Life After Covid Vaccine

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SuiDhaaga, Feb 12, 2021.

1. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

I'm glad it worked out!!!!

2. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

1 dose is certainly convenient, but who knows?????

Shingrix is an improvement of the old shingles vaccine, but this Shingrix requires 2 doses. Last year my uncle got 1st dose from one Pharmacy, and second dose form another. Fortunately both doses were identical and from the same manufacturer.

3. MrCroc

MrCroc Silver IL'ite

Actually, that is also somewhat of a misnomer. 95% here means 95% symptomatic disease. These folks who were tested, they were not all tested for disease. Only those who developed symptoms and showed up in clinic were tested.
    Meaning, what could happen is that someone vaccinated (say with vaccine A) developed the covid infection but did not get symptoms. It may be 50% actually got infected but never developed symptoms.

In another vaccine (say B), what might happen is that say 70% did not get any symptom but also did not develop any infection after exposure to this virus. That is 30% did develop symptoms and were tested and found to be having infection.

Say, in both vaccines there were no deaths or serious illness or hospitalization.

So which one is better? To me B seems better because it can actually prevent infection in 70% cases. That vaccine can also reduce spread of disease and give herd immunity.

But if we go by just symptoms then the 95% one looks better.

There is still too much unknown about all these vaccines.

Sorry for long post.