1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life in Metro.....another good one!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by sudhavnarasimhan, Jun 19, 2007.

1. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Hi Everyone,
    Did anyone see Life in Metro.....some very good acting by Irfan khan and Konkana......also the others were good,,,....a very realistic kind of movie potraying what is happening in lives of a few pairs, married , unmarried.
    The Dharmendra -Nafisa Ali pair also had some sweet moments together!
    A realistic movie, with no preaching or sermons.....

2. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hey Sudha

I saw Life in a Metro too... and since 2007 has begun, after "guru" i havent seen a movie wich makes much sense... but seriously Life in a Metro was very good... it had all the good actors, Shiney Ahuja no doubt acts well, konkana and irfan khan are good too, also Kay Kay and shilpa shetty had a good role...

Sharman Joshi giving keys of his house to everyone and the uncle ji downstairs thinking, what does he eat... was quite funny...

Overall a good experience

~Abha

3. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

Hi sudha,

i watched the movie Life in Metro,and was surprised to know how the life will b. all the actors acted superbly and its worth watching .
    the climax of shilpa n k.k.menon is too good

cheers
    sreelatha

4. sushmasampath

sushmasampath New IL'ite

hi gals!

LIFE IN METRO is a good movie.some great acting,some good music.

but hello!is really so much infidelity happening?or is it an exaggerated version?the scene where people go on calling up to fix a date and the coincidences left me gawking!are so many extramarital affairs possible?

track between konkana and irfan is really cute....kangana looks fabulous.the song 'IN DINO' expresses sweet anticipation.

5. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Dear Sudha,

yes, I'm just waiting to get a good print. I'm surely watching this movie.
    been hearing a lot about this one - all positive comments.

after reading your reviews, watched cheeni kum & provoked. Aish has tried her best to get out of her cocoon - she has cried her heart out in thismovie. have you watched hema malini's movies, she just doesn't know to cry. many actresses can't emote sadness that easily. they just cover up their face or all we see a line of tears falling in slow motion. Kajol I think is very good at all kinda emotions.

anyway, both the movies were so different and must say a good try.
    I just felt our directors need to reduce the amt of dialogues. for everything they need a lenghty dialogues.

I watched the movie, LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE -a beautiful movie. do check it out. another one is 88 MINUTES, Al Pacino movie, another good one; a thriller. do watch if you can find the CD.

wil get back after watching METRO.

Love,

6. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Dear Sudha & others,

Thanx for ur feedback, i'm eagerly waiting to watch the movie & after listening u all i'm more tempting to see:mrgreen:

7. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Meena,
    Like before you seem to be suggesting good english nmovies and i seem to be stuck with desi stuff.....but honestly it is difficult getting a eng dvd, and have to return it in a day, since they turn out expensive.....bah, the luxury of rentals of dvd in India, i really miss that....have hardly watched a eng movie, except in the theatres....Planning to go to Oceans 13!
    Lets see.....
    will try to get these eng ones...and let u know....

1 person likes this.