1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings - Season 5

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Traveller, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

yaayyy to you Pon. glad you took everything in your stride, typical you:)

Tikka,

has K joined school already? how are you feeling about it? i'm sure he'll settle in very fast.

Vidya,

sending loads of vibes to Shibu. what did the doc say? i hope you get enough rest too.

AD,

now what to say. only you and DH decide about a second one. it IS lots of work not just the pregnancy and all that but for a long time. i know it's very hard to keep on ignoring others' passing remarks but no one will and can take over your responsibilities. After the first one i was so damn sceptical about a second one. well we did have one eventually, because we wanted one but it's really hard work. take care... you'll manage everything very well.

i've been quite busy re-arranging stuff and taking full advantage of the lovely weather. DS isn't eating that well so breaking my head on working that out as well. he only wants pasta with a knob of butter every day for dinner:( i'm taking kids outdoors everyday but i'm left exhausted. dropping off, picking up, shopping, normal household work and then again going out leaves me dead by 7pm. all my balcony, cleaning kitchen etc., is moving in snail pace. for once i told DH clearly that this is what i can manage. and last night it appeared like he understood. his argument was always that when i can sit to type here why can't i do some work. well there's always one thing or the other to clear... i need this 'me' time to be with you all, to unwind a bit...

where is everyone? hope all is well....

2. YesBee

YesBee Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,

DD is little better today. We are still continuing her antibiotics as it has to be given for 5 days. Giving her medicine is the tough part. She had not fussed to take the Iron/Vitamin drops earlier. She had once taken antibiotics for loose/green stools. Even that time she was a darling and took it without issues. But this one is not so good I guess, so she simply closes her mouth and doesnt want to take it at all :( I am glad that today is the 5th day and this episode will be over by today.

V/Tikka, Kudoos to Aadhu and Kiran for managing so well on the first day at school. More than the kids, parents are more tensed on the first day :)

Latha, Great to hear on the gardening project at A's school. Activities like this cheers us up. Children learn a lot with these projects. Hope A should have enjoyed a lot.

Pon, I can understand how relieved you would be after your cleaning chores. Yayy for you :thumbsup to accomplish your goal inspite of having all the 4 children playing at home. Reg the neighbouring kids talks and your idea of talking it out is very nice. I am learning many things from this thread.

AD, Sending you lots of energy vibes to handle things at ease. You are right, that the parents are the ones who should be deciding on the kids/kid's future and others do not have any rights to comment/compel on that.

CC, Thanks for the welcome. It was so nice of you to help out your friend.

Vidyaa, Lots of hugs and health vibes to Shibu and you. Kudoos for completing the deliverable among all this stress. Like AD said, try to take 2 days off from work and spend your time with Shibu. You both need good relaxation after these tiring days.

Hi to all other mommies.

3. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

It looks like ages since i have logged in here.

Hope all of you are doing well.Kisses to all the LO's.

Vidyaa - Dont worry dear.I have been there.. Incessant crying.DD is a big time crying baby right from 20 days.. and i did the same on one helpless nite..cry along with her..I know its not a great idea.. but then i didnt know how to calm her down. WIll pray for Shibu's speedy recovery. Take care.

Update from my end - Manu rolled over a week and half back.She had her hands struck in between her tummy and was crying for 3-4 days.. now she does rolling effortlessly...practicing it even in sleep :bonk

We completed 5.5 months of EBF and this week she was showing interest in food.. like when we ate she would open her mouth....so i tried giving her Ragi kanji(semi- solid form with clean fingers), she wouldn't drink from bottle and shes doing ok with that.

New issue:-She is whining in sleep like what Suman had told.She does sleep but only for 1.5- 2 hrs and then starts to whine n whimper so loud, will not feed and will sleep only on my lap.This has been happening for the last 2- 3 days. Any pointers to check?

Health vibes to all moms and Lo's.

4. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

hey girls,

howz everyone been?our visa thing is still undone.dh went in to the immigration office at 5 in the morning,still couldnt get the token..seems people were sleeping outside the office from y day night:hide:.dh is planning to go at 3 in the morning tomm to get our reentry visa.

vidya,
    sending the LO lots of health vibes.have ou tried swaddling?i know its meant for newborn and small babies,sometimes it works for older ones too..once V was crying non stop as a baby and we switched on the vaccum in the living room ,the loud noise did calm him down.

AD,
    wishes to your mom for a speedy recovery..same scenario here with respect to the second child..dh is very clear that he doesnt want a second one,but i am still half minded.unable to decide.i am sure we would have to hear all the gyan from all our folks during the india trip.

cc,
    very thoughtful of you.hope your friend and her baby are doing well.how is A?have you decided on the school?

V/tikka,
    nice to know that the kids are settling down.a big relief for moms,isnt it?

pon,
    :thumbsup girl,,you rock .when you are the one actually in need of help,its so kind of you to look after the neighbours kids as well..i dont know if i could manage to tidy up with so many kids in the house,mentally i wouldnt be prepared to do it..great going.
    so,how did the story time go ?did u manage to reach out to your neighbours kid?

latha,
    i started cleaning the kitchen cupboards at 8 in the night y day and was remembering you..i managed to do just one shelf.have to clean the appliances too..i have drafted a plan for cleaning the whole house,hope i stick on to it.the gardening project sounds fun..V bought home a sunflower seedling that he had planted,,but it didnt grow well..my tomatoes have been flowring ,and only flowering..wondering,whats wrong?

bhavani,
    how is your LO now?

amitha,
    hope your DS2 is coping well at school.do you send him snacks or do they provide at school?

hi to all the missing mommies..

V's school is hosting a cake sale day tomm and moms can bring in either home made or store bought baked goodies..i havent thought about baking,so might end up buying something from the store.the house is full of shopping bags ,trolleys,hhandbaggages that we dont even have enough space to move.have to start packing to clear the house.

catch u all later

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  5. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

V, Latha, thanks for your thoughts and I so wish things would get better at work magically. But unfortunately not. Its become very political with everyone ready to throw someone under the bus at the least provocation. I'm trying to stay positive and repeat my "Its just work" mantra, but its hard when you have to spend 8 or more hours in that mode.

Pon, regarding road trips - we've just done it. I'm kind of a planner by nature but DH is the spontaneous guy and he comes up with ideas leaving me no time but to scramble. No now I am used to scrambling and have a plan when scramble time comes. We generally stay at hotels with kitchen/kitchenette, stock enough milk/juice/snacks in the car etc. Keeping them entertained during the trip is a challenge but if you take breaks can be done.

V, K - glad everything went well for the kids during the 1st day. So exciting. I'll be in a similar situation when P goes to kindergarten this Sept - formal start of public school.

Pon, some of my vacation stuff is still not unpacked :-( So you were in charge of 4 kids?

CC, sending you some baby vibes.

Vidyaa, health vibes for your LO. Hope she is better soon. These days will pass. Baby being sick is so hard on us moms.

AD, good luck for the surgery and take care of yourself. Agree with everyone, you have to make that decision and there is nothing wrong in having one child. Lifestyle factors play a huge huge role. And I can say from my own experience that working with #2 was far more difficult than I had planned.

Latha, my DH says that to me as well - I've learned to be assertive in that dept as well. I do need my me time.

YesBee, are you Bhavani? I must have missed the name. Hope your LO gets better soon.

Aishu, yay for Manu for rolling!

Aarthi, good luck for your visa paperwork! Those immigration office trops cannot be fun...

6. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Vidyaa - Lots of healing vibes for Shibu. I know how it can be. Office + a crying baby .... I am going thro it now.

AD - As you rightly concluded, it is your decision and yours only. My ILs on the contrary say that one is enough and tht we SHOULD not have another one. Given the current financial circumstances, educational demands etc etc one is enough. But just for that sake, I MAY not stop. It is definitely the decision of you and D alone. So, just like other unwanted advices, stay cool and chill. Personally, I will go in for a 2nd only when I decide to quit work. With one and office and esp. in IT, the work load, the stress of someone else taking care of LO etc are too much.

Tikka - Whats this new Avtar ??? Cute .... Glad that K is settling. Did u check the yoga thing?

Guys - This is not a survey or something ... but just want to know. Is there someone in a big joint family or someone in a nuclear family WANTING to CONTINUE/MOVE into joint family? If so why? I am going through a lot mentally and I want to see some positives of this (If any?)

7. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

Ramya - i can do a dissertation on this topic.. call me if you want to just talk. and take care of yourself in this whole thing.

Just wanted to say a hi to all of you and pass my love to all LOs. I have given up on replying to this thread just for want of time.. this mommy is bad at time management :(. but.. you guys are thought about more often than you know !

8. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Bavani, hope LO gets better soon.

Aishu, this wriggling every few hours in the night and wanting to sleep in momma's lap is so familiar, try to put her down and keep patting her while singing a familiar song, that will assure her that mommy is right next to her.. dont worry if it continues to want your lap. she is too small to understand anything you try and you may have to wait till she changes it herself.. just go with the flow is what I will say.

Aarthi, ahh same here.. DH is clear, I am not. but I (looks like you too) will not go against DH nor force him on this.. so all shopping done for your india trip?? looks like you got lot of gifts for family back here.. anything diff you bought other than usual chocs/ nuts, etc would love to know..

Tikka, your changed your avtar after a long long time.. this pic is so natural.. look at his lovely eye ball rolling! hey he looks like your DH na?!

Latha, right thing to do is say it out to DH.. 'this' is all that I can do. when I am angry, I say that to DH.. I also add - 'accept it or not, I cannot do anymore..' :))

Ramya, that will be a wrong question to ask me, if you were looking for positives of that! if at all I see any positives, it is only that there will be people back home to do daily pooja, maintain the house, manage maids, get couriers, getting corporation water, and yes having something cooked for the night while we are all day out at work.. dont judge me wrong..

will write more tomm girls.

9. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Amitha , he went to a stand-alone playschool for 6 months earlier and then had May off. This is pre-KG at a "regular" school; ie. the school that he will hopefully continue in until Std X atleast. This is 3 years of Montessori and then CBSE from Std I. I didnt really take that playschool thing seriously - to me that was just to get him to meet kids and out of mischief. This one though I'm a bit more serious although not very much. :)

AD - as a kid I used to feel sorry for the only children and thought they must all be selfish and spoilt. As an adult I met some really wonderful people who were single kids and I learnt differently and dont think so anymore. Maybe your ILs family hasnt known many people like that. Anyway I absolutely agree with you that its the couple's choice. I'm actually seeing plently of children with sibs thee days who are completely pampered and spoilt, far more than many single children so its all in the parents mind and attitude. When's the surgery?

:thumbsup Glad thats going well. Only a matter ot time now before he stops crying.

:thumbsup Good for her!

I live very close to my ILs and see them nearly everyday but we dont live tohether. And no I would never want to. Spme distant day in the future when they need a lot more care/help I think we'll have to have tehm live with us but not for as long as I can help it :)

My update - parents had to leave the kids at the gate today and A went in happily but was crying at pick-up. His teacher said he was fine for most of the hour and onlt started crying at the end. Well hope that settles soon.

V.

10. msharadha

msharadha New IL'ite

Hi everyone, am feeling better now. Gals thanks for listening to my rants, a I feel better when I am able to vent my feelings to you guys and you are also not judgemental, thats the best part of all this.
    Thanks to everyone for all your suggestions.

I got to speak with DH about this onsite and everything else that has been bothering, have spoken to him openly about all the questions that keep popping in my mind. Am a lot better now.

Hey Asha, long time now, hope you and the LOs are doing good.

Ramya, I so agree with you about the 2nd kid, even I have told my DH that if I have a 2nd one, then I will not undergo all this trauma of leaving the kid with others and going to work. Its too much to undergo all that once again.
    Am on the same page as you about the joint family, so not much help there. But there is no use thinking about this when there is nothing you can do about it. You knwo what I did when I was feeling like you, I used to pray to God everyday to get my DH onsite opps for a longer period so I can move with him. Somehow got out of that phase now. But am still hoping my prayers to be answered soon.

Sindhu, good luck with office politics, I have suffered through this and am now fed up and hence happy about quitting.

Aarthi, its really bad about the visa thing, hope this gets settled soon. You must be so excited about your India trip right. We are waiting for my sister to visit us, its been 3 years since she left to US now.

Aishu, nice to know about Manu, you must have felt so happy to see her trying all this na. Now you will have to be even more cautious when you leave her on bed, these LO's will want to try all the new things they have learnt.

Hi Bhavani, good to know that your LO is fine now. I have a terrible time giving my kid medicine. He will just puke no matter what taste the medicine is.

Latha, count me in with the not eating thing, my DS already starts saying "mammu venam" , he sings this song until I tell its OK.
    Having a tough time feeding him, last night he slept after having milk, I just cannot force him to have food, any ideas in this front will be great.

Vidyaa, oh I can imagine how helpless you must have felt, I have experience this "amma amma" crying when DS was in pain. I just did not know what to do. Hope she is fine now.

CC, it was so nice of you to help your friend with her delivery. She is lucky to have a good friend like you.

AD, Dont worry everything will be fine, you will be there in my prayers. You sure know how to handle the talks of 2nd kid. I am happy that no one has approached with that topic until now, dont know what I will do when that happens, God save the person who does that.

Tikka, nice pic, pardon my ignorance, is that little K in the pic, and who is that behind him.

Pon, good that you have been able to do the things that you planned. My room is still waiting to be cleaned and I am only thinking about it. I think I will start the cleaning only in July.
    The little girl's comments are surely annoying, I think the idea you have is a good one.

Vanathi and Tikka, good that your kids are getting along with school, am already thinking about my DS.

Hi Amitha, hope your DS is also fine with the school. So are you having some time for yourself now.

Hi to Lee, Sri and the rest of the missing mommies...

Wanted to share something that happened two days back, my MIL was cutting a ripe mango and my kuttu took a piece and was having it, he was continuously telling her to give a piece to amma (me), and she was putting a piece away for me. You know what he did, he sprang for another piece and came running to me and was asking me to have it(literally forcing me). I am so bowled down with his love. Wonder how these little ones have so much of love in their little hearts.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.