1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings - Season 5

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Traveller, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Girls, Thanks a lot for your wishes.It was a decision which was pending for a long time and its fixed now.

Nitha - You are indeed brave.Take care..(HUGS).

V -Your display pic is so nice.Hope you had a great trip.

Latha - I worked for clients in Belgium/Brussels and they used to tell me that summer is a rare one in Europe and they would so look out for it.July/Aug most of them would be on vacation.
    Slow down dear...:coffee

Hi to all others....

2. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

Nitha - take care pls !

AD - welcome back

3. shrukri

shrukri New IL'ite

Thank You All!
    Ya so happy that DH is understanding.........I'm relieved nothing can break our relationship...going to have a relaxed vacation....
    Thanks Latha for mentioning....I'll take a vow not to fight or argue atleast till i return back....ya it might ruin our relationship.....
    Nitha sure u scared us...Pls take care...Admire ur positive attitude!
    Ramya DH travelling again aaaa....my GOD..so how does lil A take this, does she ask for her dad?
    Bhavani how's the planning going on?
    Padmini hugs....Nothing more can i say....Is it possible to communicate to ur DH politely and make him understand how u feel......
    V tell us more about ur trip, I've also been to all the places u mentioned.... I always admire the architecture, and sort of felt very happy and peaceful visiting those temples......
    Aishu happy b'day!
    AD hope things are better soon at ur work place...
    Sindhu how's ur work? got back to schedule after trips and stuff..
    My monthly visitor arrived today...DD2 was horrible this morn.....she wanted me to keep feeding her n wanna slp with that in the mouth...if i put her on the thooli, i had to keep rocking...wuf...it was getting late n i had to go pick DD1, I let her cry n did my stuff...she cried n cried n finally stopped....I feel guilty, usually i'm very patient with her even at night.......first time i let her cry for few mins....she would have cried for 10 mins non stop....Is it OK.............
    Take care all!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  4. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Padmini - What happened? How long are you at mom's?
    Aishu - Great decision on quitting. Relax and take care.
    Nitha - You are scaring me ....consult the docs regularly and take care dear.
    I keep shuttling between mom's and IL's as they stay close by.
    Radhee - Yes DH is not in Chennai from Monday to Saturday. He has been doing this for 1.5 months and I think it will go on for another month :((
    Poornima - Hope you are better now. And also hope relationship with MIL is cool. Take care.
    AD - Glad that P is doing fine at after-school. Until what time is he there?
    Coming to your client, it is a blame game, they probably want to cut resources and cost and are waiting for a chance. I work there too and I know how difficult it is. Infact, I am thinking of other options where we can get more flexibility. But don't decide in a hurry. Try out all options before deciding on quitting. I heard they are going to introdce a lot of employee friendly options. If client is not ok, shift the project/team. Hang on !
    Uma - Dont feel guilty. It happens to all of us. But take more rest so that you are energised. Hey, we are planning a S'pore trip ... can i come to ur place ....JK.
    Girls - DH is too tired in office and I am not complaining to him about our home. It is so so boring. TO be here without him ... I will not feel so lonely if I am alone, but with a big family and he not there, it is tough ....DH calling bye

5. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

hey Ramya, I have felt the same way too.. when the whole family (more than 12 people) is around but DH is missing, I have felt very very lonely.. same here.. would never feel that way even when I am left all alone at home.. hmm somehow DH feels happy to know that I miss him when he is missing and the whole jing bang is right there..

Uma, dont feel bad.. there is this much that one can do and handle.. you too are a human. like ramya says, do try to take some time off for yourself and also get some rest.

6. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

AD - good to have you peep in again! How is your mom doing? Good that P isnt fussing about the after-school thing. DS started full time (upto 3 pm ) school from Monday and seems to be happy too.

Ramya - hope the next month whizzes past for you - must be awful to have DH away so much.

V.

7. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Girls,

Have uploaded some pics of Manu in my album(profile)... finally i found time for all these :) Take a look dears.

8. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

:clap AD nice to see you back in cheerful mood.

Ramya - what else to say... bear with the pirivu:(

Pon - i suppose you've already left for Cbe. have a safe and smooth trip.

V - remembered something near Kumbakonam. our friends who visited us last week have relatives in K.konam. they mentioned visiting a place called gokulam where one can donate (as in pay money) for a cow. they have a huge shelter for such donated cows, it seems, that are maintained in the traditional way and the milk is sold in the nearby villages. i'm so wanting to visit that place. cool idea isn't it!

rant time - why doesn't DD want to sit in the pram:( she's nice in the shops and all no complain about that. but her walking everywhere takes sooooo much time. and then unexpectedly she starts running and me running after her with pram in tow is not pleasant after couple of times. in the afternoon, at pick-up time, i was begging her to take a nap. my life has come to that god!!!! she smiles and says 'no no' and goes on getting down and getting up in the pram thousand times:rant it leaves me exhausted and i'm such a horrible being after that. :hide:

off for the hair cut drama. y'day we couldn't do it since it started to pour suddenly and i was stuck at the pre-school itself. i'm longing for an ilanir now (tender coconut):(

9. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Latha, noooooo we are leaving tomo night, but am somehow occupied all the time, with all chores and phone calls left n right, from amma, appa, sis, and some relatives, am like a dead zombie now, they all talk, ask suggestions, tell me pack this, wear that, am going nuts, sis is very much tensed, dono why, she wants to talk with me all the time :))))))))))) Though am enjoying all the attention, kids and regular chores zap me out!
    To top it, i did one silly thing today morn, while cooking, i did something and thudddd, the HOT HOT sambar fell over my right hand, now below my elbow, till fingers, i got red red bruises all my right hand, am getting scoldings from everyone, left, right n center:hide:
    I havent packed yet, got to do 50% tonight and the rest tomo morning.

Sindhu, am just keeping you in mind all the time :) Though i wish for such sudden trips that you guys plan, this packing things make me feel jittery, dono why. I am just keeping you in mind, packing minimal and taking things easy this time :) Thankyou :)))))))) And yaaa, am jumping more often, with my jil jil golusu :)) DD too :)))

Nitha, dont scare me, you have a super good sense of humour, i agree, but great girl, you can laugh over such clots even is it?? TC, go get your medical checkup done.

Aish babes, you and manu are soooooooo sweet :) Give her my ummmaaaa :)

Ramya, we will meet, once am back from this trip :)

V, Aadhu kutti takes his lunch at school? today i packed ragi kolukattai :) DD loves this ;)) DS's tonsure is on 25th. Uniform pic pls? I am still waiting for DD's :)

AD, hows your mom? I second Ramya, if you are not OK with the current process and schedules, pls do find out from un-official SOURCES on resource requirements that match your profile, in other projs :) Sure you will find something else, if this one wont suit you. Yaayy for my dear P :)

Smsed Anitha, she is back home, but busy right now :)) Nilu and mamma are fine :))

Uma, wowwwwwwwwwww i would love such surprises, but my DH doesnt know to surprise me with a gift or a rose, but instead he would takeup cooking, do all chores, gimme a day rest and leisure time. Thats how he can show that he cares for me :) All flowery words and gifts vanished after the initial courting period, lol lol :)) Enjoy your vacation girl :)

Padmini, we will meet next week, you promise me to treat me somewhere, I wud instantly jump and come over, heeheheeeeeee :) Enjoy your time now at mom's, give my regards to your parents :) I wish you were closeby :) I would have walked in, to relish your mom's samaiyal :)

Tikka, Lyn, Shanthi, CC, SS, YesBee, busy mommies :)) Do peep in for a HIiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :)

Raj, are you reading this anyway? Do come back, you are missed :)

PS: Girls, my neighbour got guests for dinner, she is feasting them :) DD has gone there, 2hrs before, having fun with kiddoos and enjoying the dinner :) Now, neighbour sent me her dishes - pudina rice, carrot+cucumber raitha, peas+potato curry, roti :)) I love her sooo much now :) Off to relish them girls, dono if i would leave a spoon or two for DH :)

10. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Pon - have a great time! Hope the function goes off well!

Latha - thats a lovely idea (the cow thing); I've never heard of anything like that before.

DS is being a big pain today - I had to drop him off at the ILs for an hour in the evening as I had to go to hospital to see a patient. I come back to pick him up and he absolutely refuses to come home with me. This has happened far too many times now; I've talked to him about it; I've tried bribes; I just dont know what to do. How long can you keep asking a child to come home with you? And of course the ILs dont help in any way - they pander to every whim and fancy of DS and wont let me raise my voice even....bah.... BIL brought him over a couple of hours later...I'm not talking to DS now; I know its silly on my part but really I've had enough....

V.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.