel. It is upto us to search for the blessing and find the happiness.

Very aptly said mami.

4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mithali
    This time you have compared our life with the treasure hunt............
    It is so true we need to find out what we are successful at and once we start winning in life we get so use to winning, but this winning just doesn't come so easily, as we have to struggle to find our hunts we have to struggle in life in order to win............so well said.
    My dear it makes lots of sense in what you write these are some of the truths of life which we have to face, all your threads always teach us something or the other about life, so as this one, we don't get the piece of cake to eat so easily we have to prepare it in order to eat it so in the same manner we have to fight bravely in order to win in life.
    Thanks for another wonderful post.

5. lakshmi05

lakshmi05 Silver IL'ite

Dear Mithila,

Well said.

I completely agree with you. Life is a game. Game of treasure hunt. We are all the players. We are all trying for the treasure of happiness. But only some can be the winnrs. Only the sincere, focussed and fair players are the winners in this life game.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful thoughts.

Cheers,
    Lakshmi

6. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Maam,
    Yet another good piece from you.....
    What a comparision!!
    I 100% agree with you. God has given oppurtunity for everybody to have good life.
    It is left to us how we shape our lives.
    I liked the lines ....

Patience,Tolerance,Love,Respect for fellow human beings ,Magnanimity,Generosity ,Being faithful,being trustworthy and a zest for life are according to me the ingredients required to cook the wonderful meal of happiness for you to distribute and to relish.

Hope everybody has a wonderful happy life!!

Regards.

7. manjur

manjur Senior IL'ite

hi maam,

i always thought if i get what i want , i will be happy but when i get it again i feel their is something to be unhappy about.

now i realised i can be happy only in the present moment . so i am trying to be happy but strong feelings of happiness are not coming.nice way to compare that to a treasure hunt, i think i should also hunt and find my treasures.

thanks
    manju

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  8. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mithila
    Very well said.. It is true that God has given us all and its upto us to be happy and content and focus on the good things. Keep blogin:)

9. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Hi Mithila

As usual, a very fine post. Happiness can also equate to content with whatever one has been endowed by God, can it not?

10. geeth

geeth Senior IL'ite

Life is also a tresure hunt ,my dear.God has chosen to play with us.He has hidden happiness in every individual’s life in many places.It is up to every one of us to search for ,locate and get hold of that happiness.God has not been partial at all.

I believe that nobody will hand over happiness and success in life to you on a golden platter.It is up to you to make yourself and people around you happy.

While going thro’ some of the threads in Inlaws’ page these thoughts came to me.

Dear mithila mam
    the answer for the last line of quote is the above written lines by you. Very Very true mam. It makes lot of sense. I loved it.

love
    geeth