1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Let us begin at IL – Happy International Women’s Day – March 08th 2015 (Sunday)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Saisakthi, Mar 8, 2015.

1. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear @Saisakthi Sister ,

Greetings on International Women's Day.

I appreciate your very thoughtful expressions on International Women's Day.

I think we may help the poorest of the children by donation the cost for one year to be decided by the Principal of the school.

I am already supporting two children living in the slums of Bombay, (they are in 9th Std now) for the past 3 years through a women's organisation. I am committed up to their completion of +2 stage.

Hope this thread is the beginning for change in the lives of at least a few poor children.

1 person likes this.
  2. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Sister @Saisakthi , good thread its encouraging :). There are many wonderful women here who do their share to the society... The content feeling you get when you share what you have.... its amazing!... can never ever be price tagged!.... I am happy that I am privilaged to have this feeling with me !.... Om sai Ram

And that signature... yeah trying to!

3. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Sister @Suryakala

Sairam, Reciprocate Womens day wishes to you, Let us really create the difference beginning from here, from the little whatever we could afford

That is a great thought indeed - Sponsoring Two Children through their Middle and Secondary School Education, for Educating them :hatsoff:

Let the initiative from us at IL begin from this thread and many unaffordable kids be given the privilege of being EDUCATED

AUM SAIRAM

4. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Sister @rmuramka

Sairam, Thanks for your wishes and reciprocate the same to you.

Yes we are indeed blessed and chosen by Guru Sayee to reach out to the needy, we need to understand the same and his timely reminders, which enhances the strength of our soul.

Happy to know that you get immense strength when we (me & Sister @Suryakala) interact, glad that we are instrumental in being with you though we are strangers, Thanks to Sayee for his guidance to reach out to you and many others who are in need of support emotionally.

Do update when you reach out with your time or a few currency in support of Educating unaffordable Young Ones

Aum SAIRAM :thankyou2:

2 people like this.
  5. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Saisakthi I want to share one more incident here.My DH was taking money in an ATM booth and he overheard a conversation between a mother and a daughter.The girl wants money to pay the fees and the mother replied that she is trying hard to get the money.They both were much worried.Then My DH came out and asked how much they needed and the money was given to them.They both were happy and relieved.we helped our relatives in getting good education and they all are well settled but now not even a call from them. I have an opinion that helping unknown people is worthy as there is no expectations..My sons too have the helping tendency.God helped my children to get good education.Saisakthi you have started a nice thread.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  6. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

"Wake up everyday and remind yourself....You are the best!!!
    Happy Women's Day to all the lovely ladies.

Thank you sister for this thread. We should always strive to do the best we can for any girl child...because it is but a fact...that had it not been for womanhood...mankind would not be where it is today. Salutes to all the women around us.

7. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

@Saisakthi - Happy Women's week to you !!! This is a wonderful thread that you have started here.

I have been sponsoring lunch for blind kids for the last few years, it's a shelter home cum school for close to 100 children. I go there twice a year on my Anniversary and Birthday with my family and spend time with them, sometimes have lunch along with them.

Just recently a friend of mine mentioned about an NGO which works for cancer kids, I will be enrolling with them next week to sponsor for a program that they have, called as "Wishes". This thought got triggered after reading your post. Thank you.

8. rajinitk4

rajinitk4 IL Hall of Fame

@Saisakthi sister thanks for tagging me. B'lated happy womens day to all of you.
    Currently am sponsoring a girl childs education. Also contributing monthly some amount for a foundation which supports education to poor children.

1 person likes this.