1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Let's find ways to de-stress...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by subrahmanian, Sep 21, 2009.

1. subrahmanian

subrahmanian New IL'ite

Let's find ways to de-stress

Children spend a better part of their days with their teachers. Parents must find ways for them to de-stress, relax and concentrate on studies. Teachers too find ways to unwind, relax, and do something beyond teaching.

It's very important for everyone, child or adult, to have a hobby or a pastime. My wife always like to experiment with new dishes. We're now in Florence, Italy on way back to Mumbai from Frisco, CA, USA. Here Indian items of stores and vegetables aren't available at all. how many permutaions and combinations she has availed to get food palatable indeed! She derives personal satisfaction.

Most of us find a common solace in music. Internet and "YouTube" are the great friends. So are the so many other hobbies.

We must also keep themselves abreast of the latest happenings through newspapers and magazines. Let's surf the Net. Let's develop the habit of spending quality time in a libraries.

My wife, Mrs Kokila Mani has been a teacher. Also she interacts with children always. She' been been a teacher for over 38 years. Not to be left behind in the high-tech arena, she always finds constructive ways to pass her free time. if at all we could manage some! Modern day educationist knows how to balance the best of both worlds, but nothing beats the rejuvenating experience of 'being' a student. Yes, I too have always remained a student till date a student. - Participate in projects on "Think.com" a portal exclusively meant for schools,. Here we can communicate on an international scale.

Exercising is another area. Why not overcome sluggishness, compensating by walking/ jogging in the mornings and evenings?

It's the profession, in fact, "teaches you!". Teachers' profesion too. Keeps your cool, and over a period of time, very few things stress you out. My balcony faces her school. On the rarest of rare occasions therefore (hardly ever!), if I am stressed out, I too go over to the school and spend time with the students, and that helps us to see the world through the eyes of children.

That, for we both, is the best stress-buster in the whole world.

2. subrahmanian

subrahmanian New IL'ite

A good read indeed - crisp and educative. Who's not a Teacher? All of us are teachers to our kids for quite a length of times. Only thing we're not aware of the fact. Mrs Subrahmanian must feel proud of an understanding hubby. Or is it the other way round! She has given meaning to him?
    -- Hari SH,

3. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Great blogJThere is no substitute of a child’s innocence and how it makes us de stress our self by observing and playing with them. As you said it’s necessary to be a student throughout out life. There is a saying “One shall be a student until last breath”… even if we don’t want to learn new things nature make us learn new lessons of life. In this world of competition and were the mantra “Survival of the fittest” rules, we don’t have a choice than to be a curious student and at least know something about everything. It’s a well said quote “Jack of all trades, master of none”. Even when we put a few things form here and there in us we have to be master of something. What we have to keep in mind is we shouldn’t be ignorant of anything. Once someone get to know we are ignorant then it’s so easy to fool us and make benefit from our ignorance. Every day a new technology comes to the world and it is difficult to know everything in detail but we should know something about it. So to keep us up to date and to strive to be a better human we have to be a humble and sincere student till our grave.and this striving will keep us active and help us develop a hobby of our own which we will love to do and unkonwingly help us to de stress.

4. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

I totally agree.

Now days I go to an Adult education centre nearby, it is wonderful to see ladies starting to learn the LETTER at this age and hoping to help their kids better. The way they lap up all given to learn is surprising.

Amihere's fb is superb.It actually reminded me of the AL Centre, as these ladies have come here and learnt even the recognition of currency.and it is true for them that...

Once someone get to know we are ignorant then it’s so easy to fool us and make benefit from our ignorance.