1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Let us invest in our thoughts

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by simran4u, May 19, 2012.

1. simran4u

simran4u Silver IL'ite

View attachment 155626

Dear friends,
    In our day to day life we invest in our health by exercising and having a balanced diet, we invest in our appearance by taking beauty treatments or buying good and expensive skin products. We also invest in share markets or mutual funds or take insurances.
    But we never try to invest something in our thoughts. Forget about investing, we don't even try to observe our thoughts.

Do you know that thoughts are very important aspect of our life. As we think , so we become. Apart from giving us our personality, our quality of life and our attitude, everything has its core depth or roots in our thoughts. Even our sub conscious mind is loaded with unmanifested thoughts. Deep rooted sanskars which are coming from so many births are nothing but unmanifested thoughts.

It is a scientific fact that we think around 50,000 thoughts in a day. So just imagine the quantity. In a way we can say that our thoughts are a form of wave or energy. When our mind is worried or anxious then we might think of so many thoughts in a minute and thus our clarity and our awareness level goes down,If the mind is calm and relaxed then it can make good choice or decision.

Moreover thoughts can be divided into 3 broad categories. that is positive , negative or neutral. It is always better to stay in positive or neutral state of thought. A lot has been talked about negative thoughts and their consequences. Let us talk of positive thoughts.

How can we always stay in a positive state of mind. Well it is a matter of practice.Generate good and elevated thoughts(high ideal or sayings of enlightened people or scripture reading or spiritual practice or satsang ) and as a result of this , the layers of negative thoughts will get reduced. Try doing this experiment for a week.

This experiment has been told by sister Shivani of Brahmakumari. In a day there are 24 hours. Out of which let us cut down 8 hrs of sleep and 1 hr of busy schedule in the morning. We have 15 hours in a day. Now what one has to do is put an alarm for every hour . After every alarm , pause for a minute to check the status of your mind. What sort of thoughts are running inside. If something is troubling you, then generate a positive thought and move on.
    By doing this , we are also getting into the practice of let go and then there would be no such situation or person or thing which can take our energy or our peace of mind.

This experiment is nothing but a way to lead you to the path of meditation. When you become an expert in this then you can also sit down for meditation for long duration of time and feel more relaxed and calm and our efficiency level increases,our creativity increases , more than that our mindfulness and awareness increases and then we don't have to invest on the external things so much.When we have invested in the internal source then external would be taken care automatically.Think about your investments.

2. bhuvisrini

bhuvisrini Gold IL'ite

Dear Simran
    Excellent investment on thoughts. Actually I was in more fear recently and am trying to overcome my fear, for that I surf lots n lots of articles/presentations and quotes on positive thinking. Today I didn't have any idea about your blog but your blog gave me an immense pleasure while I read it. Its wonderful and I enjoyed reading. Thanks for sharing at right time.

Cheers
    BhuviSrini

3. Diamondwoman

Diamondwoman New IL'ite

Investments of this kind alone will lead to much better and refined quality of thoughts, ensuring us leading a calmer day to day existence....

This will give us an opportunity to change our daily humdrum existence fraught with anxieties and worries and stresses to thoughts of peaceful acceptance of "what is" "is"

This is one Investment which will always be "ours' and cant be snatched away by anyone at any point of time

What is required is the Consistency in maintaining these Quality of thoughts and "Letting Go" as and when required..

"This too shall pass away" is one thought that I bring foremost in my mind when disturbed

4. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

“When things are bad, we take comfort in the thought that they could always be worse. And when they are, we find hope in the thought that things are so bad they have to get better.”

5. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Excellent post and information conveyed through this post simran4u. I appreciate your thought process and the blog post.

The exercise you have quoted is really seems to be a good one. Will definetly try this.

6. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

nice one! your post remain me of a story i heard at childhood "a black dog & a white dog"

7. plakshmi

plakshmi Gold IL'ite

hi

very nice write up. i just do not want to say "good" and just forget it. because you have written which is very much important to all of us and i pray god that i must implement it without fail. though i have bookmarked in my system but the good thoughts must be bookmarked in my mind too.
    lakshmi