1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings - Season 5

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Traveller, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Nitha - happy bday! Where was the cruise to?

Krithi - ear drums still intact :) And its so good to hear that K is doing so well with the school transition. A is doing well too - today I heard a new Tamil rhyme from him and after a bit of probing I discovered it was taught at school last week. That boy is so hard to get any information out of; still I keep hoping that will change as he gets older. Does K tell you about what he does in school?

V.

2. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Pon - Not really. I always feel guilty I am not doing justice to any...Wow, so your sis is getting married...The next 3 or 4 months with fly with so much of excitement and planning.

Ramya - We have given the construction on a contract. The contractor is a close relative of DH, so quality wise, they are good and we don't bother much apart from giving designs etc. DH is there in the site until he leaves for office in the afternoon. MIL takes care of the domestic needs. Yes, we (we 3 + PIL) will be moving to the top floors.

I can understand how things must be with about 11 people around most of the time...May God give you lots and lots of patience and peace. Loved your thought about all of us being in one apartment...at least we have that virtually now.

Vanathi - So how are the drumming sessions going? I cannot bear to hear the rattles B makes with just the kitchen vessels.

Lyn - Congrats on your new house!

Krithi - Can you tell me what all you make for K's Bfast and lunch? I am running out of ideas as B wants something new everytime. Thanks for the link on ice cream maker. I never knew one existed.

Nitha - A very happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day!

3. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

Latha, Looks like you are having a blast with the guests and glad to know that the kids are enjoying too..

Vanathi, yes. Her skin prick test is scheduled for tomorrow and I'm planning to ask for a referral to a nutritionist soon.

Ramya, You are so thoughtful about celebrating your SIL's occasion. Did she like it?

Uma, that was so cute of your daughter and indeed romantic of your DH too..

Sri, good luck with your move.

Krithika, How do you give are probiotics? I got probiotics supplement from a health food store here after reading in many sites that it helps with eczema. But unfortunately, it’s extracted out of shell fish and my DD is allergic to it.

Nitha, Happy B’day(or belated is it?)

Had a decent week end ladies. We went for a sleepover at a friends’ and she cooked awesome dinner and breakfast. I also managed to iron 5 shirts of DH (inspiration from Latha..:).. Thanks Latha!!!) and tried making an earring (got some cheap beads to try my hand in it). It came out decent. I was excited. Also baked some wheat-free cookies for DD. So in all a good week end. Tomorrow is DD’s allergy test and I’m sad that the poor little one is gonna cry crazy. L.

Rant: I was accused by my mom that the reason for DD’s skin condition is me because I had a stressful pregnancy which in turn affected my DD. She put me through a round of guilty feeling and I’m finding it hard to digest it. Was it me ladies? But I kind of gathered some courage for myself and think, God has blessed me with the courage and strength to work on her issues all alone. So why do people (though my own mom) from the other side of the globe accuse me of things that go wrong here, when they can do NOTHING of the least help?

4. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

hey ladies,

came in to say i'm utterly tired, exhausted and stressed out. y'day i started the class which is good. i'm the only 'old' student besides the chef himself. luckily for me he's scottish so the class is conducted in english. i'm now the unofficial interpreter:)

i don't want to start any rants... all the stress stems out of my inexperience in having guests:( they're lovely people having lovely time and so are we:)

missing you all. i'm so used to sharing all my day to day things with you but now i'm unable to:( will be back with all tales on thursday.

happy birthday Nitha sweetie. all others big hugs and big hiiiiisss... i haven't read any posts but i hope all is well:)

5. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

V - Are most children like that. I have also seen that my cousins children do not tell anything to parents ....they literally have to bribe to get out information. And about the drums ... I can understand you. I go crazy with DD throwing away all our SS cups and tumblers :((
    Radhee - You will love it when you move to the new floor. And almost the first year will be gone in getting things set !! How old is Ben?
    SS - Thanks. SIL did like it and appreciated me a lot. Sad that the probiotic will not be of use to DD :((. And don't worry about mom's acusation. When the advice is not of use, please leave it (even if it is our own mom).
    Latha - So you started baking classes ?? GREAT !! ..I want you to PLEASE start a blog and update your recipe + experience in making it ...please ....And you look such fab food for the guests ....you are a wonderful host ...so just chill chill and chill
    Krithi - How long is K's school? And great to know that he 'ran' into the school... you must be happy ;))
    Sri - Enjoy the time with DH and DD. Living out of suitcases is irritating ..I can understand. I have done it for months together when I travelled officially. Set up your home soon.
    Nitha - Happy B'day. Where was the cruise to? And I love cruises. I have just gone on one ...in Mauritius ...it was heavenly. Chinu looks so cute .....Ok, get back after folding your clothes.

6. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Girls, I made yummmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyy veg kurma, just right for me and DD, mild spice, mild masalas, wowwwwwww, i sat and relished chapathi and kurma for almost 45mins, i felt sooo nice, eating good food :)) I know DH would want more spice, but i dont mind now :) I havent relished a food for such a long time, it was nice :)))))))))
    DD off to school, yesterday her lunch was half emptied, she said, i was eating, but aunty said - "Cleanup time!". Me - why didnt you eat fast? S - you know i tried really to make it fast, but aunty's clock worked fast too, she said cleanup too early:rotfl
    Today's lunch for S - chapathi rolls, with grated cheese and dates pieces inside it :) Hope she finishes it :)

Morning S was eating rice+kurma, DS was eyeing her food, was shouting and throwing things, asking for her food. This girl gave some veggies from kurma, he too relished, ate all of them, asked more from her, made chup chup sounds, he was all smiles, giggled a lot, clapped his hands even, ohhhh myyyyyyy, where is my little baby gone? He loves this much flavour is it?? :hide:

Nitha, happy Birthday girl :) Where did you go?? Chinnu looks sweet in the pics, you are a smarty in that pic, stylish look :)))))))))

Latha, As long as you all enjoy your times together, nothing else matters :))))) I would love to have friends coming over, I dont really mind about food and the household :)))))

Vanathi, Ramya is right, my DD too is that kind, wont open her mouth about her school activities. Last yr I used to callup her teacher once in a week to get to know things. This yr, this teacher wont be free-enough to talk every week, but she would answer if we go there in person and ask out. So planning to visit her school weekly once or twice :) Just today morning my mom told me, when I was in my KG1, i never used to share anything thats taught at school it seems :) There were many many singing, dancing, writing competitions, which i have won, but mom wont know when was that, what did i sing/write, only the weekly school diary would let her know things, no wonder my DD is like this:bonk We got a drum to DD at Cbe, but i left it there itself, to save my eardrums ;)

Tikka, thats nice to hear, about kiran's running :))) Pass me on the muffin receipe. Yesterday Shalini was getting bored around 7pm, I was giving bath to V, she went near laptop, called out - 'kiran, are you there??' :))))

SS, My mom blames her harmones, for such high-charged blame talks. Brush it aside :) No mom would want to harm her child na? You are a great mommy, now smile pls :)))))

Ramya, DS wants to play only with DD's lunch boxes, that too in the mornings, he doesnt want any other vessel or box, we are going crazy, hiding her boxes somewhere, giving him something else, still he searches all over :)) How is your DD these days?

Radhee, How is Ben? tried some crafts with him??

Off for a tulsi tea and some organising bills :))))))))

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  7. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear V,Latha,Tikka,Sindhu,Ramya,Vidyaa,CC,Pon,Pooh and all other dearies

a Biiiiig hiii to you all.
    How are you all? How are all you LO's?

Literally sorry for not being able to read all your posts.I seldom find time to browse these days with hectic schedules, feeds, household chores. I dont get it..If im the only one whose so much tied up or am i incapable of handling too much? I'm completely sleep deprived with zero help from any elders in the family.LO doesn't stay long with DH since hes away to work most of the day.. so is still clingy to me.:drowning

My LO is 6 months.I started on Ragi kanji for her and its going ok.Paed suggested that i start idli, Rice+dhal mashed, mashed potatoes+carrot etc.
    So today i start her with mashed rice with potato.Lets see how it goes.

Lovely Girls, can you please throw some light on few things:-

1.LO is screaming a lot these days...very adamant.This has been happening only for the last 2-3 days.She doesn't get consoled even if i divert her with a toy or show her some vehicles,music.. nothing! I'm not able to get what makes her so irritable:bonk.What could be the reason?

2. Regarding feeding bottle:- Paed suggested that i give water to her once i start solids..but Manu doesnt take water from bottle.She is not sucking well with the bottle rather plays with it and drenches her outfit..BTW, some one presented me a Heinz feeding bottle. So can i try some other bottle n nipple? I somehow feel that she sucks air and also the nipple is too long for her.So I tried spoon and tumbler, but she is spiting the water out
    Any suggestion how to feed water otherwise?

3.LO gets up often for night feeds like once it every 1.5 hrs.So the slppe is too disturbed and both me n her are tired.Whats best food to give her before sleep? At what time?

Sorry for asking too many questions.People at home are clueless on how to handle babies these days...They say give aavin milk etc etc.which I'm not for.
    Kindly guide me.I'm so lost.

8. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

SS - hope the prick tests go well. And dont worry about your mom; ignoring is the only way out sometimes.

Aishu - have to rush; will get back to your post later

Latha - dont worry; just enjoy the company.

Pon/Ramya - thing is I used to be and still am the kind of person who shares every bit of my day at home so I cant understand someone who is the complete opposite of me :) Maybe he's like Dh or my sis - they are all like that.

Ok, have to rush - posting this from hospital and I have a C-section I have to be at...

V.

9. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Vanathi; It was a two hour cruise over atlantic ocean. No big deal :) But we did enjoy it a lot. I have posted it here http://www.indusladies.com/forums/indians-in-new-jersey/100371-trip-cape-may-nj-inexpensive.html

Radhee; icecream maker is a good investment. You know what you put in it. SO you can alter according to the dietary requirements. Despite the temptations; I have not yet brought it; due to the "weight-issues" :)

S-s; Please do not pay much heed to the accusations. It won't solve any issues. I wonder why parents get so much pleasure in blame-game when there are issues :( I don't think your DD's skin condition is due to your stress. Is it genetics??? Did you check if anyone in your or Dh's family has any such history?

Latha; do you enjoy the busiest days. We will be here waiting for the stories :)

Ramya; Mauritius!!! Wow!! what more you need. I am scared of cruises. It was a two hour cruise; and when it entered the ocean I started praying :) Same with me whn I board flight. After take-off; except the sleep-time; I spent in praying :)) Too adventurous; ha :)

Aishu; for feeding watr; you can try with medicine dropper.

Pon; now how do I get that kurma;) Also try "sabzi makhani" . It is a regular hit at the get together's. Shalini is so smart:thumbsup

Talking about cooking; hear a comment from my MIL.
    Background: Jay shares his lunch with collegues and they say I cook very well. Once we met a family; the guy personally complimented me for my cooking. So; Jay said it to his mom. Her comment: Ohhh they will be bachelors...will eat anything anyone gives... hungry souls :))) Look at the attitude. I immediately took the phone; and asked why that comment..are you saying I am a poor cook. She was a little shocked as she didn't expct that the phone was in speaker. Then she covered the tracks and said "No I was making a casual obsrvation about bachelors". I told they are married men and not bachelors. Then she said " You cook very well. The biryani; cookies you make......" the compliments go on and on to the extent of saying that I cook better than anyone in the family :))
    I do not understand; why they have make such comment on the first hand; and then eat up the words:idontgetit:

10. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Nitha - that was hilarious! Will go read about your cruise now.

Radhee - was Mauritius as beautiful as the pics? Everytime I want to go and look at the prices for a package and stop :-(

V.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.