1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Let us begin at IL – Happy International Women’s Day – March 08th 2015 (Sunday)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Saisakthi, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Swethasri

Swethasri Platinum IL'ite

Thank you so much Saishakthi! Same to you!

1 person likes this.
  2. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

I copied out my sons work book 10 times and gave to my maid for her to distribute in her town ship. I made a goodie shoe box for my maids grandson and presented him some cartoon cds.

4 people like this.
  3. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

I contributed my kids story books, all in good condition to the less fortunate kids.

5 people like this.
  4. PriyaSrini

PriyaSrini Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

This is a truly noble initiative sister @Saisakthi , and kudos for bringing this into focus on Women's day. There is a lot that I can do, for now, I volunteer to teach a class of children at a local school once a week.

3 people like this.
  5. DreamWorld

DreamWorld Silver IL'ite

I have not done anything in recent times related to schooling/kids here in USA (May be once I have kids, I will get more opportunity to do). I expressed my interest to take classes to Bal vihaar,sanskrit/hindi classes, but somehow have been postponing them due to personal reasons.

But when I was in India, during my undergraduate days, I used to help our laundryman's son with his 7th/10th class board exams. And it was not for any fees or like that. That boy was so enthusiastic to learn and pass those board exams with atleast second class. His sincere efforts paid off and he passed in first class. I was so happy and he used to say Akka (sister) its because of your help i got these marks. He used to help his parents in collecting/delivering laundry clothes from all houses, goes to school and is a brilliant student too. Also, post completion of a class in school, all our school text books are given to our maid's kids for sure. She has 3 children.

5 people like this.
  6. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Sister @periamma,

Excellent, No wonder in reaching out to the First place, Last "Mother Earth" adds the complete flavour to the Poem, :hatsoff:

Thanks for sharing
    , Sad these days children (most) children don't create when actually everyone can, blame it on the Rote Memorization and the Q&A pattern

Aum Sairam

7. Saisakthi

@heron Sister,

Thats a great one indeed, for children to practice when they cannot afford such Work Books, Hope you find time to check if they could solve them or sort out any difficulties they had in working out.

Keep doing little things making the difference, Thanks for sharing your thoughts

BTW I like your signature line as I am interacting you for the first time here,

Aum Sairam

8. Saisakthi

@VanithaSudhir Sister,

Oh Yes!!! Story books reading would never be in their cards and that was very kind of you to have passed it on to the children who don't get a reach to it,

Get going, share the pleasure and happiness, Thanks for sharing

Aum Sairam

1 person likes this.
  9. Saisakthi

Sister @PriyaSrini

:thankyou2: for dropping by, I am interacting with you for the first time I guess and glad you stopped by to share and happy to hear that you have lot of avenues that you can be doing to reach out to educate children.

What are the subjects you teach them, just curious to understand, since I belong to the same industry and may be I can share materials if you need to value add.

Hope you hear from you often,

Aum Sairam

10. Saisakthi

Sister @Dreamworld

Keeping the thoughts that we need to stretch our hands for Teaching if not doing right away will benefit you immensely, show you the path when need arises...

Infact Teaching washerman's children is indeed a blessing, you will be soon gifted, (diverting to spiritual walk...) btt

Those marks will ever remain in his career and you would also be happy about it, Thanks for sharing..

Aum Sairam

1 person likes this.