Let's Fire Up Those Neurons!

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

This might be even better. A Syrian cat.

[​IMG]

Viswa
    [​IMG]

jskls and kaniths like this.
  2. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

I didn't forget! I was just pulling your leg, Viswa! I am not an eminent professor, and I certainly don't think along the lines of C/D student etc. – I have written about that elsewhere on IL. The chiding is an affectation – a cosplay if you will. Fact, fact, fact!!! I am merely pretending to be a Gradgrind, stern and soulless. :grinning-smiley-048:
    I don't expect anyone to know geography (or anything else) because I don't know it. There may be some failures in conception and design, but I never insist on recognition or memory in my puzzles. The idea is that a puzzle should be accessible to anyone with a Google search-box. No prerequisites.
    Not a competition. Surely you've noticed that I take pains to point out, pretty much every single time, that I choose puzzle targets (and clues!) to share things that I imagine (almost) anyone would find interesting. I simply want the answer to be engaging - of the sort that, were you to pursue a headline in the NYT, you would say "hmmmm... that was cool ...", and the clues (some of them, at least) to lead to entertaining detours.
    gladiator.jpg

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    Viswamitra likes this.
  3. sokanasanah

I got it. I like Futurama! :lol:

kaniths likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Soka,

I understood your intent and it was a playful response from me pretending to be a young man (politically correct term for an immature response). After interacting with you for long period of time, I figured out you are a wonderful human being with a single objective to share knowledge with everyone. I know very well you go out of the way to explain things precisely and clearly to each one of us. Geography comment was out of frustration as it was my weakest link and it is not intended to blame anyone. I don't mind taking detour to solve your puzzles. Please bring them on more and more so that my mind can remain alert. Pulling legs strengthens friendship.

Viswa

5. sokanasanah

Puzz.jpg View attachment 252043

Here's one for you Viswa, to help stave off the Alzheimer's!

This puzzle has four answers. You need all of them to win.
    Three people. And something they have in common.

A judicious combination of clues is required for a solution, since clues for person-A may not have anything to do with those for persons-B or C!!

This one may be somewhat difficult, so discreet conversations are encouraged.
    More clues as requested.

6. Viswamitra

Soka,

Hang on for a second. 10 image clues. I need to find three people and what they have in common. You have already warned a clue for one person may not fit another. We don't know which combination of image clues will find a person and even if I create a grid, it won't help me. So, it is important for me to find out which are the combination clues would work to figure out three people and then figure out what they have in common. Can I at least get a hint whether images are arranged in sequence for each person?

Viswa

7. sokanasanah

No.:nono::lol:
    Images are scattered. I wouldn't tell you all about the grid and then instantly repeat the pattern would I now?

Viswa. Make up your mind. Do you want to avoid dementia or not? o_O

Hints:
    No grid**. So columns will have to do. 11 pics, 3 people. You can spot, right off the bat, that two pics go together as one clue. So, 10 pics, 3 people. Max 3 pics per person - maybe two will do, perhaps 4 for one person? You are better off figuring out at least two people before trying to guess what they all have in common. Although there's a slight hint for that as well. One particular pic does double duty, pointing both to the person and to the commonality.

I made a few clarifications to avoid (too much) confusion.
    Maybe start with the most egregious clue?:thinking:
    :beer-toast1:

**Of course, you can draw a grid of boxes to mirror the layout if the visual helps you. I have not imposed any pattern deliberately. Another option is to write clues for each pic on a post-it note and then move them around for grouping & clue combinations.

8. sokanasanah

Generate your first round of clues, prune, group, and then you're allowed to ask for more hints!
    :roflmao:

9. Viswamitra

I found two people connected with music. Am I on the right track?

10. sokanasanah

Which do you mean?
    (a) Answer is a person connected with music? - No.
    (b) Clue is a person connected with music? - Yes. Only one.