1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share what we teach our kids daily

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by hs2009, Oct 9, 2012.

1. hs2009

hs2009 Silver IL'ite

Hello Mommies,

I would like to start a thread where we can share what we teach our kids daily. Today I did a number and letter train puzzle with my 3.6 yrs DD, where she counts and gives me the puzzle pieces for numbers and says the letter over and over again to give the next letter. Also I will make her write one page of any letter and read out a story tonight.

Await to hear from other mommies!

3 people like this.

2. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Himani
    Thats interesting dear...

3. satyasmiles

satyasmiles Senior IL'ite

hi himani
    nice topic dear . lets share

4. padmapriya1

padmapriya1 Gold IL'ite

My kid is just 1.6 yrs old.
    Pls suggest me few things which i can teach him at this stage..
    Comments are welcome... he is not speaking much except amma, akka etc..

5. chithirainilavu

chithirainilavu Gold IL'ite

nice thread himaani, i have twin daughters who are 3.3 years old and go to pre-school. they have not started any writing , it is still coloring with crayons and paints. now i have started teaching them to play puzzles.

keep updating

shara

6. arthimahalakshm

arthimahalakshm Gold IL'ite

hi!you can hang charts like vegetables,fruits in your kids bedroom.while playing you gradually introduce the names.if you show the fruit/veg when you are in the kitchen,surelyhe/she will response to relate with the chart.i didnot send my dds to nursery/play school.instead i did this at home and directly got admitted in k.g classes

1 person likes this.
  7. rranga83

rranga83 Senior IL'ite

Very useful thread. Thanking for starting such topic .
    My Kid is 3 yrs now ...Going to Pre-KG .... i play her some rhymes/Tom & Jerry CD .... Started reading strories and explaining her .... I am trying out MAGIC-POT for the past two weeks ...she is so eager if i explain the story while she is watching the pictures ..... one thing is she repeatedly requesting for the same story ... in weekend i am very happy to have story time with her ....

i also have plans to do
    1. Painting with her ...we can use her finger impression ....and do some creative painting
    2. I tried teaching her to write alphabets ...but she is not ready for that ...i dont want to force her
    3. Daily i will say that "Kali Mata" will visit our house at night and check if the kid in that house is behaving properly ..... next day when we get something for her ...i use to say that its the gift from "Kali Math" for her "Good behaviour" ...on the otherhand i use to hide some of her toys/bags/waterbottle/lunchbox and such items ... i am seeing some impact for this "Kali Mata Drama" ... actually i am not threatening her with Kali mata's name. Now-a-days she use to take her phone and call Kalimata and ask for her favourite things (fruits/dress/sweets) and promises to be very good ....

20% to 30% to the time i am able to mange with this Drama

9 people like this.
  8. Nanimom

Nanimom Gold IL'ite

very nice thread..
    apart from his school work, i teach him few tamil words everyday.. our mother tongue is telugu, and in school he learns English... but about this about he finds it bit difficult to speak with neighbour kids who speaks in tamil.. so in home im speaking in tamil sometimes, to make him understand.. now he is ok with understanding and saying few tamil words..

1 person likes this.
  9. hs2009

hs2009 Silver IL'ite

Thank you ladies for responding, lets be more active in sharing what we teach our kids. This will be a good exchange of ideas for all mommies:). Yesterday we ( me n DH) tried/ taught my 3.5 year old DD the concept of before and after. We do one board puzzle with her everyday. We make her stack all the puzzle pieces in different mounts and then she arranges the whole puzzle on her own. This way she gains the confidence of " I did it"- the Dora way!

Will look forward to you all you mommies sharing what you are teaching ur LO's.

10. hs2009

hs2009 Silver IL'ite

Nanimom,

That's a good practice, even we are trying to speak with her in Hindi our mother tongue as she understands Hindi well, but prefers to respond only in English. This is ongoing effort for us. Good job if he is now saying few words.