1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life after children

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mkyj, Jun 7, 2010.

1. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Wishing you a happy wedding anniversary.
    Wishig you a lovely time with your loved ones.

This post reminded me of my mom who just counts the days when I will be with her with my kids. That short stay is the health booster for her.

Lucky are those couples with whom the children stay and love them too.

Parvathi.

2. Shrivasu7

Shrivasu7 New IL'ite

Hi,

I am a 29 year independent professional living in chennai, in the family way. Your post has left me thinking more and more on what i would do if my mum was not there in my life.... Especially after my marriage, i have become so close to my mom, she is more of a friend than a mother, she is more of a confidante. When i see her so frail, yet running around to do things for me, even though i know she is not in the best of her health, makes me wonder at the inner strength she has and how to keep her cosy and warm for the rest of her life.

I feel it is my utmost duty to treasure her, to keep her in good health and make life more and more easy so that she can enjoy playing with her grandchildren for a long long time to come...

Your post confirms my belief that the best thing God has created other than nature is MOTHER and i salute all the mothers in this earth for their selflessness, and for being always there through thick and thin for their children.

And today when i am pregnant, i discuss each and every phase month of pregnancy with my mom and enjoy that wonderment in her face when she discusses her experience with me...

Love you mom a lot..........

Priya

3. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Hi

A very emotional post indeed.:thumbsup

4. Mythily

Mythily Senior IL'ite

I already have tears in my eyes...my DD is only 2.7 yrs and ur narration made me imagine the future....OMG....couldnt ctrl the emotions

Nice write-up.Happy anniversary

5. santhanajeya

santhanajeya New IL'ite

hi everybody,
    i have a son whose age is 4. when they grown up and going their own way, we should concentrate in someother things like what we can do the society?.
    so that we dont think about the lonliness as well as we are spending our time usefully.

Do something for somebody

bye
    santhanajeya

6. lex123

lex123 New IL'ite

Once the children are old enough to make their own lives they will go away, and we should be prepared to accept it.

The only way we can move away from that lonely feeling is that getting back to our favorite hobbies, which we had neglected earlier for want of time, and nurture it with utmost care now.

Another way is to get involved with some social work where you are more needed and helpful to others.

Learning something new is also cannot be neglected. Concentrating on some new technology and explore it is another way of keeping us engaged and busy.

I know a lady who experienced the empty nest syndrome at the age of 75, decided to get involved totally in starting an orphanage, and now after 5 years, she says she is too busy and no time even for chitchatting.

lex123