Life in Khalifa city A

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Abu Dhabi' started by kashly, Jan 7, 2010.

1. pawan1979

pawan1979 New IL'ite

Thanks Krish,
    One more doubt, How much time it take to obtain a visa after you send your documents( scanned Passport, employment form and other details) to Masdar University? Do they need Police clearance certificate(PCC) also?

Regards,
    Pawan

2. taurus4cb

taurus4cb Junior IL'ite

The HR should have given you the exact procedure. My application was processed while I was in the US, so I am not sure about the procedure from India. Be in constant communication with the HR.

All the best.

3. angelkhushi

angelkhushi Senior IL'ite

Hey....is their any playschool for kids in ur area as i m residing in baniyas east and Abu Dhabi is far from here .....plz do let me know if any .....

thnx in advance

4. taurus4cb

taurus4cb Junior IL'ite

There is 2 play schools that I know of near the Khalifa market. One is called Humty Dumpty and the other Little Smarties. Humty Dumpty is just across my studio apartment :)

Hope this helps.

5. pawan1979

pawan1979 New IL'ite

Dear Krish,
    How much time it took for you to get visa and other formalities from US after signing the offer? I have aksed to HR but I didn't get any reply. I am in last stage of my PhD and I have to finsih the formalities here at IIT Madras accordingly (like giving seminar, synopsis etc.). If I will have a rough idea of time frame, it will be easy for me to plan.
    By the way under whom you have joined? What is your area of research?
    Hope to see you soon.
    Regards,
    Pawan

6. taurus4cb

taurus4cb Junior IL'ite

Hi Pawan,

In my case it took 45 days. The process is very slow. I know the HR is slow in response but be in constant touch and also talk to your advisor about your graduation plans. I am in the Material Science department. My background is chemical engineering and I work in cellulose area.

Cheers

7. angelkhushi

angelkhushi Senior IL'ite

hi!!! Tauras4cb

Thnx for ur info i just want to know that which curriclum they follow and can u give me the telephone no.....if u can as i m residing in baniyas east

thnx...:thumbsup

8. pawan1979

pawan1979 New IL'ite

Hi Krish,
    My entry visa got processed and I am joining Masdar on 12th of April. I would like to know about the rent syatem. I am planning to rent a studio. Do we need to pay whole year rental in advance? Or is there obtion of monthly rental? Do the studio always equipped with AC or we have to buy? One last doubt, how much money I should bring to survive for first month including rent?
    Thanks in advance
    Bye
    Pawan

9. taurus4cb

taurus4cb Junior IL'ite

The studio apartments come with AC. About the rent payment system you will have better idea when you come here. About money, my suggestion would be a minimum of 5000 AED. If you have credit cards/debit cards that will be useful too.

10. taurus4cb

taurus4cb Junior IL'ite

I am sorry I am not there during day time and so do not have much more information. Why don't you look up on the yellow pages with the names I gave.