1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings - Season 5

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Traveller, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

NP V. Will wait to hear from you.

Nitha dear - I tried medicine dropper too.She spitted out.Shes driving me crazy.

2. shrukri

shrukri New IL'ite

K had a hearty laugh at the way you had written about pom's behavior. Reg hair fall you're gr8 at sticking to proper diet, so your hair must have been back to form....I am extremely poor in this, i eat what all i can, not at all bothered if it's junk, calories etc etc......although i'm bf'ing.....Guilt feel will pop up now n then but i don't just follow:(
    V i like dogs if they just stay in the kennel and roam around the garden...DH says dogs can't be that way n they're like babies.....Anyway the gr8 news is MIL and pet are not arriving now....I have more time to ENJOY:thumbsup. Dh is visiting her mid jul......
    Nitha belated b'day...BTW how do i see ur photos....should i be some goldite or something to view?
    SS don't feel guilty ur're a gr8 mom.
    Lee congrads on the new home!
    Pon i feel like having kurma now! Your DD is such a smart gal......
    My DD is like me, she shares everything with me, though sometimes i'm too busy to listen....She was not like this earlier, now she shares everything...
    Hi to all others...Got to get the dinner for Dh, he's on the way.........

3. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

SS - As others said, don't worry about what others say. Our mommies are also growing old na, sometimes they don't know that whatever they say hurts.

Latha - Sure it can be taxing to have visitors and 2 kids to handle, all at the same time. How long is their visit?

Ramya - Yes, I am eagerly waiting to move to the new floor. We are hoping to finish it by mid september if it goes at the same pace as now.

Pon - Yes, I did try some cutting pasting with him. Since i didn't have any printouts to cut, i started cutting out pics from the newspaper like car, camera etc. I gave him the gluestick to stick. He was very excited to use it and even started applying glue on top of the picture too. I couldn't control him since it was the first day. I let him do whatever he wanted, but we had a great 1-hour with our cutting, pasting, and some crayon work.

Aishu - Have you tried using sippers. DS drank only with sipper. we never used bottle. But I am not sure if she will stop spitting.

Nitha - yes I should think about buying one. Let me inquire about it. How is chinnu...What new things is she doing?

Vanathi - It was ramya who mentioned about going to Mauritius, not me. :)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  4. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

SS, you know what. I was in bed, hooked up to IV and doctors trying to stop my preterm labour enough to buy time for the steroids to work on the LO's lungs. My mum comes to the hospital (just a few days after her own surgery, I should say, so perhaps she was not thinking straight) and then asks what did I do to trigger premature labour :hide:. Dang, it hurt.
    I think that generation likes to apportion blame and reason for things that happen so that they can make sense of things. To reassure you, I know of families, happy, stress free families without any parental history of allergies that have children who have been asthmatic from the second year. I also know of a woman who was beaten up regularly - believe it or not - by her own family NOT her husband, during her pregnancy whose child is thriving like a weed.
    No, you are not responsible for her allergies. If anything you are a good mother for doing every.little.thing you can to make her childhood a stress-free atmosphere.
    We get STIBS - sacchromyces boulardii (i am never sure if I spelt that right) in a sachet, we add some water to it in a medicine spoon and have him drink from it. It has a slightly sweet taste, so goes well. The other thing is nutrolin B. You need to reconstitute it into a syrup and give it to the LO. A lot of probiotic is available in a powder form that can be added to milk, juice, etc. I hope an US mommy steps in here for the brand.
    Good luck on the allergy test. Hugs for the LO.
    Radhee, Ben is proof that boys do like craft eh? Mine never did and apparently does not show any interest in school too?!?
    Uma, you will have to be friends with the person to see the album if they have set their privacy settings so. LOL about my food. I wonder if I would have had it not been for becoming poor glucose tolerant. Yes, I do eat junk, but I need to eat more veggies to control my sugar :)
    Nitha, happy belated birthday. The pictures were really good, especially the albino peacock... I just love your spirit about taking things head on including MILs.
    V, hope the baby and mom are doing well. I wonder what it is to be a doc and called to the OR at odd hours. My paed came to my delivery room at 11.30 pm stayed there till 12 midnight. Thank heaven for people like you and her. Hugs.
    Aishu, there is a bad, bad virus that is going around. Methinks she may be falling ill. Re water, that was K too, I had to keep doing that till he will take it at some point, that was close to 10 months. Till then I was pumping an ounce of bm and giving him that with meal.
    I hope all of you mom are doing well and your LOs too.

5. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

dear friends,

hugs to you all... missing you all. but just today and i'll be back. can't tell you how much my body is longing for a good, long sleep. everyday i get to sleep only for 3-4 hrs. the class is fun but needs lots of concentration, working with sugar paste at a stretch, most of the time standing... and come home make food, clean etc., i haven't even looked after my kiddos properly. they all go out after DH drops me at the class, come back and are put to sleep by DH. you know what everyday i've been thinking, esp the working moms who must be having similar schedule. you're all wonderful...

y'day the kiddos have been to legoland. apparently DD fell hard and has a small cut on her forehead. nothing to worry because the first aid there took a look and said just a tiny cut and no stitches. i felt so bad and horrible that i wasn't there with her. otherwise they have had fun.

i so want to be back to my routine....

6. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Oops...:hide:. Sounds like B loves craft - A is also crazy about the glue stick!

7. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Krithi - If it was my mom with me at pre-term ....I would have just ....I dunno blasted, hit ..whatever ....

V - Yay to Adu for drawing a man ....he's growing up. We had been to Mauritus and it was beautiful, atleast the sea was. But I kind of got bored with the water. The cruise and time at the beach was superb.

Nitha - Caught your MIL!! Great job. You keep praying on the flights ??? joking? I did pray, only on my first flight.

Latha - What course is yours?

Guys - DH is travelling again and I am off to mom's. I am so glad. Its like I am a school kid and my vacation has started. ILs place is brewing with problems, all financial and I am too fed up to handle it. We keep helping them and no one seems to even bother to talk. Sorry, it this sounds vague, but I cannot elaborate it here. I am just exhausted. Hope I become better soon.

8. msharadha

msharadha New IL'ite

Hi everyone, long time I posted here, but have been reading all your posts. I am not in my right senses and hence thought better not to post all the rubbish that comes to my mind. Only two more days at office and that stress is also building up in my mind.

Am at my mom's place for the past one week as MIL had to go to see her grand daughter who was ill. She came back yesterday and she knew that I will get back home only on Sunday, so she visited my kid in my mom's place, did not wait for me nor did she tell me over the phone. I feel so bad, its like as if I do not mean anything to her, and as if the only bond between us, is my kid otherwise she is not bothered about me. Am I over reacting guys, do let me know about this.

Once I get back to normalcy will reply to you, have a good week everyone.

9. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Ramya; I am not joking at all. I am afraid of anything that challenges the law of gravity;) including the adventure parks:)

Vanathi; So nice of Aadhu; he drew even the specifications(moustache). Wow!!!

K; Hope kiran is enjoying the school days. How are you finding the school??

Latha; Busy days!!! Hope lil A is feeling better.

Hiii to all others.

-Nitha

10. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot Radhee, Tikka and V.Will look out for sipper then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.