1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings - Season 5

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Traveller, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Its gone 4 pages already. we sure talk.

Weathers so good here today my moods s elevated. In school lil one had blue day. She picked out her outfit herself. I dunno if I wud ve had the interest r brains to co ordinate an outfit with a given theme like colour blue in tht age . cos am still a bad dresser. iam proud mommy today.
    I vent read thru all ur posts. will come back after i go thru them. my roses r blooming now and i can feel its gonna lookk great in summer.

Regards,
    CC

2. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Hello dears
    Tommrw we are moving:cry::) Well; I am not so sure how I feel about the move. I just hope I won't regret moving there.
    Wish me the best.
    Have a great weekend
    -Nitha

3. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi girl friends:)

not a good evening y'day. I was in the bus and started coughing so bad. came home with fever. i myself can't believe how suddenly my slowly fading cough turned bad suddenly. good part was DH had taken off y'day (to study but he himself was pathetically sick!). i made dosas, had dinner, puked and then went to bed at 8.30. woke up only at 8 this morning.

DS' swimming classes are done with. I made a mistake of not booking the next one earlier itself. now they're all full. so the hunt starts:(

today will be no-internet day (hoping so!) and i'm going to rest and clear some of the pending jobs... oh well nothing great just the usual ones - kitchen, laundry, garbage etc., the weather is awful here. y'day it was like a nasty autumn day. the germs thrive in such wet, cold weather, don't they?

will catch you all tomorrow. stay well....

4. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

ladies,
    good morning..we are off to a picnic today,visiting a transport museum which is by the seaside.have packed a yummy lunch of paneer tikka khatti rolls,cheese puffs and bahala bath made with macaroni(cv recipes)...i am coughing and throat is bad but still we have decided to go ahead,,feeling so bored at home without any activity..

cc,
    :thumbsup for lil A,,upcoming model,huh!!my plants have started flowering as well.its a great sight,isnt it..

nitha,
    good luck ..hope you like the new place...

latha,
    take care,sending you some health vibes.with a bad cough i have decided to go out,,hoping it wont aggrevate.no exaggeration,i have gulped 10 glasses of herbal tea in 2 days,:hide:

rest of you all,,have a nice weekend,

5. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

ladies i am a little confused. one of my friends is in the entertainment ind, and came to meet us yest.he offered me to come with Z for the photoshoot of wipro baby.he said if Z does well in the shoot, we could bypass audition and directly book her for their ads. DH turned the offer down without we even discussing it, or sitting on it. he said he didnt want to stress Z.
    i sort of felt the same, but then thought maybe we should have discussed this for a while ,maybe take her there once? its nothing monetory, just thought if wat we did was wrong?
    what do u ladies think?i should hv given it a shot?

6. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Ladies,

How ru all?

Tikka - yeah having difficulty in giving solid foods.I tried feeding with fingers..LO wud bite my finger,but once when the kanji goes in she will spit it out.

Today going to give apple puree.Lets see how it goes.

Girls,Any advice on getting specific feeding bottle?

7. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

aishu looks like teh tongue thrust reflex isnt gone, wait for a couple of more wks and reintroduce solids :). we started solids with Z at 5 months 1 wk, but she cldnt digest rice until she turned 6 months.
    feeding bottle, try teh avent wide neck with newborn flow teat, that is if ur baby is EBF.....

8. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Pooh - DH too felt that Adu can be taken for Ads etc ...as one of his friends suggested. Yes, there is nothing monetary and if it is stressful we wouldn't do it. But I think you guys should give it a shot. In our case, DH is more interested and actually, I am not. But I still think its worth a try.

Latha - Get well soon !!

Tikka/AD - Another bad night with DD ...may be it is her cold again. The problem is if I do not sleep well, I am extremely irritated during the day. DD does have a separate mattress. I have tried, bed, cot, floor everything. She is not a sound sleeper at all ...wakes up every 45 min and Cries ...takes a toll on me. With over 7 mo of no sleep for >3 hr in the nights, I am beginning to get cranky :((

Guys - I really want to move out of this big big family ..... just that. I dunno why ....may be I am just irritated ..may be I cannot think straight .....may be whatever

9. shrukri

shrukri New IL'ite

Thanks for the support AD, Sindhu, Ramya and Sri. I'm relieved to hear anyone can't tolerate such a toug person.
    Krithika i'll try to find the book here, i surely wanna read. But who can tolerate a person who'll conquer a woman's posession kids, kitchen etc. She was here for 2 mo when DD1 was born she insisted on massaging with johnson's oil, some kashayam for a new born(she was not suffering from anything gas, indigestion etc). I couldn't stop any of these. Rather i'm scared of her or her commands are so strong. If i find a source or soln to keep myself calm that's fine.
    Yea i was happy we're away from her, but that doesn't last long...She'll be here in jul.
    AD take care listen to some good music or do what u like. Everyone do feel low at times.
    Latha get well soon and tempt us with all ur scumptious cooking and baking.
    I'm yet to know u all hope to talk to all soon.
    Everyone enjoy ur weekend. No weekend for me it's as usual taking care of 2 all alone. Dh working....don't know when we'll get our good old time back......
    Take care all.

Uma

10. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

ladies,

i must be the only one talking only about myself in this thread... so apologies for that:(

while my no-internet policy got broken twice today because our regular 'indian calling' phone number isn't working today. i got to use skype so thought why not peep in here as well:)

i'm reading 'The Rules of Parenting' that we bought last year in the US. it's an engaging book for sure. and many rules seem so logical to implement. i'm right now reading the sibling rivalry part. if you can access this book do it without any hesitation.

Aarthi,

i'm sure it's this wet weather that isn't letting the virus go away. my body is aching today and i so want to be alright next week.

tell me... how do you plan and implement such picnic take-aways? really i have planned many times but it never works:( please share from the basic stages of preparation... it'll help me a lot when we have friends visiting us next month and i go for the baking lessons. DH, who said 'i'll take care, you have your fun time' is already hinting 'may be you must make something simple early in the morning' argghhh men!!!

okay logging off before i get lost again:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.