Let us now take up the second chapter of the Gita.

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla,
    Thanks for your compliment.
    Your last line made me laugh. Krishna cannot come & teach everbody ! Very often we must remember
    Deivan manushya roopena.
    I wonder why there is a tinge of "pessimism about your understanding" in your posts! I think, you underestimate yourself that you cannot grasp.
    Just go ahead confidently. Understanding follows acceptance, is my experience.
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Mrs. Chitvish,
    Read the second chapter with interest. Rightly said that we had to be qualified to get any advice (otherwise the advice is a waste) or we should be in a helplessness state where we cannot move further ( here comes the saranaagathi).
    When things go out of our control in life, we feel dejected and don't know what to do. when we totally surrender to HIM we feel relaxed and develop that kind of mentality to accept what comes our way.
    Great going! waiting to read the significance of having Guru, in our life time.
    Sriniketan

3. Chitvish

Dear Bhargavi,
    Thanks for the F B.
    We need qualification both to ask for advice( we must be open to listening) and give advice (we must be competent). Only then it works.
    We must surrender without doubt in Him and also without expectation that we must get only what we want ! He may have better plans for us !:-D
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    At last I caught up on this thread!
    According to Mimamsa (a branch of Sanskrit grammar), the teacher should give the essence of the entire text in the beginning as well as at the conclusion, for good understanding. The second chapter containing 72 verses and the last chapter containing seventy eight verses, between them, condense the in-between 15 chapters.
    This was a new information for me. I did know that the 2nd chapter deals with Karma Yoga, Gnyana Yoga etc. which are dealt with in detail in the following chapters.
    I will go through your other posts and write my opinion.
    Love and regards,
    Malathi

5. Chitvish

Dear Malathi,
    I did miss you - can't help saying !
    Thanks for joining us here.
    Love,
    Chithra.