1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings - Season 5

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Traveller, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

girls,

success, success... y'day DD skipped her nap. she was all set to nap in the bus at brother's pick-up time but saw 3 cute puppies and so didn't. i actually thought they were cats but nope... really sweet. then brother came home, unusually was listening to rhymes on cassette player and then simply dozed off at 5. you can very well imagine how worried i was about his night time sleep. little one played quietly with utensils and potatoes.. it's quite a wonderful sight to see her play with intense concentration when there is nothing to disturb her. then we both had chapathi at 7.30. thereafter she promptly went to bed and slept through. the brother woke around 8.30, had dinner with his dad, read book, painted a picture and then came to bed with me at 10. we all woke up only at 7.30 this morning. DH woke up early and seems to have studied quite a bit. so he's a happy man too...

i'm sure all your sleep dusts reached us in plenty y'day. thank you so much for always listening to the rants and for being there. i'm so refreshed after a nice sleep.

Pooh, SS.. has it gotten any better?

Aarthi - i get that. can't you do it (choreography) by yourself? it's expected to rain badly only this weekend and then summer starts. i hope so too. y'day in the evening it was suddenly warm for an hour or so and then it poured.

many many errands to do today. monday being holiday the shops will get crowded after lunch time. so we're off early, for a change, today:) all have a wonderful day..

2. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Finally got some free time to catch up!

Latha, yay for your great time yesterday night! What's the Monday holiday? We have a holiday the following Monday. So true what you say kids will remember the taste and smell of mom's cooking - even years later.

Aarthi, there's something about nice weather that perks us up, isn't it?

Ramya, belated anniversary wishes - wishing you and hubby many years of love and togetherness. What is OTG? Is it Oven?

Pon, enjoy the rest of your stay! How are the kids?

Uma, my older DS is also a very picky eater and I can completely relate to your feelings. I hope LO is different. Don't be hard on yourself, some kids are picky. Try to let her eat on her own 1 or 2 times and you can feed the remaining one time. Maybe that will help.

Welcome Shobha! How old is your LO? Boy or girl?

Add me to the sleep deprived mommies list.Sleep and me time together are not possible so I end up trading my sleep for some quiet time all by myself.

Yesterday was my birthday and I came back late from work to be surprised by cake and a gift (P got an additional gift for himself while shopping for my gift - his logic is that he is the candle blower helper, so he needed a gift as well). MIL made payasam so all was great.

All not going well at work though, so this is a welcome change and some good relaxation.

Everyone take care.

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Pavarun, I was drawn to this thread today like a magnet - probably I just had to know it was your birthday :) Happy belated birthday, it is the birthday weekend. Enjoy.

Ladies, sorry for the intrusion.....continue.

4. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Rama,

what is this intrusion all about? please continue to 'intrude' then;) for us merrier with more moms...

Sindhu,

belated wishes, birthday girl. that's a nice logic by P:)
    take care. i'm sure your PILs are giving enough relief from work pressure. it's always nice to have some distractions when things go tough outside home. monday is some catholic holiday. next week schools are closed. A is in private kindergarden so only monday he stays home.

today was so pleasant. we got sun with that springy breeze after such long time. we got a spot for intensive swimming lessons (in summer) for A. glad i didn't postpone it much and went to check it out today itself. tomorrow planning to take the boy to a movie show.

atlast i have inagurated the cycle (exercise one). It arrived in jan and DH has been after me. i did for 15 minutes only. don't know if it'll do wonders to my waist...

5. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Thank you Srama, Latha!

Srama, do peep in here, never an intrusion. We love having more moms join :)

Happy exercising Latha! Now I feel guilty about the treadmill I never use :-(

6. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

latha- oh thank god that she is sleeping better now.. u needed some rest yes. but for me , well things are just getting worst...we have just moved the bed off, the bedroom and the mattress is on the floor,after Z falling off the bed a gazzilion times. so now in her sleep she crawls down and bangs herself against something...:( happened 2ce last night. her sleep has been very patchy, and the right side of her lower jaw hurts, i wonder if she is teething. yest she fell off twice trying to stand up holding the couch, and we have a a swollen forehead again :(

sindhu- awwww , that must be some special moment... !ur LO is such a sweet lil boy.

SS- any improvements in LO's sleep? :(
    aarthi- i have been itching for some outing too, but with LO around i dread to have one! good that u enjoyed!
    Pon- this thread has been missing ur presence,come back soon!
    uma- oh lord, DH works on weekends too eh? :( poor u, dont even get some much needed rest.... hugs momma!

today is my birthday and so we are going out... dunno where though, DH has planned something. :)
    yesterday me and DH did some baking together, it was nice. we did get some time off the baby chores and talk..all of a sudden, DH hugged me tight and said, he loves me a lot,and apologise for the mistakes he made in the recent past.:) i didnt react much,just smiled.dont know, life has been so tough on me last couple of years, managing the pregnancy alone without mom or MIL....neither of them really bothered actually...
    i rem, when i had to rock the baby all night the day she was born via c section... and there was no one to attend us except DH and me in our hospital.. oh well...
    see there i go digging the past, silly me.
    anyway ,today is MY DAY,and i hope to enjoy!
    cya later

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  7. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Poonam,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :) ENJOY YOUR DAY...

Ramya,

Belated Wedding anniversary wishes, mine follows in a couple of weeks..

So how are you ladies, i wrote on friday, but wondering where it is now gone:idea

LO is feeling better now, atleast out of diahera...
    He is always i mean always shouting shouting, raising his voice as if he is talking to someone...and one more yeppi, he is sitting now with some support...not able to manage him nowadays...again i am another sleep deprived mother :(...thank god DH is thr to help me otherwise i am gone...but he too would be travelling in a couple of weeks to US for 8 weeks...
    Both MIL and granma are sick looking for a full time maid at home....

8. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Happy Birthday Poonam!!! Enjoy your day... It must have been tough being alone, but think how stronger it must have made you. Also support systems in many times come with strings attached, and with their own baggage, so maybe it was just as well that you didn't have them.

Padmini, advance anniversary wishes to you! It looks like its raining anniversaries here - mine is in 3 days :)

9. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Pooh,

birthday wishes again:) that was so moving - your moment with DH. sometimes past difficulties do bring us together. i'm not the one able to forget past issues that easily so all i can say don't let that ruin your peace. so what was the special treat?

Sindhu,

it's raining birthdays and anniversaries here:)

it was such a gorgeous day today.. it still is. the 3 of us getting ready to a small session at the park. The movie experience was quite good today (mondbaer - moon bear). the movie hall is designed like a car and only 3 kiddos. and they still ran the show:) no advts etc., and directly the movie. henceforth i'll go only to this theatre. today i made the wise decision to buy 2 popcorn bags instead of 'sharing' 1. i enjoyed the movie more than DS:) i should have taken DD too. the movie was about a teddy bear with rabbit, owl, ducks, bug friends and they help put back the moon in the sky who fell down by accident. she would have loved to see all those animals on big screen.

okay kiddos getting restless. me signing off...

10. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

gals we went to this plc called Zafran Exotica for lunch. we prefered the buffet and it was the yummiest food i hv had,since a long long time!
    Z was nice outside and well behaved,as usual.she only fusses wen at home,that too only at nights LOL.
    i think she is one of those rare babies who have taken to formula feeding so happily at 7 months!last we bottled her was wen she was 4 months,when i could express for her :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.