1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings - Season 5

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Traveller, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

We do that all the time and A doesnt like it at all :) he's ok with the short kisses but no big hugs or he will want to be part of it too! I guess there's some jealousy involved here but i dont intend stopping. One day he will learn that its ok for mom and dad to hug etc. My Dh left tonight on a trip too - I already miss him :-(

Latha - maybe you should put out only 2-3 summer outfits and ask him to choose. Or better still remove the heavy clothes and scoks from the wardrobe and keep them out of sight. Thats my only idea. I do believe in giving kids the right to choose a lot of things about their daily lives - clothes, meals, activities but not all of the time and not if they cry about it. I would rather give them the choice well before the crying because before crying its our wish to give them a choice and we are still the boss; after crying it simply teaches them that crying will result in getting thier own way and thats one lesson I do not want my child to learn. Lecture over :)

Pon - :bowdown that was fantastic - the whole story thing. You should definitely become a pre-school teacher - you have the knack!

Krithi - great avatar! And good for K :thumbsup

Aadhu did well today - no tears; even waved goodbye! His teacher said he spent the whole time asking the other kids why they were crying and telling them not to cry :)

V.

2. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

SS - hope you find someone better to look after LO soon.

AD - you and your mom are in my thoguhts. It will go well I'm sure

Vidyaa SMSed - seems pedi asked her to wait another day before trying anything new.

Hi to everyone else! Hope you all have a good weekend.

V.

3. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

V,

that's so cute of A. i can imagine him walking around like a periya manushan and asking after others... haa haa...

trouble is V just this week-end DH shifted A's clothes from adult sized closet to our tv cabinet. yes we converted the cabinet to his wardrobe. earlier i showed him 2 shirts and asked him to decide. pant he doesn't care as long as it's full length. DH did the whole exercise in a hurry so all his clothes are in one place. i'm going to get up early tomorrow and dump the non-seasonal ones in the cellar:( same with shoes too. we had a rather prolonged winter and so the thick shoes stayed over... explanations done:)

vidya,

whenever you get a chance to read this - i have had my boy vomit due to stomach bug and also my girl. but it's harder to see the baby vomit just because of the size... don't worry. she's getting rid of the infection and she'll be all her busy self soon...

Thank you Sindhu. when and where is the next trip?

Pon,

you do have great ideas. DH rarely accuses me in front of kids so when he does it hurts me a loooott. he apologised but i told him i'm still hurt. we went out today and have decided on the new TV. he was insisting that i also get a coffee machine (the one fully automatic to make cappuccino etc.,) and a kitchen aid. but i want to do some more research. making up... but no hurry...

tomorrow is gonna be very very busy. we've only one more week-end before our friends come. next sunday DH is gone on a conference. so the next 2 days my only chance to clean up the kitchen. i'm not at all creative so end up doing one spacing for a long time. if DH arranges something for me i'm good at maintaining it that's it. but i don't want him to enter kitchen... then a big fight will follow... how many baking things you have blah blah.. going to hit bed early and wake up early:)

4. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

hi girls,

befor i start my rants.

vidya,
    i am praying for your baby,,she will be fine soon,,take care and lots of health vibes to her.

so,i have been running here and ther elike a crazy woman,me and dh got our visas but V hasnt got it yet,,the visa officers are asking for more letters from his school and photos as well..have been going around for that..dh has to go to the office at 3 in the morning on monday to get the visa done for V.

i had been to V s best friends b day pary,they are maharashtrians and obviously most of the crowd were marathi speaking ...you all might have guessed,i was the victim today of the so called lingual seclusion..nobody even bothered to know even my name,i tried making conversations with few ladies and got one word replies:crazy.........i am so hurt girls,really hurt...what is this kind of racism within indians..there was one lady who looked onto me lika an alien and asked me if i was a pakistani(i wore a big bindi):hide:.....when my friend asked as to why i was quiet,i didn wait to reply,,told her that i coudlnt speak marathi and others dont attempt to speak english.....
    i called up dh in bet ween to sulk,,but he was way too busy to hear my rants:rant.......

ramya,
    when we stayed in india,it was a joint family(in laws)system..i could adjust with most of the things except the kitchen ,my fav food was never on the menu and was never even asked for.other than that there were a few tiffs here and there,no doubts about that..dh wouldnt support me so much as he does here when we are alone.that part would really put me off.

S-S,
    i really hope you find some solution soon.you first have to do an elaborate allergy testing to find out what all foods are causing the reaction in her.if you are familiar about chennai,kilpauk has a dedicated allergy testing and treatment centre,that is where i got myself treated,,of course the age is a big constraint for your LO..hugs,

PON,
    oh,,pon you are such a smartie...i really adore your qualities...you are a great role model for your girl...keep it up.you can surely consider a teaching career.

latha,
    same here with the weather,,if the mercury hits 22,V starts complaining that its too hot for him.as of now he is ok with me choosing his dresses,so i can relax on that part..
    wishing lil A a very happy birthday..your beauty treatment sounds great latha..its been ages since i had a proper one..i dread the prices here.

V,
    that was so cute of A..very mature,you must be relieved now.

AD,
    its the usual stuff ,both the parents have strictly said not to buy anything fancy as everything is available back home..so its only chocolates,irish soveneirs,,etc.i was planning to buy a kettle for my MIL,but she is skeptical about using it,so dropped the plan.

amitha/latha

these days V can understand english as well,so when dh says something silly about me in front of him,i warn him in hindi(dh can understand very little hindi,but i dont mind),,V would get a clue as to amma is saying something imp to appa...:biglaughthe whole scenario would actually resemble a comedy film..

AD,
    prayers for your moms surgery,,dont worry ,you can handle it well.
    try to update us when possible.

amitha,
    if you visit our house in the mornings,you would probably think if it is hit by some hurricane..its just the opposite here,ds doesnt want his dad to help him in anything and gets on my back for each and everything..the whole one hour of preparing him for school is enough to drain me for the whole day.i really wish he could be more attached to his dad,but he is a pakka mammas boy.:)

lee,
    ds is quite J when it comes to me getting physical with dh.even a small hug/kiss,he would get wild....that was sucha a sweet gesture of len.

sindhu,
    dh suffered a lot of office politics at his previous concern,,i know how stressful it can be ..hope you manage it well.

hi to all the mommies..have a great weekend..

5. sri112

sri112 Junior IL'ite

Hello girls!!!

Am back and with a bang!!!! Had been busy the last couple of weeks....finally am a SAHM :)
    Was my last day at work yesterday...got a farewell from my team mates...i actually got emotional when i had to submit my ID card :(...Well it had been my constant companion for 4 years....
    But then its all for DD...soo AAL IZZZ WELLLL!!!
    Met Lyn the day before and we talked sooo much in the one hour that we spent...I will surely miss those everyday chats Lyn....hope to catch u some day on GTalk!
    I now plan to be regular here...
    Now updates about DD. She too has been getting loosies since a week...Gave her antibiotics for 5 days and although the loosies have stopped she still goes about 2-3 times in a day...previously it was just once in a day..Have to check with her paed....
    Her vocabulary is increasing by the day....she loves repeating what ever we say...so umbrella is umbelella...its malla for rain (its actually mazha in malayalam) bell is for mobile....ohh the list is looong...its actually fun to see her talk/blabber :)

Vidya - How is Shibu? Hope shes doing fine...She'll be in my prayers...sending healthy vibes

Ramya - I too would love to stay with my IL's...I have been blessed with wonderful in laws :)

V - That was very cute of Aadhu...Looks like he can be the class monitor...he seems to have those qualities

Pon - Loved your idea about issuing stars...Will surely take that up...Wow am getting so many ideas from you all!

Latha - So which TV have u got?? A coffee machine as well...nice! Hop u finish your tasks today!

Tikka - Lovely avatar...is that ur DH and son?

Sindhu - Thanks for those photo comments!!

AD - Hope ur mom's surgery goes well..

Aarthi - Hope you sort out V's visa issues soon
    I guess this lingual seclusion is more outside India than in India...I mean i never have faced such a situation here!

Sharada - When is ur last working day or is it over already?

Bye girls...have a nice fun-filled weekend!
    -Sri

6. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Girls, Vidyaa's baby is hospitalised today early morning, is on IV currently :( Shibu didnt pee for over 6hrs, so Vidyaa got her admitted in the hospital, I heard. Hope she recovers quickly.
    My sis is here girls, quite busy with weekend errands. Catch you all later :)

7. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Latha - happy 2nd bday to Ananya! Hope you have a good time and also manage to get your kitchen stuff done.

Aarthi - that party episode must have been awful. Wish people were a little more sensitive about others though.

Sri - great that you are finally out of the office. Enjoy your time as an SAHM!

Pon- I'll try SMS ing Vidyaa now; hope S is better after the Iv fluids.

V.

8. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Pon, hope the LO is better. Thanks for the update.
    K's school meet. More montessori indoctrination. I can't care for that kind of montessori is the best talk. (apologies Aarthi, I follow a lot of that philosophy at home, but I dont believe it is the definitive way to raise/educate a child. The next one R's turn to go given he picked the school ;-). Splitting headache. I have a messy house to straighten up so that S aunty can clean it up and I have to find my watch :-( The little one says he put it on my table (but it turned up on the dressing table in his room!).

Am back for more.
    Aarthi, apparently someone asked my sister (also Aarthi) if she ate nothing but idlis and dosas because we are vegetarian. Narrowminded people are everywhere... it is a good thing V's friend's mom is not. BTW, I have two French neighbours, neither talks much to the other. I would assume they would love to hear their native language in a strange land. Both women openly dis the other - one of them is a French of African origin, the other as caucasian as caucasian can get. Racism is not specific to Indians ;-)
    Sri, congrats on your SAHM status, may you have a ball with your kid and DH.
    p.s. ladies that is me and my son. I have my hair super short now so that I can inspire K to have a hair cut, not happening again. Thanks for your kind words.
    pps. The little one wants the comp.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  9. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

pon,
    thanks for the updates about shibu,have been praying for her since morning,,hope the LO gets well soon,,please update here as and when possible.

latha,
    WISHING ANANYA A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY,loads of wishes to the LO..enjoy your(her) day.

sri,
    wishing you good luck with your next avatar,SAHM..i am sure you will enjoy every moment.

V has gone to a b day party.he was too shy when i left him there ,asked me to stay back ,i did stay for about 15 min,and then left him as he has to learn to socialize without me being at his side.hope he gets comfy soon.

10. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

LOL Tikka:) is that school monti?

btw, what's up with your mom's surgery turned physiotherapy? is she doing good?

V,

what could be the issue with Shibu be? not peeing, vomitting and then on IV? poor thing...

aarthi,

i was all set to ask you about the visa thing. oh god never ending is it? i thought they shouldn't have issues stamping for V:( don't worry there are such days... there always comes a better one:)

Sri,

should i say congrats? yes all will be well.

we only went to see y'day... kind of comparing between 2 shops. we've zeroed in on a toshiba. that was the only white frame. we'll be buying later today. need to carry passport and all for getting emi. i haven't decided yet on coffee maschine. to me that's luxury. what DH intends to buy is a fully automatic one. i'm happy with my simple filter even though the coffee isn't great. but that's because of the beans we get here. it's not as robust or strong as south indian... matter of taste:)

something i've to decide fast is on the foodprocessor. bosch makes 2 types with a price difference of nearly 150 euros and i'm confused what all that hype is about. may be just the design and sleek shape.

thank you girls. nothing special today. we've many outings to do so DH said i can make the payasam tomorrow:) i wore her a cute skirt i got from fabindia. so wanted to put on the payal for her but that's become tight.

i had a fab beauty treatment. herbal or whatever it was damn relaxing. she also gave me a complimentary reflexology and removed a shoulder sprain:)

so off we go now. we managed to deposit a buggy, a baby bed at the second hand shop. hope it gets sold soon...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.