1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life brings tears smiles & MEMORIESThe tears dryThe Smiles fade But the memories last

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Dec 14, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

The year 2015 is coming to an end and I was looking back the memories of this year. In January had the opportunity to go to Dubai and spend time with my daughter, grand daughter and son in law. Our wedding anniversary this year we spent with them and my husband's nephew's family had also come and we had a nice time whole day. My son also celebrated his 10th Wedding Anniversary when we were there and my daughter invited them for lunch.

February was spent thinking of the time we had in Dubai and was missing the Fresh thick Milk, Bru coffee which used to taste good because of Milk which was thick and without water, otherwise I like filter coffee only.

Nothing special in March .
    In April there was Bajanotsavam in Bajana Samaj. Its their 60th year, so they are having different programmes of music and pooja. During Bajanotsavam I had the opportunity to read the write up I had written regarding their programmes. First time giving a speech made me feel nervous but everyone appreciated .

This year May we shifted to the 3rd rented house as our house is still not ready. Mother's day cant be forgotten because had a fall from the steps after coming back from Bhagavatham. Though lot of blood lost and stitches were there nothing serious. By God's grace and with my husband's support I was ok. It was a lesson for me to take care while climbing steps

Every year June brings me some sad memories but happy I came over that with the prayers, blessings from God and elders and good wishes from friends . Children are happy because School re opens in this month and they can enjoy using everythign new. Twenty four years back in the month of June on the opening of school I had hip bone fracture, had to suffer for two days then only it was operated, was in bed for two months. The Doctor who attended did not do proper job, so againaftert wo months another operation, after which I was ok, with physiotheraphy which was so painful I started walking , first with the help of walker, then a stick , started going to office in contract bus earlier used to go by train for 25 years. Again in 1999 another operation when I was operated with hip joint. With God and elder's blessings I am alright today.

Thanks to everyone who helped me always and inspired me
    For your Wishes Love BlessingsEncouragement Kindness Trust Friendship Inspiration & Motivation…These Words fall short to express the feelings….
    But they carry the sound from the strings of my Heart !!!!!Thank you!!!!
    This year in August I have completed 50years in Mumbai, have happy and sweet memories of this city. East or west Mumbai is the best. Brings me memories of train journeys, contract bus journeys . August is also special because its my birth month.

October we shifted to the 4th rented house and was happy to celebrate Navrathri and invited the new friends from the building and was happy when everyone came. Enjoying staying in this house because of the faciliites we have.

This year could attend so many spiritual programmes every monthecause of Bajana Samaj who entertained us with music programmes from artists from different cities, there was also Maha Rudram, Chandi homam. December month able to go for Ayyappa poojas.

Yesterday there was Sumangali prarthanain in my brother in law's house and when I went at 8.30 a.m to their houses , his daughter in law and elder brother in law's daughter , both Maharashtrains had already kept everything ready for the function. My brother in law was cooking, he likes to cook though now a days he has lost touch as his children dont allow to cook for catering. Elder brother's daughter in law had put super kolamin front of the house, south indian kolam . Both brothers in law are blessed and lucky to have such good daughters in law.

When God gives us a No for an answer, keep in mind that there is a much greater Yes behind it. His No is not a Rejection but a Redirection . Dont give up, God will give you the strength you need to hold on . When we pray God hears more than we ask, gives more than we imagine, in his own time and own way

Though times may be tough, God is tougher. God does not give us what we want, but what we need. The Lord hears all you say. Can you hear what He is telling you? He understands your trouble and will guide you the right direction . Just listen to Him
    Be kind to other even if they arenot to you. Keep spreading love even if you dont get it back, be helpful even if you have no one to help you. Do not change yourself according to others. Just remember one thing it is not between you and others it is always between you and God -
    These quotes are from Google, my best friend

9 people like this.

2. msm

msm Gold IL'ite

Re: Life brings tears smiles & MEMORIESThe tears dryThe Smiles fade But the memories

Nice re-cap about 2015 amma. But mid-2015 is very painful for me, am wishing/praying that 2016 and next upcoming years will be more positive and rewarding for my and my family's wounded heart.

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Re: Life brings tears smiles & MEMORIESThe tears dryThe Smiles fade But the memories

Thank you @msm dear for making my day with your first feedback. Sorry to know mid 2015 was painful for you. I also pray and wish 2016 to be more positive and keep you happy and healthy.All the best dear

1 person likes this.
  4. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

nice recap mami......... few memories are sweet to keep with us always and few are bitter and good to keep them away from thought and life forever....:)

1 person likes this.
  5. msm

msm Gold IL'ite

Thanks-ma, seeking blessings from elders like you always.

1 person likes this.
  6. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Mami,

This year has been memorable in a lot of ways..
    Memories which have both positive and negative aspects of life..I did have my share..

So had been on another journey of my life..
    One thing I have learnt is the other side of life, I am glad about it..It has shown me a different perspective of life and I would treasure these memories till end..Something which I never imagined in this world, sort of a dream, but infact a reality..Met so many friends along the way, fantastic personalities and wonderful human beings and I can never forget them..Learnt a lot about people in general..
    I had always wanted to do this and God gave me the opportunity to do so but at the expense of other things in life.. I am going to look at these positive things only and that is how we have to be in life..

One more thing is I came to IL after a long time and I have never been active in IL like I have been this year..writing replies to a lot of posts which I have not done before.. and ofcourse finding new friends including you and others..

Your narration is really good and quite happy to read your year's journey..

Wish you and Mama a Happy New Year.

Regards,
    Vaidehi

1 person likes this.
  7. EnglishNotGood

EnglishNotGood Silver IL'ite

Viji Aunty,
    Thanks for writing the rewind of 2015. I enjoyed reading month by month analysis. Hoping 2016 will be as colorful to you as 2015 and hoping to read your month by month analysis of 2016.:cool2:

1 person likes this.
  8. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji Madam,
    Nice to see your picture.
    2015...life is always something like a cocktail....some sweet things happen and some not so sweet and some bitter. it is our attitude which makes us face them. Sulking, take things as they come, positivity.
    I am glad you have many sweet memories. Though had some surgeries I am gald you are able to climb stairs and lead an independent life.
    Take care and have many more sweet happenings in 2016 also.
    Syamala

1 person likes this.
  9. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji ma
    Happy to read your journey this year. We wish you and uncle a very happy new year with lots of happiness, inner peace and good health
    Vani

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Very true dear